A chart is a graphical representation of a particular data or information and is displayed using a table, a graph, or a diagram. Charts are useful tools in business in order to display trends or compare information. For example, a Gantt chart shows the progress or status of a certain project.
There are many tools that can be used when creating a chart. A chart can be made by hand or with the help of a computer software. Creating a chart in Word is one example. If you are looking for downloadable charts, we have samples available on this page.
Different Types of Bar Charts and Their Uses
- Grouped Bar Chart – a grouped bar chart is a type of chart used to show information about subgroups based on a main category. A horizontal or vertical bar can be used when creating this type of chart and are shaded or colored to differentiate the subgroups.
- Stacked Bar Charts – a stacked bar chart is a type of chart that is similar to a grouped bar chart, which displays information of a certain category’s subgroups. The only difference is that the information on a stacked bar chart is displayed on the same bar.
- Horizontal Bar Charts – a horizontal bar chart is a type of chart that displays information based on the size of a particular category.
When Can a Bar Chart Be Used?
A bar chart is one of the commonly used charts. It can be used for a variety of reasons such as in many aspects of a business. If you want to visually display information or data for people to easily read, a bar chart is essential. Also, behavior charts and compatibility charts are also available should you need that type of chart specifically.
What Is the Difference between a Histogram and a Bar Chart?
- A histogram presents the range of data or the frequency of the details within a singular bar. On the other hand, the bars present in a bar chart signifies individual data that should either be compared or presented for the process in which the tool will be used.
- The size or width of the bars present in a histogram can be different from one another depending on the range they represent. This cannot be done in a bar graph as the width of the bars in the latter tool should be identical to each other.
- The information present within a histogram represented by bars should not be interchanged as their order signifies a particular range. On the other hand, a bar chart’s bars can be in different positions as this tool is only used in data presentation and/or comparison.
How to Make a Bar Chart
Here are the steps in creating a bar chart:
- Gather all the data that you will need to include in your bar chart.
- Create a graph and customize it depending on how data will be displayed.
10+ Remodeling Contract Templates – Pages, Docs
10+ Renovation Contract Templates – Word, Docs
11+ Remodeling Contract Templates – Pages, Docs, Word
11+ Renovation Contract Templates – Docs, Pages, Word
9+ Home Remodeling Contract Templates – Word, Pages, Docs
55+ Basic Contract Templates – Docs, Word, Pages
9+Gym Contract Templates – Pages, Word, Docs
5+ Gym Contract Sample Templates – Word, Pages, Docs
34+ Contract Templates – Docs, Word
14+ Freelance Contract Templates -Docs, Word, Pages
6+ Sample Freelance Contract Templates – Pages, Docs, Word
5+ Videography Contract Templates – Word, Pages, Docs
6+ Freelance Design Contract Templates – Word, Pages, Docs
8+ Freelance Contract Templates -Docs, Word, Pages
13+ Job Contract Templates – Pages, Word, Docs