A curriculum vitae (CV) is basically similar to that of a resume; however, the key difference between a resume and a curriculum vitae is that a curriculum vitae has a more detailed description of all your skills, abilities, and accomplishments; while a resume is a short summary of all your abilities and qualifications. Creating your own resume using a curriculum vitae is possible; however, you should keep in mind that the resume is usually shorter than the curriculum vitae.
However, the exact format of a resume is far from similar to a curriculum vitae. As stated above, a resume is shorter and has a more formal format compared to a curriculum vitae. This is due to the purpose of a curriculum vitae, which is typically used for applying for jobs in international agencies, academic agencies, and even pharmaceuticals positions.
What to Include in Your Curriculum Vitae
- Just like how you would make a resume, you should indicate your name, age, date of birth, educational attainment, contact details such as email and phone contacts. Add your experiences and skills you learned in school that could qualify you for the job position.
- A curriculum vitae should also contain experiences you gained outside of school, such as working experience. It should also contain the experiences you gained from activities like community services and public service.
- List down everything about yourself. Your background information will be needed to clarify some issues.
The tips for effective resumes can be used for making a curriculum vitae, in the sense the contents of a resume is usually added into the curriculum vitae. Now, unlike a resume, a curriculum vitae is more commonly used in medical job applications. Check out the medical student CV samples to learn more about the use of CVs in the medical fields.
CV and Resume Writing Tips
- When writing a CV or a resume, it’s important to match it up to the job you are applying to; meaning, have the format specified for the job.
- Use some sample CVs and sample resume making it easier for you to make the document.
- Always edit your documents over and over to be sure that it is ready for viewing.
How to Write a Successful CV
One effective way of writing a successful CV would be to use a professional CV samples, where the exact format of the CV will be made for you in advance, and the content should be much easier to add into the outline of the CV. Writing a CV yourself without using a professional CV sample can be done, but it usually takes more time to make, that is why people use a sample or a template when making documents; it saves time in making an actual format of your own.
How to Write a Successful Resume
Everyone likes to use a resume template whenever they need a resume. It saves time and effort in finding out what type of format they will use for the resumes. This will limit their task to just filing in the blanks with what needs to be put there. This not only saves time but saves effort as well when making a resume.
FREE 13+ PSD Resume Templates in PSD
FREE 15+ Banking Resume Samples in MS Word | PSD | AI | Publisher | Pages | Indesign
FREE 15+ Director CV Samples in MS Word | Pages | PSD | Publisher | PDF
FREE 36+ Sample CV Templates in PDF | MS Word | Pages | PSD
FREE 9+ Sample Chronological Resume Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 14+ Sample Civil Engineer Resume Templates in PDF | MS Word | PSD | Indesign | Publisher | Pages
FREE 6+ Sample Chronological Resume Templates in PDF | MS Word | PSD | EPS
FREE 8+ Minimalist Infographic Resume Samples in DOCX | PDF | PSD | AI | Publisher | Pages | Indesign
FREE 20+ Useful Sample Acting Resume Templates in PDF | MS Word | PSD | Publisher | Pages
FREE 9+ Sample Theatre Resume Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 9+ Sample Acting Resume Templates in PDF | MS Word | PSD | Publisher | Pages
FREE 6+ Sample Teacher Resume Templates in PDF | MS Word | PSD
FREE 18+ Modern Resume Samples in PDF | MS Word | Pages
FREE 6+ Chronological Resume Templates in MS Word | PSD | PDF
FREE 8+ Teacher Resume Templates in PDF | MS Word