In documenting shifts or needing to know who went in and out of your premises, log forms are always used for reference. Log forms can come in a variety of ways like a call log that lets you document the number of calls, number of minutes per call, and the number called, which is used in most companies to document all calls made.
Some companies also use an invoice log template to record all finances made and referred to for documentation purposes. Here, we show you a variety of log templates you can use to create your own forms with ease. Scroll down below for more information about log forms.
Blank Workout Log
Monthly Workout Log
Printable Food Log
Daily Food Log
A Log Form’s Definition
A log form is often used in companies and events wherein they are used to document the time when people may come in and go out, which can also be used as reference for their attendance and pay. This is also what most small establishments use if they do not have a biometric machine to record time.
For now, you can download and use time log templates to quickly create your own log form. The template’s designs may also give you options to change some thumbnail pictures and insert your own pictures like company logos and such. You are also given options to change the captions in the form and replace them with your own details.
Creating Your Log Template
It doesn’t take much time to create your own log template wherein all you need to have are software programs that can function in an Excel form and a few minutes to fill out your form with the required details. You can also use written daily log templates as your reference to create a simple log form, as these types of templates feature the most basic details a log form should have and easy to replace with your own details you may want to add.
Employee Time Log
Time Log for Project
Volunteer Time Log
Construction Daily Log
Daily Activity Log
Daily Lesson Log
Kindergarten Reading Log
Weekly Reading Log
A Log Template’s Details
It is essential that you know what details to place in your log form to avoid any discrepancies when referring to a specific log form in the future. Placing understandable information will help guests or customers know what to write and therefore, avoid any confusion when filling out your log form. Below are some details you will have to place in your log form:
- Thumbnail image – You should place a thumbnail image of your company, like your company logo. Your image doesn’t really need to be a big one, just as long as you can place a thumbnail image to make your log form look presentable.
- Name and contact number – This is a very important detail that you should not miss placing in your log form, as it is mostly the basis for attendance and a reference to know who may go to your specific event, or may have reported for work. This is also the most important detail to refer to if you plan to get leads using your log forms.
- Activities within the day (if needed) – This information is most often used by schools where they place this specific section in a daily diary for students to fill out. For schools who include this type of section in their log forms, it can both benefit the student’s parents and the teacher to know what the student has done throughout the day.
- Remarks (if needed) – This type of information is usually included in recommendation logs and school diaries, where teachers or superiors can place comments about your performance in work or in school. For educational purposes, this can help parents know more on what their children needs to improve. In work, this will help the employee know more about themselves and how they can also improve on specific situations.
Physical Activity Log
Sales Activity Log
Accident Log for Vehicle
Student Behavior Log
Teacher Behavior Log
Customer Complaint Log
Client Conversation Log
Where to Use Log Forms
- Use them as an attendance reference for work – This is the most common use for your log forms and is always used in small scale businesses, since these types of businesses may not need a biometric machine to record time and instead would save them money by doing timekeeping and attendance manually. Most conferences or events will also utilize log forms for attendance and documentation purposes. This is also where they get their leads for future transactions and promotions.
- Use them as diaries in school – Another use for logs is to use them as references for parents to see what their children are doing in school. Specifically, school diaries can help monitor their children’s strengths and weaknesses and know what to teach their children when at home.
- Use them as expense log templates – You can use your log forms to record company transactions and finances made by the company. If you need more templates related with finances and such, you can always browse through this topic for some petty cash log templates.
Employee Training Log
Employee Performance Log
Personal Fitness Log
Fitness Activity Log
Personal Health Log
Health Record Log
Job Application Log
Maintenance Log for Vehicle
Project Meeting Log
Meeting Action Log
Project Dependency Log
Monthly Sales Log
Volunteer Service Log
Volunteer Activity Log
The Dos and Don’ts of Log Forms
- Never overpower the details with your design – It’s good to place designs in your log to make them look creative, but placing too much will overpower your details, which may confuse the reader when filling out the required details of your log. It would be advisable to place simple or abstract designs, to give way for the details and to keep both your designs and details in balance.
- Always double-check for details you may have missed – It is important to keep on double-checking the details while creating your work. It would look informal if you were to miss something and just write down the missing detail of your log.
- Do not place in details that may not be relevant to the log form’s purpose – The details to place in your log form are critical like the name, address, contact number, email, and such. These are usually the common details a simple log may have, but it would also be informal to place excess details like asking for hobbies, likes, and dislikes. Only do so when needed.
FREE 10+ Food Catering Business Plan Samples in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | PDF
FREE 10+ Cleaning Price List Samples in MS Word | PSD | AI | Publisher | Pages | PDF
FREE 14+ Event Checklist Templates in Excel | PDF | MS Word | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 18+ Small Business Plan Samples in Google Docs | MS Word | Pages | PDF
FREE 31+ Sample Business Plan Templates in Google Docs | MS Word | Pages | PDF
FREE 9+ Sample Film Budgets in PDF | MS Word | Excel | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 6+ Useful Meeting Notes Templates in PDF | PSD
FREE 15+ Sample Partnership Agreement Templates in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 10+ Art Gallery Business Plan Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | PDF
FREE 5+ Editable Social Media Strategy Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | PDF
FREE 25+ Sample Wedding Contracts in Google Docs | MS Word | Pages | PDF
FREE 15+ Sample Memorandum of Agreement Templates in Google Docs | MS Word | Pages | PDF
FREE 10+ Revenue Projection Samples in MS Word | MS Excel | Pages | Numbers | Google Docs | Google Sheets | PDF
FREE 10+ HR Consulting Business Plan Samples in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | PDF
FREE 10+ Excel Inventory Samples in Excel