A log is used primarily to be able to have a record of the important happenings in operations and management. A log can be used as an invoice log template where the details of a specific invoice are recorded and later on used for tracking and monitoring. Just like an invoice log, a work log sheet is also used to record the daily work activities, whether it be of a company or of an individual.
Logs are widely used regardless if it is in the digital form or the traditional pen and paper log. There are just numerous uses of logs, that is why having downloadable log templates available for download online is very convenient. View and download any of these log templates for your logging needs. Download now!
Work Activity Log
Physical Activity Log
Project Action Log
Action Plan Log
What Is the Purpose of a Log Template?
- A log template is a useful tool when one needs to do something and to write and record the things that they need to keep track of.
- Log templates make it easy and convenient to create different kinds of templates that can be used for different purposes.
- Ready-made log templates are easy to reproduce as they can be downloaded online, or in this article, and printed as many times as you want.
- Log templates are used to organize and separate the details or information that are entered into the log sheet.
How to Create a Log Template in Excel
A log template can be created manually or through Excel. Here we will provide steps to help you create a log template using Excel. Please also check our log templates in word.
- Launch the Excel application and open a new blank Excel sheet.
- If you have the latest version of the Excel application, it will provide you with options on what you type of template you want to open after it launches.
- In this case, we will be creating log templates, so you might want to browse by category and check out the logs.
- A selection of different free log templates will be provided to you. Select the one that is appropriate for the kind of log template you will be making.
- Edit or change all the labels to match that of what you will be signing the log for.
- Change the color scheme as you please.
- Save your work and make as many copies as you desire.
Equipment Maintenance Log
Vehicle Maintenance Log
Printable Food Log
Food Intake Log
Blood Sugar Log
Blood Sugar Testing Log
Diabetic Blood Sugar Log
Patient Complaint Log
Employee Complaint Log
Tips for Creating Log Templates
- Write a heading or a title so that you will know what that particular log is for. There could be a lot of logs being used in your company and guessing which one you will be writing on is not going to be a good idea.
- Use a table for your log template. It is not a requirement, but making use of a table helps you organize the information being entered in the log sheet as the lines will indicate which information belongs to what column or row.
- Provide instructions on how you want the information to be entered into the log sheet. Your instruction can include if abbreviations are allowed or not.
- Provide examples on what information to enter, like how to write the time and date, and how to write a summary of the details, especially if it is an activity log.
- Use other log templates as reference. Compare your own with those that are already made and determine if you need to add more elements or not.
- Create a log template that is appropriate for the type of log sheet you will be using. The best log template would be one that is useful and appropriate for the type of log you will be making.
- Check the Internet to be able to get more ideas about how to improve your log template.
- Include all of the necessary elements that are important for record-keeping.
- Create a flexible log template that can be used for a lot of different log purposes, like a visitors log template, expense log templates, and daily log templates.
- Use simple words and labels in your log so that whoever reads it will be able to easily understand the instructions and the labels provided.
Staff Communication Log
Teacher Communication Log
Daily Lesson Log
Daily Medication Log
Daily Business Expense Log
Travel Expense Log
Employee Activity Log
Student Incident Log
What Are the Uses of Log Templates?
- Call Log Template – A call log template is used to record incoming and outgoing phone calls from a person or company. These records are used as references for tracking and monitoring.
- Attendance Log Template – This kind of log template is usually used in the school setting to help determine if all students came to class on a specific date.
- Daily Log Template – A daily log template serves as an individual’s log for the activities that they did for the day. They are often used as diaries.
- Work Log Template – A work log template is where the work progress or status of an individual is written for tracking purposes.
- Time Log Templates – This is where the employees usually log the time that they came in to work and the time they left work.
How to Use Log Templates
- To use a log template, you will need to know what type of log you will be using.
- After you have decided, go ahead and add the labels on the template making sure that you put them in order.
- Add and remove some elements in the template as needed.
- Enter the details of what you need to log for the day.
Project Meeting Log
Group Meeting Log
Nutrition Food Log
Project Dependency Log
Project Risk Log
Petty Cash Log
Petty Cash Fund Log
Customer Sales Log
Retail Sales Log
Benefits of Using Log Templates
- A log template can be used for a lot of different log purposes. By just downloading or creating your own template, you will be able to have one that is easily accessible.
- Using templates helps you save time and increase your speed in doing other more important stuff.
- Using a log template reduces unnecesary errors.
- Having log templates on hand allows you to have a uniform log sheet, which makes it convenient for the people who will use it.
- You can save a lot of money just by having your own templates, instead of paying someone to make it for you.
- Ready-made log templates can make it easy for you to make copies if you run out of sheets to use.
- Log templates that are made in table format help you organize your data so that they will not be confusing.
FREE 18+ Small Business Plan Samples in Google Docs | MS Word | Pages | PDF
FREE 31+ Sample Business Plan Templates in Google Docs | MS Word | Pages | PDF
FREE 9+ Sample Film Budgets in PDF | MS Word | Excel | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 6+ Useful Meeting Notes Templates in PDF | PSD
FREE 15+ Sample Partnership Agreement Templates in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 10+ Art Gallery Business Plan Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | PDF
FREE 5+ Editable Social Media Strategy Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | PDF
FREE 25+ Sample Wedding Contracts in Google Docs | MS Word | Pages | PDF
FREE 15+ Sample Memorandum of Agreement Templates in Google Docs | MS Word | Pages | PDF
FREE 10+ Revenue Projection Samples in MS Word | MS Excel | Pages | Numbers | Google Docs | Google Sheets | PDF
FREE 10+ HR Consulting Business Plan Samples in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | PDF
FREE 10+ Excel Inventory Samples in Excel
FREE 10+ Paycheck Stub Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | Google Sheets | Numbers | MS Excel | PDF
FREE 15+ Sample Project Timeline Templates in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 10+ Strategy Map Samples in MS Word | PPT | Pages | Flowcharts | Google Docs | Notes | PDF