Job appraisals are useful tools to ensuring and managing employee progress and keeping tack of how well or how poorly everyone is performing in the workplace. These are usually conducted by a manager or a supervisor via a one-on-one meeting or through a written evaluation. However, as organizations realize that their biggest assets are their human capital, they have begun to hear the voices of their staff. Thus, a new procedure has been surfacing and is now being practiced in many different corporations: the 360-degree feedback.
Download these 360 Degree Feedback Sample Forms for a visualization of what the process involves.
Sample Team Leader 360 Degree Feedback Form
360 Degree Appraisal Feedback Form
360 Degree Questionnaire Feedback Form
360 Degree Feedback Request Form
360-Degree Performance Appraisal
Also known in industrial psychology as multi-rater feedback, the 360-degree feedback method is a way of evaluating employee performance, which will include feedback from the employee’s subordinates, supervisors, peers, customers, and a self-evaluation by the employee. A 360-degree feedback form is, then, a combination of Customer Feedback Forms or Client Feedback Forms, Self-Evaluation Form, and Job Evaluation Form.
A 360-degree review is used for employees who are in the middle and senior levels of the hierarchy. The results of the appraisal are used by both the employee, for training and development purposes, and by the organization, to facilitate promotions and pay raises.
Who Conducts 360-Degree Performance Appraisals
The people who give feedback in the 360-degree method are
- subordinates, who rate the appraised’s leadership skills or potential;
- peers and colleagues, who rate the appraised’s technical skills;
- supervisors and managers, who rate the appraised’s current performance and their potentials;
- customers and clients, who rate the appraised’s ability to satisfy; and
Employee 360 Degree Feedback Form
360 Degree Feedback Form in PDF
- Gives the subordinates a chance to criticize and/or praise their supervisors
- Produces a more credible appraisal result
- The more people who take part in the appraisal process, the more it would encourage a practice of open communication and honesty in the organization.
- The different perspectives would give a more accurate assessment.
- It is more comprehensive than only getting feedback from a couple of supervisors.
- People who undervalue themselves feel a rush of motivation and a boost in self-confidence upon receiving positive remarks from others.
- It could take a lot of time to administer.
- It is more difficult to analyze the results of the evaluation.
- It is hard to come up with a definite conclusion when reviews are mixed.
- It might stir trouble and tension might rise if what is meant to be a confidential information finds itself disclosed.
- Feedback will be useless if not carefully and smoothly dealt with.
- Jealousy and office rivalry might bias feedback given.
Performance appraisals are tools that measure the performance, efficiency, and skills of an employee. It helps determine training needs and who are those who are deserving of rewards. The opposite of this, where the employee is to evaluate their satisfaction with their jobs and working environment, is called an employee feedback. Check out this Employee Feedback Form for more.
8+ Sample Incident Report Forms
22+ Requisition Forms in Excel
14+ Rent Roll Form Templates – PDF, Word
11+ Tenant Information Forms – PDF, Word
7+ Sample Blank Affidavit Forms – PDF
16+ Return to Work Medical Form Templates – PDF, Word
10+ Sample Material Request Forms – PDF, Word
10+ Sample Requisition Forms – PDF, DOC, Pages
9+ Sample Overtime Request Forms – PDF, Word
8+ Trust Amendment Forms – PDF
10+ Sample Temporary Guardianship Forms – PDF
8+ Vehicle Inspection Forms – PDF, Word
8+ Sample Employee Clearance Forms – Word, PDF
8+ Emergency Contact Form Samples, Examples, Templates
8+ Sample Emergency Contact Forms – PDF, DOC