For students, writing a research proposal has become one of the fundamental piece of information work that requires a lot of planning, investigation, thorough research, research questions, and resources. A research proposal is basically a guide that creates a path towards a research project. It is a process that helps in presenting theoretical frameworks and concepts that offers a great overview of the student’s experiences both in social and academic aspect. There are some proposals to which students would conduct in order to convince the target audience to be familiarized with the significance of a specific problem intended for an investigation. Undergraduate students use these information for planning and for writing a particular university project. This would include laying out of the rationale, methods used, and the significance of the project.
10+ Undergraduate Research Proposal Samples
Having a research proposal would help you be persuaded about its significance. It is not just a simple study because students use much of their time, effort, and money just to prepare the necessary resources and read reliable sources of information to be able to present a research question or a research problem. There are two points that can be helpful in trying to figure out the purpose of the research. First is to identify the main problem, listing credible sources, and writing a plan in order to have an excellent conclusion. Second is to prepare the needed information that would be essential for your target audience.
1. Undergraduate Research Proposal
2. Undergraduate Student Research Proposal
3. Undergraduate Research Assessment Proposal
4. Undergraduate Research Project Proposal
5. Sample Undergraduate Research Proposal
6. Undergraduate Faculty Research Proposal
7. Undergraduate Research Proposal Cover Sheet
8. Undergraduate Research Grant Program Proposal
9. Anthropology Undergraduate Research Proposal
10. Undergraduate Research Fund Proposal
11. Undergraduate Research Grant Proposal
Content of an Undergraduate Research Proposal
Your research proposal should be able to include the following:
- Title – your title should be able to provide a clear indication about your research approach.
- Background and rationale – this should include the background or the issues involved in your research, the discipline, a short literature review, and a summary of the key debates and essential developments related in the field.
- Research question – this must be formulated clearly and concisely and must provide an explanation as to what particular issue needs to be explored and why is it worth the effort to explore such.
- Research methodology – in this section, you should be able to provide an outline of the theoretical resources, theoretical framework, research methodologies, and a discussion with regards to the advantages and the limitations of your approach and methods.
- Plan of work and time schedule – you should be able to include an outline of the stages and timelines that are needed for the development and implementation of your research including the process you undergo in writing your thesis. Usually, you will undergo two timelines: full-time study or part-time study. For full-time study, your research should be completed within three years with a write up in the fourth year of its registration. For part-time study, your research must be completed within six years with a write up in eighth year of its registration.
- Bibliography – this also serves as your reference. In this section, you should include the a reference list to the key texts or articles you have used in your research proposal and the selection of the sources needed for the research proposal.
What are the two kinds of research proposal?
It is the solicited and unsolicited research proposal.
What are the two major components of a research proposal budget?
It is the direct cost that is composed of personnel salary, fringe benefits, materials and supplies, major instrumentation, travel costs, and subcontractor costs and the indirect cost which are composed of facilities and administrative costs incurred by the institution.
Why do research proposals get rejected?
It may be due to missing the deadline, poor choice of topic, and overlooking or miscomprehension of the instructions.
If you want to see more samples and format, check out some undergraduate research proposal samples and templates provided in the article for your reference.
FREE 10+ Educational Impact Statement Samples
FREE 10+ Compliance Policy Statement Samples
FREE 10+ Product Compliance Statement Samples
FREE 10+ Technical Compliance Statement Samples
FREE 10+ Racial Impact Statement Samples
FREE 9+ Sample Research Proposals
FREE 5+ Employee Impact Statement Samples
FREE 13+ Academic Proposal Templates
FREE 10+ Quality Management Statement Samples
FREE 10+ Research Implementation Plan Samples
FREE 10+ Science Research Report Samples
FREE 10+ Sample Letter of Intent For University
FREE 10+ Community Impact Statement Samples
FREE 10+ Dissertation Evaluation Samples
FREE 10+ Sample Letter of Intent For University