Appraisals are done in order to find out the real value of something or someone. When it comes to things such as cars or real estate, appraisals are done to determine their current value, which is calculated based on a number of factors. The same could be said of people. A job performance appraisal is done to know if the employee is doing enough in their current job title.
Appraisals are often mistaken for evaluations. They are, however, two different things. If you are looking for a job evaluation, check out these Job Evaluation Samples. Our appraisal forms are in PDF format, so using them for your business should not be a problem.
Performance Appraisal Forms
Annual Performance Appraisal Form
Sample Performance Appraisal Form
Employee Performance Appraisal Form
Self Appraisal Forms
Self Assessment Form for Appraisal Form
Student Self-Appraisal Form
Employee Self-Appraisal Form
Business Appraisal Forms
Individual Business Loan Appraisal Form
Business Dealer Appraisal Form Example
Consultant Appraisal Forms
Consultant Appraisal Form Example
Consultant Performance Appraisal Form
Consultant Appraisal Form Example
Car Appraisal Forms
Used Car Appraisal Form
Used Car Appraisal Form Sample
Classic Car Appraisal Form
The Importance of Appraisals
Appraisals are done on a number of things. It is done on people and on other various things. The main purpose of doing appraisals is to determine the thing or person’s true value. This is especially important because you don’t want to pay more than what you are getting. In today’s world where money is a very important part of life, you want to be getting your money’s worth.
The first aspect that will be discussed is the importance of appraisals on things. A number of things, especially those that have high value, can be appraised. Some of these things that can be appraised include real estate, cars, jewelry, and so on. Listed below are some of the important uses of appraisals.
- Insurance – Appraisals are very important when doing insurance claims. An appraiser can easily verify the quality and conditions of these things. Insurance companies often require that these things be appraised first before offering an insurance policy.
- Accidents/Loss – When these things are lost or when accidents happen in case of cars or anything that caused a change in value of these things, appraisals are used to establish their value before and after these things happened.
- Financing – When you need financing for these things, appraisals are the best way in establishing their value.
- Purchases – You my be planning on purchasing some of these things. Knowing their current market value will help you negotiate the given purchase price.
- Sales – When selling these things, you need to know their true value so that you are able to decide on a good selling price.
- Legal Litigation – When disputes arise regarding these things, appraisals are necessary in order to prove their true value.
The next aspect will focus on the important uses of appraisals in people. Appraisals are usually done on people’s performance in a company. The purpose of doing one on things also applies to people. As performance appraisals are the basis for career advancement, they are done to see the true value of people in the company. Listed below are why companies do performance appraisals.
- Performance Improvement – Appraisals are done to evaluate the effectiveness of an employee in his or her position. When it is seen that performance is lacking, companies can step in and do the necessary actions in order to improve performance.
- Compensation Adjustments – Employees feel good when they see that their hard work is rewarded. Appraisals are often the basis for pay raises and bonuses.
- Placement Decisions – Promotions, transfer, and even demotions are decisions properly made when an appraisal is done.
- Training and Development Needs – Training needs to be effective. Training Evaluation Forms are used for this purpose. Knowing how employees perform and where they lack will improve their training methods.
- Staffing Problems – Appraisals will show the strengths and weaknesses in the organization’s staffing process.
- Job Design Errors – Poor performance may also be caused by problems in the job description of the job title and how fit the position duties are.
Employee Appraisal Forms
Annual Employee Appraisal Form
Sample Employee Performance Appraisal Form
Blank Employee Performance Appraisal Form
Residential Appraisal Forms
Residential Appraisal Order Form
Sample Residential Appraisal Form
Residential Appraisal Report Form
Rental Appraisal Forms
Rental Property Appraisal Form
Sample Property Appraisal Form
Vehicle Appraisal Forms
Vehicle Appraisal Form Example
Vehicle Damage Appraisal Form
Used Vehicle Appraisal Form
Sales Appraisal Forms
Sales Manager Performance Appraisal Form
Sales Real Estate Appraisal Form
Sales Team Performance Appraisal Form
Tips in Making Appraisal Forms
Appraisals, when done right, could save you a lot of money. First of all, they determine the true value of things or people based on quantifiable factors. Appropriate amount of data is gathered to back up the results of these appraisals and so you are assured of the accuracy of its results. For example, you will not pay more than a car’s true worth when a proper appraisal is done. A company also will not spend too much money to pay on salary for someone who is not performing up to par with the standards set by the company.
Appraisal forms come in different shapes and size. Appraisals can be done on certain things and also on people so their contents very much vary. For instance, some of the elements you see on a Performance Appraisal Form will not be present in a property evaluation form. There are, however, also elements that they have in common. An appraisal form needs to be as comprehensive as it can and cover all aspects of the thing or person. When making one, you need to make sure all these aspects are addressed. Listed below are some tips one can use when making appraisal forms.
- Make a Goals and/or Purpose section. A Goals section would be an appropriate section in a job performance appraisal form. This part of the document can contain job functions that need to be done, projects that need to be completed, and so on. It is also helpful if employees could contribute their own goals. A Purpose section is also needed so that it is clear why an appraisal is to be done. This could be present in both appraisals for a job performance or for valuable things.
- Clearly state the evaluation criteria. It is important to make it clear how the evaluation process will work. For a performance appraisal, it will be helpful for the employer to let the employee know how their performance will be evaluated and what to do during the whole evaluation process. For valuable things, the criteria for evaluation are all listed on the form, so make sure that it is also clear to the owner.
- Design the different sections in the form in logical order. Avoid a lot of cross-referencing in the document. A logically ordered appraisal form would ensure a smooth appraisal process so make sure you won’t need to do a lot of jumping around with the form.
When doing an appraisal, you need a document to record all the data that you have gathered while doing one. These data are very valuable pieces of information in which decisions are based upon, which means these documents are also very important. Our appraisal forms provide an efficient way of making an appraisal. All the necessary elements that are needed to make an accurate appraisal are included in them so you won’t have to worry about the results. They are also in PDF format, so printing them and using for your own purposes would not be a problem.
9+ Sample Overtime Request Forms – PDF, Word
8+ Trust Amendment Forms – PDF
9+ Sample Vendor Request Forms – Word, PDF
10+ Sample Temporary Guardianship Forms – PDF
8+ Vehicle Inspection Forms – PDF, Word
8+ Sample Employee Clearance Forms – Word, PDF
8+ Emergency Contact Form Samples, Examples, Templates
8+ Sample Emergency Contact Forms – PDF, DOC
8+ Sample Pledge Forms – PDF, Word
7+ Print Release Forms – PDF
10+ Patient Feedback Forms – PDF, Word
6+ Sample Construction Work Order Forms – PDF
8+ Sample Registration Forms – PDF, Word
8+ Registration Form Samples, Examples, Templates
8+ Rental Application Form Samples, Examples, Templates