One of the hardest tasks when attending university is convincing others of your writing skills and producing convincing and logical arguments on the topic you are researching or studying. Convincing is a form of persuasive writing or also called academic writing which follows a foreseeable format in writing. You include your point of view in a single sentence which is called the thesis statement. This is commonly used for essay writing and takes many forms such as argumentative thesis statement, expository thesis statement, analytical thesis statement, informative thesis statement, and more.
50+ Thesis Statement Samples
1. Thesis Statement Facts
2. Informative Argument Thesis Statement
3. Analytical Research Thesis Statement
4. Informative Speech Brief Thesis Statement
5. Compare and Contrast Topic Thesis Statement
6. Strong Thesis Statement
7. Informative Essay Thesis Statement
8. Essay Analytical Thesis Statement
9. Informative Speech Grading Thesis Statement
10. Compare Contrast Essay Thesis Statement
11. Working Thesis Statement
12. Compare and Contrast Developing Thesis Statement
13. Informative Speech Formal Thesis Statement
14. Workshop Analytical Thesis Statement
15. Informative Process Thesis Statement
16. Thesis Statement Development
17. Literary Compare and Contrast Thesis Statement
18. Informative Speech Outline Thesis Statement
19. Textual Analysis Essay Thesis Statement
20. Informative Evaluation Thesis Statement
21. Writing Thesis Statement
22. Good Informative Thesis Statement
23. Analytical Paper Thesis Statement
24. Informative Speech Rehearsal Thesis Statement
25. Compare and Contrast Paragraph Thesis Statement
26. Student Thesis Statement
27. Informative Development Formula Thesis Statement
28. Analytical Explanatory Thesis Statement
29. Informative Speech Thesis Statement Format
30. Compare and Contrast Journal Thesis Statement
31. Informative Expository Thesis Statement
32. Literary Analysis Thesis Statement
33. Student Informative Speech Thesis Statement
34. Compare Contrast Sentence Thesis Statement
35. Constructing Thesis Statement
36. Informative Speech Thesis Statement
37. Rhetorical Analysis Thesis Statement
38. Informative Speech Preparation Thesis Statement
39. Explanatory Compare and Contrast Thesis Statement
40. Thesis Statement Example
41. Informative Explanatory Thesis Statement
42. Critical Analytical Thesis Statement
43. Informative Speech Topic Thesis Statement
44. Compare and Contrast Outline Thesis Statement
45. Book Thesis Statement
46. Analytical Crafting Thesis Statement
47. Informative Argumentative Speech Thesis Statement
48. Compare and Contrast Thesis Argument Statement
49. Essay Planning Thesis Statement
50. Standard Thesis Statement
51. Placement Thesis Statement
What is a Thesis Statement?
A thesis statement is a part of an essay outline that contains the main point of your paper as well as provides the topic and purpose of your essay. It is stated in the opening paragraphs of your essay which can be located in the last sentence of the introductory paragraph. It is usually written in a single sentence for more complex topics, thesis statements are more effective when broken down into two sentences.
How to Write a Thesis Statement?
A thesis statement is a sentence that clearly states and identifies the topic and point of view that an essay is discussing. An effective thesis statement is also written for a specific target audience. It is located in the first paragraph of the essay at the end of your introduction which is used to drive interest in the topic and persuade the reader to continue reading.
Step 1: Think of an Initial Thesis
The first step in writing a thesis statement is coming up with an initial thesis or also called a working thesis as early as possible in your writing process. Once you have chosen an essay topic, provide a clear thesis that will provide you with a direction and structure for your essay.
Step 2: Provide an Initial Answer
After conducting your initial research, you can now construct an initial answer to the question you have come up with in the first step. The answer can be simple and must provide guidance on your research and writing process.
Step 3: Support your Answer
Support your answer by providing more information on why you came up with these results and how you will be able to persuade your readers to agree with your answers. As you do more research about your topic, you can provide more detailed information to support your answers.
Step 4: Reread and Edit your Thesis Statement
A strong thesis statement tells the readers why you hold your current position, what they will be able to learn from your essay outline, and the key points of your research. Your thesis statement should not only express your position but must also provide a summary of your overall argument.
What are the types of thesis statements?
The type of thesis statement depends on the type of essay format you are writing. This can be an argumentative essay that aims to convince the audience with evidence and logic or an expository essay that provides the author’s central point or idea and mentions the key elements they are explaining.
Why is the importance of writing a thesis statement?
What are the tips when writing a thesis statement?
When writing a thesis statement, make sure that you are knowledgeable about your topic and its limitations. You can brainstorm ideas if you find yourself having trouble starting your paper and write down every idea that comes to mind.
A thesis statement is a part of an essay that states its key ideas and provides direction for its writing process. This statement reflects the opinion and judgment that the writer came up with after reading and researching a certain topic. A thesis statement differs depending on the type of essay outline you are producing but it always provides a clear statement of the main idea that the author wants to convey to its readers.
FREE 9+ Argumentative Essay Samples in PDF MS Word
FREE 6+ Reflective Teaching Statement Samples in PDF DOC
FREE 15+ Argumentative Essay Samples in PDF MS Word
FREE 10+ Marketing Problem Statement Samples [ Strategy, Digital ...
FREE How to Write a A+ Research Paper? [ Steps & Guidelines ]
FREE 9+ Argumentative Essay Samples in PDF
FREE 7+ Analysis Essay Examples in PDF MS Word
FREE 10+ Argumentative Essay Outline Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ Thesis Research Proposal Samples [ Masters, Doctoral ...
FREE 9+ Statement of Purpose Templates in PDF MS Word
FREE 10+ Research Proposal Problem Statement Samples in PDF ...
FREE 10+ Dissertation Problem Statement Samples in PDF DOC
FREE 10+ Bachelor Thesis Proposal Samples in PDF DOC
FREE 10+ Sample Confidentiality Statement Templates in PDF MS ...
FREE 7+ Research Mission Statement Samples [ Clinical, Cancer ...