What is a quotation? A quotation, as defined by the dictionary, “is a formal statement setting out the estimated cost for a particular job or service.” A quotation is especially important for freelance workers such as artists, graphic designers, interior designers, and Web designers. This is an essential document when doing a project.
These quotations are sent out to a client, which contains a list of prices and the total cost of a particular project. Through this, clients will be able to decide if they want you to design the project that they need. If you need a template to help you quote your client, you can download our samples below.
Interior Design Quotation Template
Website Design Quotation
Interior Design Quotation
Graphic Design Quotation
Design Service Quotation
Brochure Design Quotation
How to Write a Design Quotation
Here are the steps on how to write a design quotation for your business.
- When writing your design quotation, use a formal type of format. You can use our quotation samples in PDF to help you format your document.
- Write the name of your business, address, and contact number. If you have a logo, include it in your quotation.
- Add a label to indicate the type of document that you are making such as the word Quote.
- Also write the name, address, and contract number of your client.
- Indicate the time frame of the project.
- Write a price list of the materials, labor cost, services, etc. This will help you get the price quotation for the project that you are proposing to your client.
- In order to determine your profit for the quotation, calculate based on a percentage of the total project cost.
- Outline the steps for that particular project and include the cost of each. This will provide transparency to your clients allowing them to understand the charges made.
- Write the total cost of your design quotation.
- Indicate how long the quotation is valid. This is necessary especially since prices constantly change.
- Lastly, sign your design quotation.
Coffee Table Book Design
Web Design Quotation
Landscape Design Request Quotation
Design Quote Invitation
Tips in Writing a Quotation
- Study the project details – as a designer, it is important to know the details of the project that you are potentially going to work on. This will allow you to know if you are capable of doing the project.
- Discover the client’s budget – knowing your client’s budget is also necessary in order for you to know how much to charge them. If a client pays you lower than what you normally charge, this way you can refuse to do the project.
- Set your rates – if you are a freelance designer, it is important to set rates for your services. Having set rates for the various services that you provide will make it easier for you to charge your clients.
- Know your competitors – research about the services that your competitors offer. Through this, you will be able to improve your services while having the same rate but with a higher quality.
- Be professional – when communicating with your clients, it is important to always be professional.
- Be transparent – when dealing with your clients, be transparent by providing them with as much details about the project.
FREE 19+ Service Quotation Samples and Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 11+ Construction Quotations in PDF | MS Word | Pages
FREE 14+ Quotation Samples for Construction in MS Word | PDF
FREE 12+ Quotation Proposal Samples in MS Word | PDF | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 13+ Website Quotation Samples in PDF | MS Word | Pages
FREE 10+ Sample Proposal Quotation Templates in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 33+ Quotation Formats & Samples in PDF
FREE 45+ Quotation Samples in PDF
FREE 13+ Sales Quotation Samples & Templates in MS Word | PDF | Excel
FREE 16+ Price Quotation Samples & Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 6+ Sales Quotations Samples & Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 9+ Business Quotation Samples in PDF
FREE 9+ Service Quotation Samples in PDF
FREE Ideas about Quotation Format [ With Samples ]
FREE How to Create a Quotation Templates in Google Docs | MS Word | Pages