Being a web developer these days is a great career since the digital age is booming more than ever and most people gravitate their daily lives on consuming the Internet. The internet has millions of different web pages about everything under the sun and even way beyond space. Since most businesses are now done online, most businesses have a webpage where they can sell their products and services to people. Since they are not necessarily technology wizards, web developers come into the picture to make functional and attractive websites and social networking sites that people can see and enjoy and even persuade them to order those products and services. If you’re a web developer and working with clients, it’s important to present a scope of work to let them know what tasks you’re going to do and how much you’ll charge them for those. Read the article to know how to make a web development scope of work.
10+ Web Development Scope of Work Samples
1. Web Development Scope of Work
2. Web Site Development Scope of Work
3. Web Development Maintenence Scope of Work
4. Web Design Development Scope of Work
5. Web Development Project Scope of Work
6. Website Redesign Development Scope of Work
7. Web Development Services Scope of Work
8. Web Development Contractor Scope of Work
9. Website Development Proposal Scope of Work
10. Website Development System Scope of Work
11. Website Development General Scope of Work
What is Web Development?
Web development is the work involving in developing a website for the Internet. It can range from creating web applications, electronic commerce sites, and social network services.
Details to Include in a Web Development Scope of Work
The deliverables are the expected outcome of your work for the client’s project. Deliverables are tangible products such as reports or services you give to your client. Reports are especially important in web development especially progress reports. These reports serve as updates to your client on whatever tasks your currently working on and what tasks you have already completed.
The timeline serves as the schedule that chronologically shows when the tasks will start and when it will end. Make a timeline of all the work you’re going to do to complete all the deliverables and complete your work in general. The timeline should also have a schedule of the duration of each task and how often you’ll work on those tasks. Make sure to present your full timeline in the scope of work. Use a calendar to aid you in creating the timeline.
3. Duties and Responsibilities
Identify your duties and responsibilities in the project. Be specific in identifying your responsibilities so your client will know all the things you’re doing in developing a webpage. Below are some examples of the main tasks that web developers do that you can put in your scope of work:
- Testing applications for websites
- Presenting design specs to clients
- Working with graphic designers
- Troubleshooting any problems in the website
- Maintaining and updating websites
- Monitoring website traffic
The last section to include in the scope of work and also the most important is the payment details on the scope of work. Here, include the amount of your service fee that you charge your client, the number of tools you will use, and the schedule of the payment due.
What skills are needed for web development?
To be a web developer, one must possess the following to be efficient in this line of work:
- Detail-oriented: A web developer must be focused enough to make sure they aren’t missing key details in ensuring the functionality of a website. This will be helpful for them to know where to look if a problem occurs.
- Multitasking: A web developer must know how to balance handling different projects and tasks without missing any deadlines.
- Highly motivated: Most web developers work solitary and with that, they must make sure to stay focused on their goal to complete their task without getting distracted by anyone.
- Can handle pressure well: Since a web developer works with tight deadlines to design websites. They must remain cool under pressure and never let stress get in the way of them from being productive to helping them finish their tasks on time.
Which tool is best for web development?
There are many different tools that one can use for web development. Some examples of common tools used for web development are CodePen, TypeScript, JQuery, Bootstrap, Visual Studio Code, and Sketch.
What are the different types of web development?
The different types of web development are front-end web development (where it focuses on the appearance, functionality, and theme of the website), back-end web development (where it builds the code to run a website and maintain it to be functional all the time), and full-stack web development ( a more advanced type of web development where it enhances programming languages, troubleshooting, and building websites.
The scope of work is the main key to the success of a project, task, or duty since it makes sure everyone (both you and the client)are on the same page. Before you finalize the scope of work, make sure it is free from grammatical and spelling errors. If everything in the scope of work is written well, make copies for you and your client. To help you get started on making your scope of work, download our free sample templates above.
FREE 9+ Sample IT Project Manager Job Description
FREE 9+ Design Document Samples
FREE 9+ Design Proposal Samples
FREE 8+ Sample Website Development Agreement
FREE 8+ Assistant Engineer Job Description Samples
FREE 8+ Sample Business Development Executive Resume
FREE 8+ Business Agency Agreement Templates
FREE 24+ Advertising and Marketing Agreement Templates
FREE 22+ Advertising and Marketing Agreement Templates
FREE 17+ Sample Software Development Agreement
FREE 11+ Trade Marketing Job Description Samples
FREE 10+ Consultant Job Description Samples
FREE 10+ Marketing Intern Job Description Samples
FREE 7+ Website Project Proposal Samples
FREE 6+ Zoologist Job Description Samples