Storyboarding is the process of illustrating an idea or a concept. A storyboard is the tool wherein a sequence of drawings or illustrations is done in order to visualize a story. This method is especially important in creating films, videos, animation, and motion graphics. Creating a storyboard is essential when making these projects.
The illustrations contained in a storyboard symbolize the key scenes of each film or movie, etc. Using a storyboard template will help you create an outline when you are making your storyboard. If you need these samples and templates, they are available for download on this page.
Comic Book Storyboard
Comic Life Storyboard
Comic Strip Storyboard
How to Make a Comic Storyboard
A comic storyboard is a draft used when creating a comic. It is important to understand the necessary elements and the steps needed to be done to help you create an effective storyboard. The steps in making a storyboard are as follows:
- The first step that you need to do when creating a storyboard is to create a template or you can download from the free storyboard samples that we have available.
- Create several rectangles in your document to symbolize each scene in the comic that you are making.
- Draw and illustrate your ideas and concepts inside the rectangles, making sure they are done in sequence. It is important to remember that the drawing doesn’t have to be perfect since you are only creating a draft.
- Number each rectangle that you have created to symbolize the order or sequence.
- Write a script in your storyboard to indicate the conversations between the different characters in the story.
- Create a detailed description of each scene by specifying the movements, camera angles, background effects, music, etc.
Comic Layout Storyboard
Blank Comic Storyboard
Printable Comic Storyboard
What Is the Difference between a Storyboard and a Comic Strip?
Although a comic strip and a storyboard are both mediums used to visualize a story, both have various differences. The difference between a storyboard and a comic strip are as follows:
- A storyboard is commonly used as a draft of an idea or concept when creating films, video projects, television commercials, etc., and is never published, while a comic strip is created and published through newspapers, magazines, or as books.
- A storyboard is used as a tool to visualize an idea while a comic strip is made as the finished product that is ready for consumers to purchase.
- A storyboard contains other relevant details such as the camera angles, description of movements and effects when creating a film or movie, while a comic strip only contains conversation between the characters used for entertainment purposes.
- Dialogues aren’t necessary elements of a storyboard, while a dialogue is required in a comic strip.
- A storyboard is used to visualize an idea or concept while a comic strip is used for providing humor and entertainment for many people.
7+ Birthday Party Checklist Templates to Download
10+ Grant Budget Samples
9+ Grant Budget Samples
13+ Annual Budget Samples – PDF, Word, Excel
13+ Sample Annual Budget Templates – Word, PDF, Excel
8+ Sample Catering Quote Templates
19+ Sample Sales Proposal Templates – PDF, Word, PSD
11+ Sample Grant Proposals – Word, PDF, Pages
17+ Sample Grant Proposal Templates – Word, PDF, Pages
9+ Small Business Investment Samples – PDF, Word
6+ Sales Budget Samples
What Is Included in a Sales Budget?
10+ Website Design Proposal Templates – Word, PDF, Pages
13+ Travel Proposal Templates
8+ Technical Proposal Samples