If your business involves delivering products to your customers, it’s highly recommended to provide a delivery note form with the products being shipped. The purpose of the delivery note is that It helps your customers check the number and description of items being delivered and also check if there are any missing products or the wrong product was included in the delivery. If you’re not sure how to make a delivery note, that’s okay! Because this article can provide you a guide on how to create a delivery note with sample downloadable templates to choose from.
10+ Delivery Note Form Samples
1. Delivery Note Form Template
2. Car Delivery Note Form
3. Return Delivery Note Form
4. Vacum Delivery Note Form
5. Motor Delivery Note Form
6. Agent Delivery Note Form
7. Sales Tax Delivery Note Form
8. General Sales Tax Delivery Note Form
9. Income Declaration Delivery Note Form
10. Courier Delivery Note Form
11. Delivery Challan Note Form
What is a delivery note?
A delivery note, also called a goods receipt or a dispatch note, is a form that lists down all the products or goods, their shipment and quantity details included in the delivery. The importance of a delivery note is it’ll help your customer compare their order and the products they received. Another important thing is that it is also used as proof that the customer received their order by signing the delivery note and the signed copy will be sent back to you.
How to Create a Delivery Note
Making a delivery note is really simple to make.
- First, label the note with the delivery note (also called quote) number.
- Then list down the store or company’s name, the recipient’s name (the seller), the shipping address, date of order, shipment, and delivery, and the description and quantity of the products that were ordered.
- Include also an empty space where the customer or the recipient signs the note to confirm that they have received their order.
- Include a little thank you for the order statement that shows your appreciation to your customer.
- However, if you want to go digital, you can send your delivery note to your customer through email. The delivery note will automatically reach your customer making it beneficial for them to be aware that they’re expecting a package and to review their incoming order to see if there any mistakes.
- Don’t forget to provide three copies of the delivery note; the first one is the customer’s copy that you sent out, the other one is the transport company’s copy (with the signature of the customer) as proof that the delivery is successful and the order arrived at the customer’s place, and the other one is your own copy for safekeeping.
And that is the general format on how you make your delivery note. It’s up to you if you want to include more details. However, if you want to make sure you don’t miss any important details, consider using the sample free delivery note templates provided in this article.
Is a delivery note an invoice?
A delivery invoice is a bill of sales transaction that shows the payment amount of the order of the customer while a delivery note is a form sent by the seller to the customer that the products or goods have been delivered.
What does a delivery order look like?
A delivery order looks a lot like a packing slip. It usually consists of one page and is often used by the seller to complete the order, for delivery.
A great tip to remember before you go out and create delivery notes is that whenever a customer places an order on your online store, create the delivery note right away and send the order to the delivery company as soon as possible. This will ensure that the order will be delivered right away and it will help shorten the waiting days of the customer. If you’re looking for more note templates for your business, fret not! We’ve provided some more articles with tips and sample downloadable formats. Head over to these note templates and download your preferred note samples!
FREE 9+ Sample Food Order Forms in MS Word PDF
FREE 36+ Sample Delivery Note Templates in MS Word Numbers ...
FREE 21+ Delivery Note Templates in MS Word PDF
FREE 19+ Delivery Note Templates in MS Word PDF
FREE 10+ Delivery Invoice Samples in MS Word MS Excel | Pages ...
FREE 9+ Sample Delivery Order Forms in MS Word PDF
FREE 8+ Consignment Note Samples in MS Word PDF
FREE 5+ Handover Note Templates in PDF MS Word | Excel
FREE 38+ Notes Samples in Google Docs MS Word | Apple Pages
FREE 7+ Sample Delivery Slips in MS Word PDF
FREE 11+ Sample Doctors Note Templates in MS Word PDF ...
FREE 10+ Jury Voir Dire Notes Samples in PDF MS Word
FREE 5+ Sample Note Templates in PDF MS Word
FREE How to Make a Doctor's Note for Work [5+ Samples]
FREE 10+ Goods Receipt Templates in PDF MS Word | Excel