Emergencies are circumstances that we may never know when or where to happen, and may be caused either by human activities or natural calamities and phenomenon. This is the reason why we need to always have an emergency action plan.
An emergency action plan is needed especially for companies and businesses to be prepared when a real emergency occurs. Having an emergency action plan will be of great help to assure the employees and the clients of a specific establishment that the people hired by the company are all equipped with the knowledge on what to do should an emergency occur.
Aside from our downloadable emergency action plan samples, you may also take a look at our Sample Action plan that may be applicable for different functions in different fields.
Emergency Action Plan Sample for Construction
Emergency Action Plan Sample for Business
Basic Fire Emergency Action Plan
Sample Emergency Action Plan Checklist
Printable Bomb Threat Emergency Action Plan
Pre-emergency planning is very crucial in the process of creating an emergency action plan. The processes involved in pre-emergency planning includes the following:
- full knowledge of the structure where people are in and is assumed to be in should an emergency occur;
- identifying the safety features of the area, especially the emergency exits and emergency lights;
- determining whether emergency equipment in the building are up to date and functional;
- ability to figure whether the site conditions are appropriate for the emergency action plan to be made;
- nearby locations must also be considered as they may affect the implementation of emergency procedures on different manners; and
- knowing whether an existing emergency procedure is still usable or if there is already a need to change it with a new emergency action plan.
Aside from our emergency action plan samples, you may also browse through our Sample Incident Action Plans.
Office Emergency Action Plan Sample
Standard Emergency Management Action Plan
Employee Emergency Action Plan Example
Sample Emergency Action Plan for Fire
Standard Safety Emergency Action Plan
Emergency Action Plan Meeting
It is very important for entities to have an emergency action plan meeting as it will allow them to identify and implement the following:
- Head of different departments may gather so that they can plan which departments may do specific tasks should an emergency take place.
- It will allow all the departments to be aware of the emergency action plan of the company they are working for.
- A meeting with all the employees will help them to be aware of the emergency features of the place where they are working.
- It will enable the employees to help their clients and customers should there be an emergency that is to happen.
Testing the Emergency Action Plan
After an emergency action plan is fully done, the layout and practices that should be implemented in times of emergency must be tested. This can be done on hours or days where there are no work operations. Also, it may be done with the help of clients to make the emergency more realistic. You just need to let them know beforehand that there will be a live simulation of the emergency action plan.
Should you already know the information that you need to be aware of regarding an emergency action plan, you may read our Affirmative Action Plans and Corrective Action Plans for you to gain more insights about other kinds of action plans.
9+ Personal Action Plan Samples
8+ Sample Career Action Plans
7+ Sample Marketing Action Plans
9+ Sample Asthma Action Plan
46+ Sample Action Plans
10+ Sample Incident Action Plans
9+ Sample Affirmative Action Plans
9+ Asthma Action Plan Samples
6+ Sample Business Action Plans
16+ Sample Consignment Agreement Templates – Word, PDF
9+ Sample Consignment Agreements – Word, PDF
8+ Sample Consignment Agreements – Word, PDF
9+ Committee Report Templates – Docs, Pages, PDF, Word
6+ Sample Board Reports – Docs, Pages, Word
17+ Cost Benefit Analysis Templates – Word, PDF