Creating a film, animation, or motion media is a visually artistic pursuit. Imagination and creativity are key factors in having a visually pleasing and content-worthy outcome. Before one can translate one’s ideas in a motion media, Storyboard and Digital Storyboard are essential tools in planning the final output of the project.
In making a storyboard, careful consideration to details must be observed. The contents of a storyboard assist the artist in conceiving his ideas into reality. Storyboard is regarded as a guide in the creative process of making moving objects. Digital Storyboard Templates are available on our website for your reference.
Digital Storyboard Template
Digital Storyboard in Doc
Digital Project Storyboard
Uses of a Digital Storyboard
A storyboard is used as a framework for scenes in a motion media. It contains sketches and outlines to be shot in every scene. On the one hand, a digital storyboard still has the same function and uses of a general storyboard. The only difference in a digital storyboard is it uses computer and software application to make the contents. You may see Sample Storyboard to see more templates of a storyboard.
- Digital storyboards are more convenient to use since they are portable and accessible. Unlike the normal storyboards, you need to bring the actual board, which can be bulky in the shooting process.
- A digital storyboard aids in better visualization of every shot. For instance, a specific shot requires a close-up angle on the actor’s face. With the use of storyboard, the cinematographer easily knows what angle to shoot next.
- Proper execution of scenes is achieved when using a storyboard. It also saves more time in the shooting and editing the scenes.
Making of a Digital Storyboard
- In creating a digital storyboard, you need a blank frame where you can start filling in sketches and outlines.
- Input the script of your story. State what the scene is all about in every frame. Script Storyboard can guide you on this part.
- Start sketching the scene you want to see in the final project. The sketches don’t need to be perfect.
Digital Production Storyboard
Digital Media Storyboard
Free Digital Storyboard Template
Digital Storyboard Example
Tips to Make Digital Storyboard
- Attainable: Make sure your sketches are attainable in the film proper. You don’t want to visualize a shot without considering the practicability of the scene. It’ll be a waste of time to execute your sketch knowing at the end that your desired shot cannot be obtained.
- Resourceful: Use any means you have in creating your desired shot. In your sketches, you can incorporate some objects such as leaves or lights to exemplify the mood of the scene.
- Creativity: There should be the element of uniqueness and beauty in the final outcome. While your sketches are only used as outlines and guides, you do want to translate these sketches into your visualized concept of the scene.
- Expressive and Captivating: Make it a point to have expressive and captivating frames. For instance, in a Film Storyboard, the angles and mood of the scene should catch the attention of the audience. The sole purpose of a storyboard is to plan ahead and include creative elements in every shot.
Our website is offering digital storyboard templates such as Business Storyboard. You may have your own copy of these templates for free.
17+ Sample Blank Ticket Templates – PSD, AI, Word
17+ Sample Service Level Agreement Templates – PDF, Word, Pages
18+ Service Level Agreement Samples
12+ Sample Security Agreement Templates
13+ Security Agreement Samples
11+ Sample Security Agreements
14+ Funeral Notices
15+ Sample Partnership Agreements
24+ Partnership Agreement Templates
13+ Sample Operating Agreements – PDF, Word
11+ Sample Operating Agreement Templates to Download
16+ Sample Handover Reports
16+ Sample Audit Report Templates
13+ Memorandum of Agreements – PDF, Word
15+ Sample Memorandum of Agreement Templates to Download