Making a movie or a film needs to be planned with a movie storyboard, even if it is just a short one or for school project purposes. If a plan is not laid out then there will surely be a waste of time, money, and resources in the process. It might not even make it to the deadline.
A movie storyboard can organize the story line and help put the scenes in sequence. It can also make the planning process easy. Our 7+ Movie Storyboard samples are available online for free! That is right, they are for free. What are you waiting for? Download now!
Movie Maker Storyboard
Movie Making Storyboard
Movie Trailer Storyboard
Printable Movie Storyboard
The Making of a Storyboard
Just like doing other things, making a storyboard requires planning. Simply put, it’s a plan laid out in the form of illustrations and images. Instead of writing blocks and blocks of paragraphs, putting it into photographs and images can be easily understood by the movie-making team. It also gives each one a uniform visualization of what is to happen and who are involved in the film. Here are a few things about making a storyboard. You can also check our Storyboard Samples.
- A storyboard may be a visual plan, but it still needs to be planned. A plan to plan a plan. Sounds confusing? It is really simple. You just first need a story and the characters.
- Once the story is decided, list down the scenes that you want to be included in your movie as well as the as the location. It will be easier to sketch everything if these things are planned.
- And now, time for the sketching. It is recommended to put your sketch in rectangular templates since it can be easily viewed that way. But any template shape will do based on your preference.
- Sketch all the things that you have included in your list. You can put in a dialogue in the sketch.
- You may also write down notes at the bottom of the templates in the space provided for.
Movie Advertising Storyboard
Blank Movie Storyboard
Movie Video Project Storyboard
What Is a Storyboard and How Is It Used?
As mentioned above, it is a plan for making movies or films that uses illustrations, photographs, or images that are put in sequential order to help in the planning of the project. Below is a list of how a storyboard is used.
- Storyboards are used in making movies or films to help in the planning and identifying possible problems before it is put to production.
- It is also used in theaters to plan out the scenes and events so that the show can run smoothly.
- A storyboard provides images about how the characters should look like and how the scenes should be set up.
- Having a storyboard also allows the filmmakers to easily add and remove scenes from the movie without the hassle of changing the scripts first.
- Digital storyboards are now available so creating them can be made easier and faster.
- Since using a Film Storyboard enables the film-making team to identify potential problems ahead of time, this makes them able to save money because the production cost can be estimated.
- It also saves them time because they can fix the problem before it happens. This again allows them to save costs.
12+ Sample Marketing Reports- Docs, PDF, Pages
14+ Sample Marketing Report Templates- Docs, PDF, Pages
28+ Sample Reports – PDF, Word, Apple Pages
18+ Sample Gap Analysis Templates – PDF, Excel, Word, Pages
10+ Sample Commercial Lease Agreements – Word, PDF, Pages
8+ Sample Commercial Lease Agreements – Word, PDF
8+ Fault Tree Templates – PDF, Excel, Word
11+ Sample Accident Report Templates – PDF, Word, Pages
12+ Sample Home Inspection Reports – Docs, Word, Pages
53+ Contract Agreement Templates – Pages, Docs
10+Trip Report Templates – Word, Docs, pages
20+ Sample Trip Reports – Word, PDF
15+ Monthly Report Templates – Docs, Pages, Word
37+ Sample Proposal Templates – Word, Apple Pages, Google Docs
20+ Management Samples – PDF , Word, Docs, Pages