Charts are useful tools for displaying a graphical representation of a particular data or information. These are displayed through the use of graphs, tables, diagrams, etc. There are various types of charts available that can be used depending on how an individual wants a particular information to be displayed.A pie chart is a type of chart that is used to display the numerical proportions of a whole based on a specific category. If you need to create a chart for your data, you can download from the different types of samples available in this article. Also, read about the steps in creating one below.
How to Create a Chart in Word from Table Data
- Enter the number of rows and columns that you want to have in the insert table option from the drop-down menu
- You can use the Excel spreadsheet that can be seen in the process flow then select Tables. With this option, you can create an Excel spreadsheet within the actual word file.
- In addition to the second option, you can also copy and paste existing Excel spreadsheets in the document.
- You can use the table button and create a graphic grid based on the options within the insert table dialog box.
- Draw specific table forms by selecting the draw table option. With this option, the cursor will then turn into a pencil icon that will help you draw particular boxes.
- You may select the option of using quick tables where there are already templates and formats of tables that you can use.
- You can use the Convert Text to Table option by using table tools that can organize words and reorganize it into a table. This can be done through field separation.
Ways to Create a Chart in Microsoft Word
Creating a chart in Microsoft Word can be useful, especially if you need to create your own format for the data that you will be displaying in your chart. Here are the ways on how you can create a chart in Microsoft Word:
- First, open a blank document in theMicrosoftt Word program.
- Select the Insert button and choose Charts from the Illustrations tab.
- After this, a dialog box will open, which is where you can select the different types of charts, from line charts, pie charts, bar charts, and other various types of charts that you can choose from.
- When you have chosen from the list of charts, click on the OK button to confirm.
- You now have a chart wherein you can input the different data that you want to display.
Tips for Creating a Chart in Microsoft Word
Here are some tips to help you create an Excel chart in Microsoft Word:
- Before you start creating your chart, it is important to gather and organize your data.
- Clean up all the unnecessary information and data that may be present in your document. This is important to ensure that only the essential information are included.
- Proofread all the data that you have written in your chart to assure that it is accurate and free of any errors.
Additionally, a Pareto chart template and a diet chart are also available on this site.
FREE 10+ Medicine Chart Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 10+ Seat Chart Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ Pie Chart Samples in PDF
Free 3+ Eye Color Chart Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ Family Chore Chart Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ Classroom Chart Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ Genealogy Chart Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ Shipping Chart Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ Goal Chart Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ Character Chart Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ Table Seating Chart Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ Classroom Seating Chart Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ Grade Chart Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ Workflow Chart Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ Budget Chart Samples in PDF