A chart is a graphical representation of any information or data and can be made in the form of a graph, diagram, or table. Charts are useful tools in displaying particular information in a visual form. This can be used in comparing and observing data for a specific period of time.
There are various types of charts that can be used depending on the format and the style of the chart. For example, a bar chart uses rectangular lines to display information. If you are looking for charts such as examples of an organizational chart, there are downloadable samples available on this page.
What Is a Gantt Chart and What Is Its Purpose?
A Gantt chart is a type of chart that is used to display information, particularly on a project schedule. Sample Gantt charts can be used as reference should you need to create one. A Gantt chart can be used for various purposes, which are as follows:
- It is useful in illustrating data about a project from start to finish.
- A Gantt chart helps avoid confusion and allows you to monitor the progress of a particular project.
- Using a Gantt chart ensures that everyone is on the same level of understanding regarding the project.
Types of Charts
Here are the types of charts that are commonly used:
- Line Charts – a line chart is a type of chart that displays information using lines. This type of chart is useful in showing trends on a particular data.
- Bar Charts – a bar chart is a type of chart that uses a rectangular bar in comparing information.
- Column Charts – this chart is usually used to make comparisons on data for a particular period of time.
- Pie Charts – pie charts are used to display numerical proportion.
In addition, there are price chart templates available should you need that type specifically.
How to Create a Gantt Chart
To help you create an effective Gantt chart, the steps in creating one are as follows:
- To start your Gantt chart, download a template such as a diet chart or chord charts or any chart that you may need.
- Input the tasks or data that you need to display in your chart.
- Add task descriptions in your chart.
- Edit your chart and add the due dates to the tasks that you have written in your Gantt chart.
What Are the Advantages and Disadvantages of Gantt Charts?
- A Gantt chart allows you to set the time frames for the project that you are working on.
- It allows us to see a visual representation of the project schedule ensuring that every task gets done.
- Using a Gantt chart enables you to organize the tasks that are needed to be done first.
- A Gantt chart allows the team to accurately allocate the tasks that need to be done.
- The Gantt chart does not display the complete information on the project.
- A Gantt chart needs to be updated frequently.
- Gantt charts aren’t workable on a piece of paper and should be viewed on a computer screen since it contains data that is continuous.
FREE 8+ Price Chart Templates in MS Word | PDF | Excel
FREE 11+ Baby Chart Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 6+ Pareto Chart Templates in Excel | PDF | MS Word
FREE 40+ Chart Templates in PDF | Excel | MS Word
How to Organize Chart Examples [ How to Organize, Tips to Organize ]
How Do You Create a Chart Templates in MS Word? [ How to Create, Ways & Tips to Create ]
What Are the Types of Charts? [ Basic Charts, How to Choose, Uses of Charts ]
FREE 11+ Behavior Chart Templates in PDF | MS Word
What Is a Pie Chart? [ How to Use, Tips for Creating ]
What Is a Flowchart? [ Types, How to Create, Difference ]
FREE 10+ Measurement Charts in PDF | MS Word
FREE 11+ Size Charts in PDF | MS Word | Excel
FREE 10+ Size Chart Templates in MS Word | PDF | Excel
FREE 10+ Growth Chart Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 9+ Diet Chart Templates in PDF | MS Word | Excel