Whatever task you may be making, it is best that you format it properly. For instance, when you are writing a task list for a corporate project plan, you have to incorporate categories and items in your task list that are not present in the more basic types of task lists.
For your convenience, we are providing you with a variety of task list templates that you may download easily. Moreover, our website is also a treasure trove of different types of useful task lists such as the school project task list, to-do list templates, and much more.
Project Task Lists
Simple Project Task List
Agency Project Task List
Task List for Project Example
Free Project Task List
What Is a Task List?
A task list is a document that contains enumerations of specific actions that must be performed at a specific time. Other relevant details that accompany the carrying out of each action can also be included in a task list.
Who Can Benefit from a Task List?
There are several entities that can benefit greatly from the effective utilization of task lists. The following are the most common entities that can benefit the most from using task lists:
- The operations manager of any large company can benefit the most from creating task lists. This can help them in mapping out the tasks to be given the different departments in their company. They can easily see the progress of each department when referring to this list. Moreover, an operations manager would then find it easier to supervise his/her subordinates in a time-effective manner.
- Task lists are effective tools for regular employees to avoid getting overwhelmed with the barrage of tasks that flood them on a daily basis. Being able to manage their time per task can result to greater productivity.
- A task list is also useful to students who are studying for their major exams while fulfilling the rest of their academic requirements.
- A task list is the handiest tool used by project managers as this can help them execute all the necessary steps indicated in their project plan. Not only that, when they are following a task list, it prevents the occurrence of the unnecessary utilization of resources. Thus, a project manager would not only be able to deliver the project’s results on time but also stay on budget in the process of its implementation.
To gauge whether or not you can benefit from the utilization of task lists, you may refer to our collections of list samples in pdf, to-do list templates, and best list samples.
Critical Task Lists
Sample Critical Task List
Daily Task Lists
Daily Task List for Maintenance
Volunteer Daily Task list
Office Task Lists
Office Assistant Task List
Printable Task List for Office
How to Write a Task List
Do you need any help in creating an effective task list? Whether you are about to create a weekly task list, critical task list, or an employee task list, you must ensure that the task list you are making would aid you in executing your tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
The following are some basic guidelines that can show you how to write an effective task list:
- Identify the main goals that have goaded you into making a task list.
- Write down these goals and create sub-goals out of each of these goals.
- Envision the possible actions you can perform in order to complete each goal or objective.
- As you envision the step-by-step process of accomplishing your tasks, determine what other sub-tasks you need to perform in order to complete each task.
- List down the items of materials you need for each task.
- Other individuals who must be engaged in the completion of your tasks must also be indicated.
- Decide on a realistic and feasible deadline for each specific task.
If you want to know more about the variations of task lists, you can check out our website’s collections of task list sample templates and free task list templates.
Weekly Task Lists
Weekly Task List Example
Blank Weekly Task List
Business Task Lists
Business Task Sample List
Employee Task List
Sample Employee Exit Task List
Importance of a Task List
Using a task list in your daily affairs is a proven and tested way of ensuring that you stay on track with your goals and budget. Below are some of the key advantages of using a task list.
- A task list motivates you to complete all the items on your list due to momentum. You can usually feel a rapidly accelerating rush of momentum after completing a number of tasks on or before the time you have allotted for it. Just like what they said, once you gain momentum, there is no stopping you from achieving whatever you have set out to do.
- Studies show that if you write down your tasks, it can help your brain remember the task a bit more easily as compared to when you are merely memorizing all your tasks in your mind. This is so because the kinesthetic act of writing a task makes you form neural connections that lead to the transfer of one block of information from your short-term memory to the long-term memory. In a way, you are able to do away with having to constantly remind yourself of the task since your brain is doing the autonomous function of retaining it.
- A task list enables you to approach a specific goal in an organized, time-aware, and efficient manner.
- When you are ticking off items from a task list, you would be filled with a sense of accomplishment. Hence, you would become more motivated to complete the rest of the items on your task list.
For more task list references, browse our website for task list samples in word and printable list templates.
Event Task List
Free Sample Event Task List
Task List for Event Example
Adult Event Task Sample List
Event Conference Task List
Volunteer Task List
Sample Volunteer Task List
Service Task List
Community Service Task List
Fee for Service Task List
Home Based Service Task List
Monthly Task List
Printable Monthly Task List
Program Task Sample List
Evaluation Task List
Task List for Product Evaluation
Additional Tips in Using Task List
- If your tasks are intricate and involves the usage of materials, manpower, and venues, it is best that you organize your task list by placing columns and rows with designated titles.
- Create your own layout for your task list. Each task list is different from any other as it must be tailored to fit its objective or purpose as well as the preferences of the person using it. To obtain ideas on how to format your task list, you may check out our website’s collections of free list samples. In line with this, we also have project task list templates.
13 Food List Sample – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
8 Service List Sample – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
33 Free List Samples
20 Price List Samples in PDF
10 Equipment List Sample – Examples in Word, PDF
9 Product List Template – Examples in Word, PDF
10 Vendor List Templates – Examples in Word, PDF
14 Monthly List Sample – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
33+ Sample Amazing Movie Ticket Templates – PSD, AI, Word
33+ Printable Ticket Templates – PSD, AI, Word
38+ Sample Amazing Event Ticket Templates – PSD, AI, Word
12+ Vehicle Lease Agreement Templates to Download
14+ Vehicle Lease Agreement Templates – Samples, Examples & Format
7+ Sample Vehicle Lease Agreement Templates – Samples, Examples & Format
15+ Boarding Pass Samples – PDF , PSD , Vector, AI, Word