What is a storyboard? A storyboard contains images and illustrations that are chronologically arranged to tell a story. It is used in the filmmaking industry to organize a story and list the contents of a story. Storyboards are not only used in the filmmaking industry, but it is also used in theaters, mini movies, and comic books.
By creating a storyboard, comic artists are able to produce a preview on how their work will look like. It also allows them to identify potential problems in the story and give them the luxury to make any changes. By doing so, it helps them reduce costs and save time.
Comic Book Storyboard
Comic Life Storyboard
The Making of a Storyboard
When I scan through the pages of a comic book, I can’t help but wonder, how is it possible to draw this much stuff in every page of a 100-plus-page comic book? Did you have that question too? I just actually found the answer to my wondering soul, and that is because of a storyboard. Before the final draft of comic book is made, the comic book making team makes use of a storyboard. And here is how they do it.
- You first have to create blank slides or perhaps download a storyboard template. There are free sample storyboard and movie storyboard templates available online. This will make your work easier because you won’t have to stop after every page to create new templates.
- Write your story or the description of what you will draw below each slide. Make sure to include the lines that will be spoken by the characters. While writing the scenes for every box, also jot down notes about what is happening in your storyboard.
- Sketch your story. You don’t have to be very detailed and you don’t need to draw really well to do this. You just have to sketch the scenes to provide a visual.
Comic Layout Storyboard
Comic Storyboard Template
Comic Strip Storyboard
What Is a Storyboard and How Is It Used?
We already know that a storyboard helps in the organization of pictures and images for film and comic making to create or tell a story. By utilizing storyboard samples, possible problems in the story are identified and changed accordingly. This makes work easier and lighter for those people working in this industry. Other uses of a storyboard are provided below.
- A storyboard is the best way for you to share the visuals of the story for your film or comics, by using visual storyboard samples. It is important that every member of your team understands and visualizes the story the same way you do. This makes assigned tasks easier and can yield the results that you want.
- It provides a preview of the film or comic book you are making. Having a preview available will help you determine if the story is good or if it needs to be changed.
- Since problems are identified and changed before the film or comic book is finalized, it allows them to save time and costs. Imagine the savings one could get.
- It also makes production of the film or comic book easier. Why? You already have a plan laid out.
11+ Industry Analysis Samples
11+ Industry Analysis Templates
14+ Relationship Agreement Templates to Download
13+ Real Estate Partnership Agreement Templates to Download
13+ Parking Agreement Templates
9+ Parking Lease Agreement Templates – Samples , Examples & Format
9+ Sample Novation Agreements
8+ Sample Novation Agreement Templates to Download
26+ Sample Gap Analysis Templates – PDF, Excel, Word, Pages
15+ Roommate Agreement Templates to Download
11+ Sample Non Disclosure Agreements
6+ Financial Analysis Samples
20+ Christmas Vouchers
10+ Critical Analysis Templates to Download
19+ Cost Benefit Analysis Templates – Word, PDF