In professional photography, photo or print release forms are common tools used by business owners and photographers. Such documents are legal in nature and serve to protect owners of images from liability should a talent or client oppose their decision to publish or reproduce the images. Professional photographers use such documents to either obtain from or grant permission to people whom they have worked with in photo shoots.
If you have just set up a photography business, consider looking through the available Sample Forms on this page. Doing so will give you a thorough idea of how you can draft forms for your own use.
Client Print Release Form Sample
Photography Print Release Form Example
Print Copyright Release Form
Blank Print Release Form
If you own a photography business or work as a professional photographer, it is very important that you are able to prepare Talent Release Forms and Media Release Forms beforehand. Many advantages come with being able to draft such a document prior to photo shoots or transactions. Here are some of them:
- You (as the photographer) and your talent or client will come to an agreement. A print or photo release is basically a written agreement between you and your talent (the human subject of your photos) or your client. Typically stated on the forms, you will inform the talent or client that you own the images you take and you get to do as you wish to such output. In other words, you are obtaining permission from them should you decide to publish, display, or reproduce the images.
- You will get to claim and establish ownership of your images. Such a document can serve as the written proof that the images you take belong to you, and that you were responsible for making such a circumstance come into fruition. Without your planning, no images would be produced at all.
- You will be protected from any possible liability. People’s minds can change unexpectedly and drastically. One moment your talent or client agrees with your decision to publish the shots you took of them, and in the next, they disagree. A print release will safeguard you from any liability.
Printable Model Release Form
Print Release Photography Form
Standard Print Release Form
Printable Medical School Release Request Form
- You will be saved from the hassle of having to deal with any legal issues. In relation to the advantage previously mentioned, when you are protected from liability, you will no longer have to deal with any legal issues should the other party decide to take court action for your decision to publish or reproduce the photos you took of them (which belong to you).
- Being able to prepare and draft such documents beforehand adds to your credibility in the profession. When you are able to present photo or print release forms to your talent or clients prior to a photo shoot, they will instantly get the impression that you are a credible photographer who wants to take care of the more important aspects, such as legalities and formalities, before anything.
Print or photo release forms are no different from Medical Records Release Forms, except for the contexts they cover. However, their general premise is to serve as the legality that attests to a particular agreement.
Making your own forms can simply be done by searching for samples. It is also vital that you add your brand onto such a document so as to make it more distinct. You can also use it as a tool for clients to remember you and your business.
FREE 10+ Special Education Form Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 23+ Sample Acknowledgement of Service Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 17+ Intake Form Samples in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | PDF
FREE 8+ Sample Enrollment Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 10+ Faculty Self Assessment Samples in PDF
FREE 8+ Sample Employment Application Forms in MS Word | PDF
FREE 10+ Delivery Note Form Samples [ Bike, Commercial, Tax ]
FREE 10+ School Accident Report Form Samples [ Student, Bus, Primary ]
FREE 10+ Annual Evaluation Form Samples [ Employee, Manager, Performance ]
FREE 10+ Stop Direct Deposit Form Samples [ Cancel, Unemployment, Authorization ]
FREE 5+ Request to Transfer Employee Samples [ Internal, Position, Classified ]
FREE 10+ Time-Off Request Form Samples [ Paid, Work, Vacation ]
FREE 10+ Personnel Requisition Form Samples in PDF | DOC
FREE 50+ Sample Application Form Templates in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | MS Word
FREE 73+ Application Form Samples in MS Word | PDF | Pages | Google Docs