If you want to buy a horse or a pony, then you would definitely need a horse bill of sale. A horse bill of sale is basically and essentially a bill of sale specifically made for horses. Back in the days, it has been a common fact that horse sales and trading were sealed by a verbal contract and a handshake.
Creating a horse bill of sale might be mandatory or required in some states but is not always necessary, and some states would even require or at least recommend a written document when acquiring or buying a horse. The horse bill of sale specifically resolves issues on poor documentations when purchasing a horse or a pony.
Sample Horse Bill of Sale
Horse Bill of Sale with Trial Period
Free Printable Horse Bill of Sale
Blank Horse Bill of Sale
How to Make a Bill of Sale for a Horse
- To be able to draft and create a horse bill of sale, you must first be able to get familiarized with the elements of the horse bill of sales that is discussed and being provided below. Also, checking out these Free Bill of Sales is a great help, especially when you are looking for a detailed and precise step-by-step guidelines on how to come up with a horse bill of sale.
Why Do You Need a Bill of Sale When Buying a Horse?
- Just like the Trailer Bill of Sales, a horse bill of sale is legally required whenever you sell, purchase, or transfer a particular horse or pony, especially from one person to another, which would mean that without the horse bill of sale, you are prohibited from making any transactions involving a certain horse.
Horse Bill of Sale with Warranty
Horse Bill of Sale Example
Bill of Sale Form in PDF
Bill of Sale and Agreement in PDF
Essential Elements in a Bill of Sale for a Horse
- The parties involved – this element is where the name as well as the address along with the contact information for the buyer, as well as the seller of the horse of pony, is clearly stated and indicated. If there was an agent involved in the transaction, it is best to include his or her information too as it is essentially required for such reasons like the security and protection of all the parties involved.
- Determining the horse type – just as you can see in any Bill of Sale Samples, this element is where the horse type along with its specified information shall be clearly identified and written on the horse bill of sale. Such details and specifications would include the horse’s age, color, breed, pedigree, name, gender, passport number, as well as its registration if it is applicable.
- Commissions – this element is where any commissions or the lack of whatsoever shall be acknowledged even if there is a third party or not. Other than that, the risk of loss shall also be specifically stated.
- The governing law – the parties involved can choose which law they would follow with regards to this certain transaction. It would also depend on which place they are inhabiting.
- Date and signatures – the involving parties must affix their signatures on this element in which an exact date should be included as well.
14+ Investigation Report Templates- Docs, Word, PDF, Pages
7+ Force Field Analysis Templates – PDF, Word
6+ Sample Lab Report Templates- PDF, Docs, Word, Pages
9+ Sample Consultant Agreements – Word, PDF
9+ Committee Report Templates – Docs, Pages, PDF, Word
6+ Sample Board Reports – Docs, Pages, Word
14+ Sample Marketing Report Templates- Docs, PDF, Pages
12+ Sample Marketing Reports- Docs, PDF, Pages
28+ Sample Reports – PDF, Word, Apple Pages
16+ Sample Consignment Agreement Templates – Word, PDF
9+ Sample Consignment Agreements – Word, PDF
8+ Sample Consignment Agreements – Word, PDF
17+ Cost Benefit Analysis Templates – Word, PDF
8+ Sample Cost Benefit Analysis Templates – PDF, Word, Excel
12+ Sample Credit Reports-Word, Docs, PDF, Pages