In every company, employees are expected to perform their jobs. When they applied for the job, they signed a contract to do their responsibilities. Within the company, supervisors make sure their employees are performing well. They evaluate their employees to check if they’re doing their job properly.
Employees should be open to these appraisal process for they’re part of their career growth. They can learn many things from their job evaluation results. Supervisors should also be respectful and truthful with their feedback. This performance appraisal process is beneficial for both the employees and the company.
Annual Appraisal Forms
Staff Annual Appraisal Form
Nurse Annual Appraisal Form
Annual Appraisal Report Form
Employee Appraisal Forms
Retail Employee Appraisal Form
New Employee Appraisal Form
Sales Employee Appraisal Form
Employee Performance Appraisal Form
Completed Appraisal Forms
Completed Self Appraisal Form
Completed Annual Appraisal Form
Home Appraisal Forms
Manufactured Home Appraisal
Mobile Home Appraisal Form
Home Alley Appraisal Form
Home Appraisal Checklist Form
Self Appraisal Forms
Staff Self Appraisal Form
Employee Self-Appraisal Form
Self-Assessment Appraisal Form
Self Performance Appraisal Form
What Is a Performance Appraisal?
A performance appraisal is a process of evaluating the job performance of employees in a company. It is conducted from time to time to assess the employees’ improvement. Through this process, employees are able to enhance their job performance according to the company’s standard and ideals. A supervisor or head of the department is the one who is in charge of conducting a performance appraisal.
Benefits of Performance Appraisal
Performance appraisal can bring many benefits not only to the company but importantly to the employees as well. This process is a way for employees to learn and discover their hidden potentials as career-oriented individuals. The following are the benefits of performance appraisal.
- Productivity: Through assessing the performance of the employees, their productivity level increases since they’re continually reminded of the responsibilities to uphold, standards to meet, and quotas to reach. An appraisal activity is a form of a reminder for the employees to do their best and increase their productivity level so more work can be done and fewer backlogs.
- Efficiency: Employees can develop the trait of being efficient on their work. It’s not enough that employees can meet standards and reach quotas but have low-quality outputs. The output of the job must also be considered. When the job output is mediocre, the productivity is wasted.
- Teamwork: Doing performance appraisal helps a company be united since every employee is not only working for himself but also for the company. Employees can work together by encouraging one another to do well on the job. A supervisor also creates a strong bond to his subordinates through a continual appraisal process.
- Goal Oriented: Employees are transformed into goal-oriented individuals. For instance, an employee wants to improve his productivity level by finishing many tasks as possible. In this way, the employee is using this goal as a motivation to keep going. Having a goal is a strong force and motivation to achieve anything in life.
- Determination: Employees are more determined to face every challenge. The appraisal process is helping employees gain determination and effort to do their work and never falter from any problems. No one wants to disappoint anybody, thus the employee will surely bring everything to the table and do what he can for the job.
- Strong communication: Performance appraisal creates strong communication and bond among employees and supervisors because of the constant messages and feedback that are being relayed to one another. Also, employees give their trust to their supervisors and the company, in general, to guide and offer them the best training they can have at the company. Through this constant communication between employees and supervisors, they’re creating a bond that can greatly benefit their working relationship.
- Growth: An employee can gain tremendous career growth from the appraisal process since he’s learning many things. Through discovering his lapses, he is now aware of the things he needs to do and the ways he can improve his performance. The employee should remember that the appraisal process is not to discriminate or judge, but only to help and give guidance.
Personal Appraisal Forms
Personal Property Appraisal Form
Personal Performance Appraisal Form
Personal Development Appraisal Form
Personal Assistant Appraisal Form
Performance Appraisal Forms
360-Degree Performance Appraisal Form
Annual Performance Appraisal Form
Staff Performance Appraisal Form
Probable Problems in conducting Performance Appraisal
Despite the many benefits of performance appraisal, problems can still occur along the process. The following are the possible problems of performance appraisal.
- Biased: The process is prone to biases, especially if the supervisor is close with the employee. This can lead to biased ratings. To avoid this, the supervisor must be someone that can give evaluations fairly regardless if he’s close to the employee or not. A bias evaluation should be avoided because it will not help any of the employees.
- Subjectivity: There are instances when the supervisor becomes subjective of his view and assessment. The supervisor must apply fairness in giving his appraisal. Objectivity should be carefully followed in doing an assessment.
