Being a teacher is a very noble career. Teachers share their knowledge and experiences to their students, despite the low compensation, since they wish to bring a great change to the future generation. Before a teacher can teach, they are required to prepare a lesson plan.
Similar to a business plan containing a marketing strategy, a lesson plan has all the planned activities and subjects to discuss in a day. A lesson plan helps teachers be guided with the proper flow of discussion in a class. This is how essential a lesson plan is to all teachers.
What Is the Objective of a Lesson Plan?
A lesson plan is created before the teaching proper to help teachers identify the subjects they’re going to tackle on a given day. The plan contains the activities, schedule, teaching techniques, and types of exams to be conducted. It’s challenging to teach students without a proper outline of the subjects to be discussed. Thus, teachers need a lesson plan to guide them in the preparation, planning, and organization of their lessons.
How to Write a Lesson Plan
- Lesson Plan Format. Every lesson plan differs in their format. Identify the right format for your lesson plan. This depends on your preference and the style.
- Sample Plan Templates. Select a template that suits your assigned subject and complements on your chosen format. An example of lesson plan template is a plan template in PDF.
- Objective. What’s your aim in writing your lesson plan? Be detailed in presenting the goals you want to achieve. For instance, on this particular day, your aim is to let your student learn new information about the galaxy.
- Schedule and Activities. Prepare a schedule together with the activities you aspire to accomplish. Let’s say, from 1:30– 2:30 p.m., you’re going to have a group activity for your class. Make sure to stick with your schedule.
What to Consider When Writing a Lesson Plan
When writing a lesson plan, you must consider your objective and timeline. Your objective is your motivator to accomplish what you’ve written in your lesson plan. Moreover, you should follow your timeline since you want to achieve as many activities as you can. Be sure that you can achieve the aims of your lesson plan. Your students are relying on you. This may be a huge responsibility to take, but this will have a positive outcome, in the long run.
Tips for Writing Lesson Plans
- Plan Templates. Choose the suitable template for your lesson plan. Your template will bring out an organized and formal look on your lesson plan. Another form of a template is a plan template in PDF.
- Lesson Plan Outline. Before writing your lesson plan, it’s good to have an outline of the vital contents you want to include. This is to avoid mistakes and helps you maintain a neat lesson plan.
- Organize. Arrange the contents of your lesson plan. An orderly plan will give you an easier time to monitor the succeeding activities you planned.
- Be Specific. Specify clearly the details needed in your lesson plan, such as the schedule, objectives, learning activities, teaching techniques, and assessments.
FREE 13+ Remediation Plan Samples in Google Docs | MS Word | Pages | PDF
FREE 11+ Mortgage Broker Business Plan Samples in Google Docs | MS Word | Pages | PDF
FREE 10+ Hospital Strategic Plan Samples in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | PDF
FREE 10+ Marketing Consulting Business Plan Samples in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | PDF
FREE 10+ One Page Strategic Plan Samples in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | PDF
FREE 10+ Sales Territory Plan Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | PDF
FREE 10+ 30-60-90 Sales Plan Samples in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | PDF
FREE 10+ E-commerce Marketing Plan Samples in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | PDF
FREE 7+ 30 60 90 Day Business Plan Samples in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | PDF
FREE 10+ Project Communication Plan Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | PDF
FREE 10+ Food Catering Business Plan Samples in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | PDF
FREE 10+ Art Gallery Business Plan Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | PDF
FREE 10+ Nonprofit Strategic Plan Samples in Word | Docs | Pages | PDF
FREE 10+ HR Consulting Business Plan Samples in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | PDF
FREE 10+ Behavior Modification Plan Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | PDF