An eviction notice is a form of document that a landlord serves a tenant or tenants stating the reasons for eviction and the duration of time that the landlord allows the tenant to respond to such notice. That is why, if you are a landlord or someone charged with managing an estate, apartment, or any establishment for rent, then you must be aggravated by the thought of creating such an imposing and formal document.
Well, worry not, for here at sampletemplates.com, we have collated a variety of eviction notice Sample Forms that you may download for free (some of these options are license-to-use or hidden behind a paywall). Our templates will make your eviction process go smoother by making it easy for you to edit these templates through any text editing program (MS Word, Libre Office) and fill in the necessary details.
Sample Notice of Eviction Form
Rent Eviction Form Example
Eviction Cancellation Form
Tenant Eviction Form
An eviction notice is a notice served by a landlord to a tenant or tenants. This notice usually contains the following:
- the statement indicating the landlord’s clear intention of evicting the tenant;
- the reasons for such eviction;
- the specific remedies (if any) available for the served tenant, which he may comply with before a specific date in order to avoid formal eviction court proceedings; and
- the specific date that the formal eviction court proceedings will begin upon the failure of tenant to comply with specific remedies.
Reasons for Eviction
There are plenty of causes for a landlord to possess the legal right to evict a tenant. Those reason are the following:
- failure to pay rent in due time;
- violation of the terms of the tenancy contract such as possession of illegal drugs within the tenanted premises, waste mismanagement, nuisance, and destruction of the rented property; or
- repetitive violation of contractual terms and conditions.
Eviction Notice Application Form
Eviction Form in Doc
Types of Eviction Notices
There are generally three kinds of eviction notices. The variation of eviction notices depends on the concomitant reason for eviction. Corollary to the list of reasons for eviction made above, the following are the different kinds of eviction notices:
- Notice to Pay Rent or Quit – This notice serves as a warning for a tenant. Usually, it states the grace period for the tenant to pay his rent dues. Upon payment, this notice ceases to have weight on legal proceedings, thus an eviction proceeding cannot be started.
- Notice to Cure or Quit – This notice is served when a tenant has violated the terms and conditions of the tenancy contract. More often than not, this involves issues such as the violation on the terms regarding proper waste management, keeping noise at a certain level, and observing curfew hours. This notice allows the tenant the option to remedy the cause for such notice. Otherwise, failure to do so will give rise to the landlord’s right to file for eviction court proceedings.
- Unconditional Quit Notice– This notice does not provide the tenant an option to remedy the situation. This termination notice is absolute, and depending on the laws of the state, the tenants are given a minimum of 5 days to vacate the property. The primary reason for this notice is the tenant’s repeated violation of the rent contract’s terms and conditions.
For more samples, you may browse our wider collection of Eviction Notice Samples by clicking on the link provided.
8+ Sample Incident Report Forms
22+ Requisition Forms in Excel
14+ Rent Roll Form Templates – PDF, Word
11+ Tenant Information Forms – PDF, Word
7+ Sample Blank Affidavit Forms – PDF
16+ Return to Work Medical Form Templates – PDF, Word
10+ Sample Material Request Forms – PDF, Word
10+ Sample Requisition Forms – PDF, DOC, Pages
9+ Sample Overtime Request Forms – PDF, Word
8+ Trust Amendment Forms – PDF
10+ Sample Temporary Guardianship Forms – PDF
8+ Vehicle Inspection Forms – PDF, Word
8+ Sample Employee Clearance Forms – Word, PDF
8+ Emergency Contact Form Samples, Examples, Templates
8+ Sample Emergency Contact Forms – PDF, DOC