Design document, as how Wikipedia would define it as, is a written text or an illustration that would go together with a computer software. Either way, it should be able to explain how to use the said computer software as well as how to operate it. This could also mean different things to most people having different roles.
As documentation plays an important role in software engineering, design documents would have a variety and a wide array of types of design document as well as explanations on why each of them is important, also defining how type of design document would precisely fit your computer software. Perhaps checking out these Business Document Samples would be useful.
Sample Software Design Document
Design Specification Document Example
Technical Design Document Format
Design Control Document in PDF
Printable Low Level Design Document
System Design Document Example
Different Types of Design Document
Aside from that, you might also want to check out the different types of design documents together with its definition as well as its explanation so that you can be able to see and check if it would exactly suit the computer software that is attached to it or the computer software that you are using.
- Walk-through’s, Guides, “How to’s,” or Quick Start Guides – this particular part of the documentation is where you should be able to articulate and provide a step-by-step guide on how to operate the computer software that is being documented and how to accomplish something with it. Even the most computer illiterate would be able to follow the given instructions when done right, especially when they tend to be the most common audience when it comes to this type of design document, although everyone is included.
- Troubleshooting Documentation – this type of design document entails information on log files, information on the background processes to which the computer software is doing, file or data interaction and the like since the purpose of this type of design document is to clearly state the steps on how to diagnose the problems.
Standard Functional Design Document
Basic Game Design Document in Word
Free Sample Solution Design Document
Project Design Document to Download
- Knowledge-based (Problem, Cause, Resolution) – this type of design document is probably one of the most defined scope of the documentation. It lists a certain problem, the particular cause of the problem, and the single solution to that specific problem, hence its is problem, cause, and resolution.
- Code, API, or SDK Documentation – this type of design document would simply indicate and identify how other people use your code and libraries so that they can be able to write add-ons, integration, plugins, and in most cases, modify the application through the code.
- Real Life Customer Implementations – this particular part of the design document is highlighting the success stories of the customers as well as how they were able to implement the software in their environment or on their lives.
- Marketing Documentation – this part of the design document lets everyone know about the existing computer software so that they may also use it.
Furthermore, you can also check out Business Requirements Documents that you may be find useful as well as relevant.
6+ Job Satisfaction Survey Templates to Download
10+ Sample Financial Statements – PDF, DOC
10+ Financial Statement Samples
52+ Quotation Templates – DOC, PDF, Excel
12+ Expense Statement Templates to Download
11+ Sample Profit and Loss Statements
13+ Sample Profit and Loss Statements
11+ Sample Franchise Agreements
15+ Conformity Certificate Templates to Download
13+ Certificate of Compliance Samples
10+ Stock Purchase Agreement Templates to Download
7+ Stock Purchase Agreement Samples
7+ Sample Stock Purchase Agreement Templates to Download
8+ Stock Purchase Agreement Templates – Samples, Examples & Formats
11+ Stock Purchase Agreement Templates