As a business owner, you must be aware of the necessity of taking up an active approach in magnetizing more customers and clients for your business. One of the best ways to gain more customers is by sending quotation proposals to your potential clients. Indeed, a quotation proposal is akin to a foot-in-the-door maneuver. A well-constructed quotation holds the power to gain new clients.
To know more about the various quotation uses, check out the informative quotation templates on our website. These templates can guide you regarding the proper way of creating quotations.
Formal Quotation Template
Company Quotation Format Template
Business Quotation Format Template
What Is a Quotation?
Quotations are usually prepared by businesses to cater to prospective clients who have the need to purchase items or avail of services in bulk.
Basically, a quotation is a document that contains a specific listing of items that a prospective client may need. These items are then priced, and if allowable, certain discount prices are also offered for specific items when availed at a certain quantity. Other terms of a sale or a business transaction are also manifested in a quotation depending on the circumstantial needs of the prospective customer. Terms such as payment method, delivery method, and taxable items. To know more about quotations, refer to our quotation samples.
What Are the Significant Inclusions of a Quotation?
The contents of your quotation proposal can vary depending on the nature of your business and the perceived need of your prospective client. There are, however, some parts that are considered as essential. Those are the following:
- The label of the document that states, “Quotation Proposal”
- The letterhead of the company preparing the quotation
- The name, address, and contact detail of the client
- The description of the project or the need that gave rise to the creation of the quotation
- The listing of the items of products or services offered
- The corresponding prices of the items offered
- The payment method available for the client should they decide to acquiesce to the prices and terms set out in the quotation
- The date when the quotation proposal ceases to be valid
- Other pertinent details
- Signature of the person preparing the quotation
For more reference, check out our quotation samples in PDF.
Guidelines for Appropriate Uses of Quotations
Below is an outline of rules that you can follow in order to ensure the effective usage of job quotations:
- Observe the proper format of standard quotations. A properly formatted quotation manifests the level of professionality and the standards you uphold in your company. For reference, you can pattern your quotation according to our website’s quotation formats in PDF templates.
- Conduct a research on your prospective client and try to gauge the scope of their needs.
- Be specific in the pricings that you offer. Do not write a range for the prices as you are making a quotation and not an informal estimate.
- Send your quotation as soon as you possibly can.
- Always be clear regarding the period of validity for the quotation you made.
10+ Event Quotations – Free Downloadable Samples, Examples, and Formats
12+ Purchase Quotation Samples
12+ Purchase Quotations – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
12+ Business Quotations – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
8+ Consultant Quotations – Examples in Word, PDF
11+ Software Quotation Samples – PDF, Word
13+ Project Quotation Samples & Templates
10+ Company Quotation Samples & Templates
15+ Service Quotation Samples – AI, PSD, Google Docs
19+ Service Quotation Samples and Templates – PDF, Word
10+ Sales Quotation Samples
9+ Sales Quotation Samples
13+ Sales Quotation Samples & Templates
6+ Sales Quotation Samples & Templates
12+ Price Quotation Samples