What is a storyboard? A storyboard is a tool used in creating a concept for a movie or a television commercial. Making a storyboard involves careful planning on how the scenes will be filmed. Without a storyboard, shooting a television commercial or movie will be a hard task to do.
Using a storyboard template, it will be easier to create a storyboard for the video project that you will be doing. If you want to learn more about a commercial storyboard, read more about it below. Also, you can download from the selection of commercial storyboards available in word and PDF format.
TV Commercial Storyboard
Commercial Digital Storyboard
How to Create a Storyboard
Creating a storyboard is a vital step in any video production, commercial shoot, television ad, and in films. Without a storyboard, directors and producers will not be able to visualize what they want to happen when the camera starts rolling. A commercial storyboard is one example of a storyboard used in many video commercials. Listed below are the steps in creating your own storyboard for any video project.
- A good storyboard starts with a template. To make it easier to create one, storyboard samples are useful as reference and can also be used to format your work.
- Determine the timeline for the idea that you have in mind when creating the storyboard. It is important to write a draft of your ideas by establishing the sequence for the scenes through a timeline.
- Once you finish understanding the timeline, identify the important scenes of the story.
- Illustrate each key scene in the story. Each rectangle should contain the important parts of the video project. Also, your drawings don’t necessarily need to be detailed when creating a storyboard.
- Write the script describing how each scene unfolds, including the scripts of individuals in the story.
- Lastly, finalize your storyboard by reviewing it and making necessary changes.
Commercial Storyboard Example
Free Commercial Storyboard
What Is a Commercial Storyboard?
A commercial storyboard, which is also called an advertising storyboard, is a type of storyboard commonly used in many video commercial projects or television commercials. It helps directors prepare and plan out the concept that they want for the television commercial. A finished commercial storyboard allows everyone involved in the set to understand the sequence, the lighting, angles, props, etc., that are going to be needed during filming of the television commercial. Advertising agencies can also make use of a commercial storyboard in presenting a television commercial concept to their clients.
Tips in Creating a Storyboard
- Always remember to keep your storyboard clear and simple.
- When illustrating your storyboard, the drawings that you do doesn’t have to be perfect. You can even opt to do stick figures when illustrating.
- Use a grid when illustrating in order to get a clear detail on the position of certain elements in your drawing.
- The size of the rectangles in your storyboard should match with the aspect ratio of the camera that you are shooting with.
- Include the foreground, mid-ground, and background in your illustrations.
11+ Book Report Templates – Free Samples , Examples & Format
7+ Sample Office Lease Agreements
9+ Office Lease Agreement Templates – Samples, Examples & Format
10+ Office Lease Agreement Templates
11+ Agency Agreement Templates – Word, PDF, Pages
10+ Land Lease Agreement Templates
9+ Sample Land Lease Agreement Templates
16+ Land Lease Agreements – Samples, Examples & Format
10+ Sample Board Reports – Google Docs, Apple Pages, Word
10+ Sample Non Compete Agreement Templates to Download
9+ Non Compete Agreement Samples, Examples, Templates
11+ Sample Non Compete Agreements – PDF, Word
11+ Industry Analysis Samples
11+ Industry Analysis Templates
14+ Relationship Agreement Templates to Download