In writing your resume, you want to make sure that you are able to catch the recruiter’s attention when he or she reads the first few parts of your application. You need to ensure that you are able to highlight your strengths and best qualifications relevant to the job position you are applying for. You can do so by putting a career summary as the very first section of your resume.
The summary is the part of the resume that will showcase all the important details of your goals for when you start working with the company. Although writing one may seem like a very daunting task, we have eight sample presented below that can help you out in writing your Resume Career Objectives.
Resume Career Summary Example
Career Summary Sheet Sample
Customer Service Job Description Career Summary
Career Objective Summary
Who Should Make Use of a Career Summary?
- Professionals with experience.
If you are a professional with experience in a specific field or in various fields, a career summary will highlight all of the skills you have acquired. You can incorporate what you have learned from previous jobs to the current position you are applying for.
- A job applicant who is planning on shifting careers.
In cases where you are planning to change careers or shift to another industry, your transferable skills can be highlighted in your career summary.
- An applicant who is a fresh graduate or lack relevant work experience.
You can customize your resume accordingly with the position you are applying for by emphasizing the skills and qualities that you have that you think will be a good contribution to the overall welfare of the company.
- A job applicant who has career gaps.
Being unemployed for a long time can make it hard for you to get a new job. If you fit this description, you can emphasize your strengths and that you are still a worthy candidate for getting the position.
Basically, anyone can use a career summary. You just need to think of how you will tweak and customize your career summary to make it appropriate for the position you applied for.
You may also be interested in checking out our Career Plans article.
Business Analyst Career Summary
Career Change Summary Sample
Career Executive Summary Word
Nurse Career Summary
Manager Career Summary
How to Write a Good Career Summary
- You have to know what you want to achieve and what your goals are. When you do figure out your goals for your future career, do incorporate it with the current skills and qualifications that you have.
- Are you in line with the company’s way of thinking? You have to speak the language of your target company. Take into consideration their vision and how this can be related to your strong points.
- Take a look at what the company goals and targets are and how you would fit in with what they are looking for. Strongly emphasize that your skills and qualifications make you a worthy candidate that can perform excellently should you be chosen for the role.
An excellently written career summary can make your current resume striking and stand out from the other applicants who may have the same qualifications as you. It will be the part of your resume where you will market yourself as a good candidate for the position presented.
The career summary objectives in this article will serve as a great guide for when you want to give your resume a makeover. These are downloadable in PDF format and can be saved on your devices easily. Do not hesitate to click on the Download button!
You may also be interested in Career Assessment Sample.
20+ Sample Marketing Agreement Templates to Download
13+ Sample Partnership Agreements
11+ Service Agreement Templates
13+ Sample Service Agreements
14+ Sponsorship Agreement Samples
10+ Sample Non Disclosure Agreements
10+ Sample Marketing Agreements
21 + Sample Independent Contractor Agreements
23+ Partnership Agreement Templates
12+ Sample Business Partnership Agreement Templates to Download
10+ Sample Business Partnership Agreements
18+ Financial Proposal Templates
21+ Sample Marketing Proposal Templates
17+ Subscription Agreement Samples
28+ Sample Event Proposal Templates – PSD, PDF, Word