Papers are documents that a business can use to provide various information about a particular issue or topic. When creating a white paper, it is important to have an appropriate white paper format to ensure that you will have an effective document. There are various types of white papers that can be used by different entities.
A business white paper is one example of a white paper that is used to market and advertise the products and services that a particular business is offering. If you need to create a white paper for your business, you will find samples and templates in this article that you can download.
Army White Paper
Army Ethic Paper
Education White Paper
Technical White Paper Format
Government White Paper
What Is a White Paper in Business?
White papers are essential documents that are used for various purposes and can provide a number of benefits to the business. To help you understand what a white paper is in business, it can be defined as follows:
- A white paper in business is a document that can be used to market the products and services that a particular business can offer to its clients and customers.
- A white paper is a document or a sheet that can be used to identify certain problems and outline a number of solutions in order to solve these problems.
- Through a white paper, businesses and companies will be able to persuade potential customers to buy the products and services that they are offering.
- A white paper is used by businesses to advertise and create a brand that consumers will know about.
- A white paper is created by the business in order to provide a useful document when marketing their products and services to the different markets available.
- Aside from marketing products and services, a white paper in business will also provide support to customers after a purchase of the said products are made.
- A white paper in business will also allow them to create methods and steps to effectively operate the business.
Military White Paper
Military Strategy White Paper
Project White Paper
Academic White Paper
Business White Paper
Business Intelligence White Paper
Business Continuity White Paper
Business Plan White Paper
How to Write a Technical White Paper Template
A technical white paper is one type of white paper that outlines different problems and solutions. To help you write a technical paper, the steps in writing one are as follows:
- To start your technical white paper, it is necessary to understand the format and the contents that a technical white paper should contain to be able to gather the right information and data for your document. You can also use our white papers in PDF as reference when preparing to write one.
- In your document, write a brief introduction or an overview on the topic/s and problems that will be discussed in the technical white paper.
- Write a detailed description of the problems that are needed to be addressed in the document that you are writing on.
- Based on the problems that you have identified, write a list of solutions needed in order to solve the problems, including the methods and steps required to be taken.
What Are the Uses of a White Paper?
A white paper document is used for many reasons, especially in the field of business and technology. The uses of a white paper are as follows:
- In business, a white paper is mainly used to market and sell the different products that a business is offering to their clients or customers.
- It is a useful document in helping customers and prospective customers decide whether to purchase the products and services that a business is selling and marketing.
- A white paper is also used to help a company or organization advertise and build a brand in order to expand their current market.
- A white paper is used to provide a business a new following to maintain the image of the company or business and to help increase its sales.
- In technology, it is a document used to outline different theories as well as problems and its solutions.
White paper templates are available on this page to help you create your document.
Basic White Paper
Corporate White Paper
White Corporate Governance paper
White Corporate Training Paper
Commercial White Paper
Commercial Banking White Paper
Commercial Lending White Paper
Testing White Paper
Executive White Paper
Executive Protection White Paper
Executive Summary White Paper
Industry White Paper
Industry Council White Paper
Defence Industry White Paper
Marketing White Paper
Email Marketing White Paper
Digital Marketing White Paper
What Is the Format of a White Paper?
Here are the steps on how to format your white paper. Also, you can refer to a white paper template to help you.
- Title – when creating a white paper, it is important that you have a catchy and appropriate title for the document that you are creating.
- Executive summary – in order to grab the attention of the reader, it is necessary to write an executive summary or an overview of what your white paper will be about.
- Introduction – in your introduction, write a description of the issue or problem and a short background of the topic.
- Problem definition – Identify and lay out the problem that a product or service and technology will solve in the white paper.
- Solution details – provide a detailed list of the solutions to the given problems and why your product or technology is better than what your competition is offering.
- Business benefits – write how your consumers and potential customers will benefit from the products and services that you are offering.
- Summary – create a summary of the risks that a consumer will face should he/she not purchase your products, service, or technology.
- Call to action – state how a customer or potential customer can purchase the products that you are offering and include free offers, trials, etc.
Policy White Paper
Energy Policy White Paper
Group Policy White Paper
Research White Paper
Clinical Research White Paper
Market Research White Paper
Standard White Paper
Defence White Paper
Defence Acquisition White Paper
Defence Forces White Paper
Energy White Paper
Renewable Energy White Paper
Solar Energy White Paper
Energy Savings White Paper
Guidelines for Writing a White Paper
- Remember to start with a summary when creating your white paper to outline its contents.
- Ensure that the contents that you will be writing in your white paper will grab the attention of the readers.
- Clearly write the details when writing a white paper.
- The format of your white paper is important, that’s why it is necessary that you will have a well-made template when creating your white paper. You can download from our well-crafted sample white papers and templates to ensure that you will have a professional format.
- Always prepare a draft of your white paper before creating the final output to ensure that you will be able to create adjustments and that the contents of your white paper are free from any errors and mistakes.
- Always proofread your all the information and data written in your white paper.
- Incorporate graphics in your white paper to attract potential customers and readers.
17+ Sample Blank Ticket Templates – PSD, AI, Word
17+ Sample Service Level Agreement Templates – PDF, Word, Pages
18+ Service Level Agreement Samples
12+ Sample Security Agreement Templates
13+ Security Agreement Samples
11+ Sample Security Agreements
14+ Funeral Notices
15+ Sample Partnership Agreements
24+ Partnership Agreement Templates
13+ Sample Operating Agreements – PDF, Word
11+ Sample Operating Agreement Templates to Download
16+ Sample Handover Reports
16+ Sample Audit Report Templates
13+ Memorandum of Agreements – PDF, Word
15+ Sample Memorandum of Agreement Templates to Download