A Log Sheet is a useful tool used for time management and time keeping. It allows a person to keep track of the frequency of a person’s interval of attendance and amount of time spent on an activity. It is more commonly used to log the transportation of goods from one area to another area. It can help prevent the error of transporting too much or too little materials from one area to another and can help in preventing excessive cost due to miscounting of materials.
As you continue reading this article you will be able to take note of the importance of daily log use within a company or business and the necessity of keeping track of where and when all your company’s resource is going. However, a log sheet is not limited to business usage, it can be used to keep track other activities as well. The more you read it here, the more you will understand how important it is to keep track of your time, and the time of others as well.
How to Create a Log Template in Excel?
Now, there are two known types of log template, log template word and log template Excel, but for now we are going to discuss how to make one on Excel. Making one on excel is a much simpler task compared to making it on word since Excel already has the tables literally built into it where all you need to do is:
- Input Variables or Contents. It is basically the content or what you would like to take a log of. For example, let us use the medication log above as a reference. The content for a medical log would be medication, dosage, frequency, and time.
What Is a Daily Activity Log?
A daily activity log is a useful tool that helps you catalog and keeps track of your daily routines. There are variations of this type of log. To list a few, they are:
- Workout logs
- Food consumption logs
- Mileage logs
Basically, anything a person will do in their daily routine can be made into a daily activity log. As stated earlier, the two known types of log template, log template word and log template Excel, personally I find it much easier to use the Excel version of logging due to its convenient spreadsheet design.
Food Log Templates
Weekly Food Log
Hourly Activity Log
Benefits of a Log Template
- Easier Time Management. This is so because having a log template would allow you to keep track of your daily routine or the daily routine of others. You can manage what time you will do something and what time it should be done. It also allows easier cataloging of events.
- Less Stress. Time management nowadays seems interchangeable with stress. This is because when we think about time management, most of us aren’t good at keeping track of time and therefore often miss deadlines or decide to begin making projects a day before the deadline, which would cause stress and fatigue the next day. However, if we use a log template, we can write down, analyze, and keep track of what time and when we started making our projects, which would lead to a more manageable time schedule and therefore less stress.
- Cataloging and Reviewing. Another advantage of using a log template would be that you can use it as a reference to how you manage your time, and in doing so may be able to make changes in our daily habits.
Utilize our free log templates for convenience and be stress-free!
How to Make a Workout Log on Paper
Making a workout log on a piece of paper is not that difficult, although it would be much simpler just to download Log Templates online for free here on our website, but if you do need to make a workout log, follow the steps below:
- Draw Tables – Like any log, you would need to draw a table, preferably a 7 × 14 sized table so as to allow enough space for inputting variables and to reduce the need of printing out too many copies. However, the exact size of the table is purely dependent on you the writer.
- Input Variables – Variables can be listed as date, time, frequency, repetitions (reps), and calorie intake.
What Is a Personal Training Log?
In some cases, training is considered as conditioning the body or making it stronger. A personal training log is essentially a means of keeping track of your physical training or conditioning so as to allow you to manage time and frequency of your training. Luckily you don’t have to go through the hassle of creating your own log. You can happily download or use any of our sample daily logs available here.
Job Log Template
Job Search Log
Child Care Payment
Weekly Log Templates
How to Create an Exercise Log Using Excel
As stated earlier, the most preferred program used for the creation of logs is Excel. This is because the program has all the features necessary for the creation of a log. In most companies, they use the spreadsheet in Excel as a means to catalog cost and expenses and even employee work times. In terms of helping you make an exercise log, it is fairly simple, just follow the steps below:
- Open the Excel program.
- Designate the number of rows and columns you want to use.
- Create a darker border around the table you choose.
- Input variables into each box in the spreadsheet.
- Allow extra space for potential addition to your exercise.
This is just a simple way to keep track of your exercising habits. It is known that if you want to exercise properly you need to rest just as much to allow the body to recover. This is known as a recovery time. This behaves similarly to a vehicle maintenance log. However, if you do want to catalog your vehicle’s maintenance, then fret not, there are Maintenance Log Templates available here as well.
FREE 27+ Isometric Papers in PDF | MS Word
FREE 11+ Journal Article Samples in MS Word | Google Docs | PDF
FREE 7+ Sample Functional Requirement Document Templates in MS Word | Google Docs | PDF
FREE 27+ Sample Speech in PDF
FREE 11+ Sample Research Reports in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | PDF
FREE 12+ Article Writing Samples & Templates in PDF
FREE 37+ Sample Report Writing Format Templates in PDF
FREE 9+ Sample Classroom Sign Out Sheet Templates in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | PDF
FREE 10+ Business Profile Samples in PDF
FREE 12+ Sample Football Score Sheet Templates in MS Word | Google Docs | Google Sheets | Excel | Numbers | Pages | PDF
FREE 21+ Sample Delivery Note Templates in MS Word | Numbers | Pages | Excel | PDF
FREE 38+ Research Papers in PDF
FREE 9+ Visitors Log Templates in MS Word | Google Docs | Google Sheets | Excel | PDF
FREE 14+ Sample Chart of Accounts Templates in MS Word | Excel | PDF
FREE 11+ Payslip Templates in Pages | PDF | MS Word