Design document, as how Wikipedia would define it as, is a written text or an illustration that would go together with a computer software quote. Either way, it should be able to explain how to use the said computer software as well as how to operate it. This could also mean different things to most people having different roles.
As documentation plays an important role in software engineering, design documents would have a variety and a wide array of types of design document as well as explanations on why each of them is important, also defining how type of design document would precisely fit your computer software. Perhaps checking out these Business Document Samples would be useful.
System Design Document Template
Sample Software Design Document Template
Design Specification Document Example
Technical Design Document Format
Sample Design Control Document in PDF
Printable Low Level Design Document Template
System Design Document Example
Different Types of Design Document
You can also check out these Requirements Document Samples as well as these Sample Tender Documents that can be useful as well as it can be helpful with regards to the subject matter.
Aside from that, you might also want to check out the different types of design documents together with its definition as well as its explanation so that you can be able to see and check if it would exactly suit the computer software that is attached to it or the computer software that you are using.
- Walk-through’s, Guides, “How to’s,” or Quick Start Guides – this particular part of the documentation plan is where you should be able to articulate and provide a step-by-step guide on how to operate the computer software that is being documented and how to accomplish something with it. Even the most computer illiterate would be able to follow the given instructions when done right, especially when they tend to be the most common audience when it comes to this type of design document, although everyone is included.
- Troubleshooting Documentation – this type of design document entails information on log files, information on the background processes to which the computer software is doing, file or data interaction and the like since the purpose statement of this type of design document is to clearly state the steps on how to diagnose the problems.
Standard Functional Design Document Template
Basic Game Design Document in Word
Sample Solution Design Document Template
Project Design Document Template
- Knowledge-based (Problem, Cause, Resolution) – this type of design document is probably one of the most defined scope of the documentation. It sample lists a certain problem, the particular cause of the problem, and the single solution to that specific problem, hence its is problem, cause, and resolution.
- Code, API, or SDK Documentation – this type of design document would simply indicate and identify how other people use your code and libraries so that they can be able to write add-ons, integration, plugins, and in most cases, modify the sample application through the code.
- Real Life Customer Implementations – this particular part of the design document is highlighting the success stories of the customers as well as how they were able to implement the software in their environment or on their lives.
- Marketing Documentation – this part of the design document lets everyone know about the existing computer software so that they may also use it.
Furthermore, you can also check out Business Requirements Documents that you may be find useful as well as relevant.
FREE 9+ Sample Operations Manual Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 8+ Sample Project Closeout in PDF | MS Word
FREE 12+ Number Chart Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 6+ Sample Book Summary Templates in PDF
FREE 12+ Sample Assessment Plan Templates in PDF
FREE 10+ Scope of Work for Security Services Samples in PDF | DOC
FREE 34+ Daily Log Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 3+ Affidavit of Adverse Claim Samples in PDF | DOC
FREE 14+ Sample Madeline Hunter Lesson Plan Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 16+ Sample Team Charter in PDF | MS Word
FREE 8+ IT Inventory Templates in PDF | Excel
FREE 23+ Sample Profit and Loss Templates in Google Docs | Excel | Apple Numbers | PDF | MS Word
FREE 14+ Sample Kindergarten Lesson Plan Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 11+ Business Requirements Document Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 15+ Restaurant Inventory Samples in PDF