Meeting all the requirements of nursing school and graduate is a hard task to do. Now that you have done that, an even harder task is waiting for you in the real world. You are now ready to apply for jobs and practice all the things that you were taught in school.
Getting a job without a nursing license yet is a hard thing to do though. Competition is tough and you need to stand out. Your resume is your first weapon in getting that job and our Sample Resumes are a great guide for you in making a resume that grabs attention.
Graduate Nurse Resume Format
Graduate Nurse Resume in PDF
Graduate Nurse Resume Tips
Making a resume now that you have graduated is different from all the resumes you did while at school such as Graduate School Resumes and Nursing Student Resumes. This is now where you really need to put your best foot forward to make yourself get noticed. Below are some tips you need in making a compelling resume.
- Highlight your educational honors. When you are fresh out of college, experience is not that much and so you would need to highlight all the achievements you got while in school.
- Include clinical experience while studying. Your clinical experience when you were a student provides a great way to start your work experience section. Be sure to include details about your clinical rotations in the resume.
- Tweak your resume content to match the job you applied for. Keywords are very important in every resume and so you would need to incorporate them. Action verbs are also effective in showing that you are a doer. Action verbs such as create, collaborate, delegate, and so on are very effective in grabbing the attention of the reader.
- Don’t include personal information. It used to be that information such as age, height, etc., are basic parts but now it is often an invitation for discrimination, so leave them out.
Graduate Registered Nurse Resume Example
Graduate Nurse Resume Format in Word
Experienced Graduate Nurse Resume
What to Include in a New Nurse Resume
You have finally graduated from nursing school. What now? Now, you make your resume to submit to the organizations you are interested to work in. When in doubt of the things that should be included, check out this list of what needs to be there.
- Contact Information – Place your full name in the resume together with your current phone number so the potential employer knows how to contact you. Also include a professional email address.
- Resume Summary – You can include here your years of relevant experience, your working style, and qualifications and characteristics that make you a good fit for the job
- Work Experience – Include your most recent work experience and jobs where you gained some relevant skills to the job you are applying for.
- Skills – When you have tried working with a hospital charting system, make sure to highlight that.
- Education – Your school and degree is placed here. You are a new graduate, so make sure to also include the year you graduated.
A new graduate nursing resume is very different from Registered Nurse Resumes. However, when you are planning to take the state board anytime soon, make sure to let that known in the cover letter. You can use our sample resumes for you to get that job you want.
FREE 8+ Teacher Resume Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 8+ Retail Resume Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 14+ Sample Photographer Resume Templates in PDF | PSD | MS Word
FREE 13+ Sample Designer Resume Templates in PDF | PSD | InDesign
FREE 9+ Sample Sales Resume Templates in PDF | MS Word | PSD | EPS
FREE 6+ Sample Retail Resume Templates in PDF | MS Word | PSD
FREE 7+ Sample Administrative Assistant Resume Templates in PDF | MS Word | PSD
FREE 15+ PSD Resume Templates in PSD
FREE 15+ Coach Resume Samples in MS Word | Pages | PDF
FREE 13+ Sample HR Executive Resume Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 21+ Sample Account Manager Resume Templates in PDF | MS Word | Pages | Photoshop
FREE 10+ Java Developer Resume Templates in MS Word | PDF | Pages
FREE 37+ Executive Resume Designs in MS Word | Pages
FREE 33+ Executive Resume Templates in PDF | MS Word | Pages
FREE 13+ Executive Resume Templates in PDF | MS Word | Pages