Any employer or HR staff knows the value of employing standard rules and processes in granting leaves to their employees. Failure to do so may result to the employees’ abuse of the option to go on leave. It is for this reason that an employer must mandate the employees to subscribe to a standard leave request procedure through the filing of a leave request form.
For your convenience, we are providing you with easily editable leave Sample Forms. These are available in Word and PDF format making it all the more easier for you to tweak it accordingly. Feel free to scroll down below and download the form that suits your needs.
Sample Employee Leave Request Form
Employee Sick Leave Form Example
Employee Leave Application Form
Employee Leave of Absence Form
Employee Medical Leave Form in PDF
A leave form or a request for leave of absence form is a type of document that must be filled out by an employee who plans on going on a leave from work (be it paid or unpaid). The human resource department is in charge of keeping leave forms in their office so that employees can readily file their request when they want to go on leave.
What Does It Contain?
Indeed, there are various types of leave forms which an HR staff can employ in their leave management processes; there are, however, some basic content/information that all leave forms, whatever kind it is, must ask for/contain and those are
- name of company/company letterhead at the topmost part;
- name of the employee requesting the leave;
- date of the request;
- reason for the request;
- if it’s a medical leave, attach the medical certificate procured from an authorized medical practitioner;
- duration of leave;
- whether or not it is a paid or unpaid leave;
- terms of leave (the statement of consequences should the employee abuse his leave duration);
- employee’s signature; and
- signature and name of HR staff examining the leave request.
Employee Annual Leave Form
Employee Maternity Leave Form
Employee Short Leave Form
Employee Leave Form Example
Types of Leaves
- Casual Leave – This leave is only for a short duration (3 days maximum). Prior permission is necessary for this leave, except in circumstances when obtaining the employer’s prior permission is not possible (unforeseen sickness, family emergencies, etc.). However, the employer must still be informed of this leave as early as possible.
- Privilege Leave – Normally, all companies offer paid leaves to their employees and it is usually ten to fifteen days. This leave can be converted to cash by the employee if he/she does not consume it by the end of the year.
- Medical Leave – This leave can only be availed by regular employees. As a requirement of this leave, an employee must produce a valid medical certificate within 72 hours after taking leave of absence from work.
- Maternity Leave – This is available for women who just delivered a baby for a period of up to 2 months. Women who carried out abortions or miscarriages can also avail of this leave, albeit at a shorter period of 6 weeks.
Manage Employees’ Leaves
As an employer, you need to do the following:
- Set clear expectations during orientation regarding the rules about leave and leave request forms.
- Make sure your employees have a copy of the leave rules.
- Remind your staff of expectations regularly.
- Enforce the rules.
Aside from leave forms, we also have Employee Application Forms that you may find useful for future reference.
8+ Sample Incident Report Forms
22+ Requisition Forms in Excel
14+ Rent Roll Form Templates – PDF, Word
11+ Tenant Information Forms – PDF, Word
7+ Sample Blank Affidavit Forms – PDF
16+ Return to Work Medical Form Templates – PDF, Word
10+ Sample Material Request Forms – PDF, Word
10+ Sample Requisition Forms – PDF, DOC, Pages
9+ Sample Overtime Request Forms – PDF, Word
8+ Trust Amendment Forms – PDF
10+ Sample Temporary Guardianship Forms – PDF
8+ Vehicle Inspection Forms – PDF, Word
8+ Sample Employee Clearance Forms – Word, PDF
8+ Emergency Contact Form Samples, Examples, Templates
8+ Sample Emergency Contact Forms – PDF, DOC