- Derogatory Remarks: A supervisor should know how to respectfully give his evaluations. There are times when supervisors say things that are inappropriate or can greatly hurt the person. Instead of uplifting the employee, the supervisor has made the employee feel low of himself. This scene should be prevented because this is not what you want. The goal of the appraisal is to uplift and inspire employees to do their best in their career performance. When saying the evaluation result, the supervisor should check the tone of his voice and the words he used. It’s okay to give constructive criticism as long as it is delivered properly.
- Unreasonable Ratings: Some supervisors give unreasonable ratings. They tend to rate an employee unreasonably to appease the employee or give an employee a hard time because of a personal matter. The supervisor should be knowledgeable on how to set aside his personal feelings and focus on conducting a fair appraisal. The supervisor’s job is to make the employee realize his potentials and improve his career abilities.
Staff Appraisal Forms
Staff Nurse Performance Appraisal Form
Staff Appraisal Form Example
Staff Appraisal Form Sample
Engineer Appraisal Forms
Hardware Engineer Appraisal Form
Senior Survey Engineer Appraisal Form
Structural Engineer Appraisal Form
Performance Appraisal Tips
As supervisors, doing a performance appraisal can be a challenging task to do. When faced with pressure and difficulty of the process, follow these appraisal tips.
- Explain the standards you are looking for. Tell the employees the qualities you are searching for in a job performance. Make the employee understand how he may be able to arrive at his goal. Tackle all the details of the job and what you expect from the employee. Guide the employee on his performance.
- Describe the method of evaluation. Inform the employee of your method in evaluating his performance. Will you base the performance on the number of outputs, quality of the output, or the performance itself? Letting the employee know will help him focus on the particular area of his performance.
- Be respectfully truthful. When you’re going to say your feedback to the employee, make sure to do it respectfully. You don’t want to hurt anybody’s feelings. Be sensitive but truthful. Deliver the evaluation result as it is whether it’s good or needs improvement. From this result, you’re helping the employee improve his performance. If you only say positive statements just to please the employee, it will never help the employee. Make a critical feedback and let the employee understand the meaning behind the appraisal result.
- Ask feedback from other people. Ask comments about the employee through his colleagues. This will aid you to have more idea about the person. It can also assist you in knowing the person better. More information means you will have more knowledge.
- Constant communication. Have a constant communication with the employee. Hear him out if he has things to say or convey to you. Listen to what he has to say. Answer when asked by the employee. This is your chance to create a strong working relationship. Assure the employee that he has someone who can guide him to improve and achieve his goals.
- Motivate. Importantly, motivate the employee to do his best. Tell the employee that he has all the ability to improve and progress if he only works for it. If he needs some bits of advice, offer some so he may feel comfortable and at ease. Your position as a supervisor is to help the employee improve and progress his career performance. You are transforming employees into competent and productive individuals who are doing their utmost best for the growth of their career.
Importance of Performance Appraisal
Performance appraisal can help employees improve and progress in their working careers. Employees want growth and stability on their job, thus the process can surely aid in their performance. As supervisors, let your employees understand the benefits of this process because they may think they’re constantly being watched and judged by other people. Communicate with them and explain the method of this performance appraisal. Performance appraisal can bring the tremendous beneficial results to the company since the employees are now equipped with good traits that are needed for a successful company.
Our website is offering varied appraisal forms should you want to have a copy. These forms have different styles to suit your needs. Also, other types of forms are posted on our website so you may have many options to choose from. Most of our forms are in PDF and Doc formats, which are common and are compatible with most office applications. They can be accessed in computers and mobile devices, which is a convenience in this technological age. So what are you waiting for? Browse on through!
8+ Sample Incident Report Forms
22+ Requisition Forms in Excel
14+ Rent Roll Form Templates – PDF, Word
11+ Tenant Information Forms – PDF, Word
7+ Sample Blank Affidavit Forms – PDF
16+ Return to Work Medical Form Templates – PDF, Word
10+ Sample Material Request Forms – PDF, Word
10+ Sample Requisition Forms – PDF, DOC, Pages
9+ Sample Overtime Request Forms – PDF, Word
8+ Trust Amendment Forms – PDF
10+ Sample Temporary Guardianship Forms – PDF
8+ Vehicle Inspection Forms – PDF, Word
8+ Sample Employee Clearance Forms – Word, PDF
8+ Emergency Contact Form Samples, Examples, Templates
8+ Sample Emergency Contact Forms – PDF, DOC