An invoice is a document used by a business to provide information about the purchase of a client or a customer. A basic invoice contains the details of the items being purchased, the number per item, and the price of each product needed by the client.
More so, it also includes a summary or the entire amount that a client needs to pay to a business in exchange of the product purchased by the client. An invoice number is an important element of every invoice for the purpose of recording and tracking. If you need more information about an auto repair invoice, read below.
Blank Auto Repair Invoice
Auto Repair Invoice in Word
Best Auto Repair Invoice
What Is an Auto Repair Invoice?
An auto repair invoice is an essential document used in every auto repair business. With the growing number of vehicles today, auto repair shops have also become a booming business. Auto repair invoices are documents sent by a vehicle repair company to their clients after a specific car service repair is rendered. It is important for repair companies to provide an invoice to their clients in order to be paid for the services that they have provided. The main function of an auto repair invoice is basically to request for payment. Sample invoices are useful if you want to create a professional invoice for your business.
How to Make an Auto Repair Invoice
These are the necessary steps needed to create a professional auto repair invoice for your business. Blank invoice samples are downloadable to help you start your repair invoice or any type of invoice you may need.
- Write the name of the client, and the details of his or her car such as the model, make, year, type, etc. These are essential information needed in every invoice.
- Specify all the required parts needed in the repair.
- Include the repairs done to the vehicle.
- Write the labor charges, fees, tax, and the total amount due.
Auto Repair Estimate Invoice
Free Auto Repair Invoice
Auto Repair Invoice in PDF
Types of Invoice
Aside from an auto repair invoice, there are also a variety of invoice types such a generic invoice and a consulting invoice. The contents of each invoice depend entirely on how it is used. Here are the most common types of invoices available.
- Pro Forma Invoice – this type of invoice is given to an entity for the purpose of providing an estimate of the costs of goods and services. A pro forma invoice is given before goods are delivered to the client.
- Credit Memo – this type of invoice is useful when a client returns the goods and services to the seller. The seller issues a credit memo to the buyer before the amount is returned.
- Commercial Invoice – this type of invoice is useful in foreign trade specifically for customs declaration. It contains a list of the items and its value.
- Standard Invoice – a standard invoice follows the format of a basic invoice, which can be used for different purposes.
- Utility Invoice – a utility invoice is a type of invoice used in cable, Internet, and electric companies.
- Progress invoice – this type of invoice is used over the span of a particular period such as a construction project. These invoices are sent to request payment in order to finance the construction.
10+ Advance Payment Invoice Templates – PDF
10+ Real Estate Invoice Templates – PDF, Word, Excel
9+ Car Sale Invoice Templates – PDF
9+ Restaurant Invoice Samples & Templates – PDF, Word, Excel
7+ Bookstore Invoice Templates – PDF, Excel
10+ Cleaning Service Invoice Templates – PDF, Word
10+ Gym Invoice Samples & Templates – PDF, Excel
10+ Retail Invoice Samples & Templates – PDF, Word
9+ Equipment Invoice Samples & Templates – PDF, Word, Excel
Pro Forma and Commercial Invoice: A Comparison
34 Printable Service Invoice Templates
10+ Invoice Templates
9+ Self-Employed Invoice Samples & Templates – PDF
10 Purchase Order Invoice Samples & Templates
9+ Vendor Invoice Samples & Templates – PDF