What is meant by the word audit? In accounting, an audit means the financial assessment and inspection checklist of a company or an organization’s accounts. We often hear this word uttered in the workplace and most of the time is a common source of fear among a lot of managers. An audit is a systematic process that involves the inspection or examination of the standard operating procedures or processes in order to make sure that they are compliant with a specific set of standards.
We have here very useful audit checklist samples that will help you with your auditing needs. These samples will definitely make your job easy and convenient. You may view and download the samples below for free. Get them now!
Customizable Audit Checklist Template
Management Audit Checklist Template
Internal Audit Checklist
How Often Is an Audit Conducted?
Standard operating procedures are created to ensure the quality of products and services being produced, to increase productivity, and most of all, to ensure the safety of the people involved in the operations. An audit is conducted to make sure that the given standards are being followed in order to achieve the desired results. There is no international law about how frequent an audit should be conducted. You can also see vehicle checklist template.
Audits are conducted based on a company’s needs. There is no one best frequency for conducting audits. If the nature of the process in your workplace requires you to do hourly audits, then so be it. If you need to do daily audits to be able to comply with certain regulations, then it can be done as long as it is reasonable and makes sense for your company’s needs. You can also see monthly checklist samples.
Food Safety Audit Checklist
Detailed Audit Checklist
Internal Audit Checklist
Advantages and Disadvantages of Using an Audit Checklist
Knowing about something means getting to know the good and the bad about it. So here we have gathered the advantages and disadvantages of using an audit checklist below.
- An effective audit checklist will be able to promote planning for the audit activity to be done.
- An audit checklist is a big help in the audit process as it allows the auditor to run the audit as smoothly as possible.
- An audit checklist template serves as a guide or memory aid for auditors so that they will remember all of the important steps required in auditing. It also helps them in determining what standards or processes they need to examine and evaluate.
- An audit checklist helps in making sure that the audit being conducted is organized, systematic, and comprehensive. You may also see monthly checklist templates.
- An audit checklist helps in obtaining adequate data or evidence during inspection.
- An audit checklist that is prepared poorly may intimidate the people or the company whose processes and products are being audited.
- An audit checklist sample, if not double-checked and planned properly, may have a very narrow scope and it may not be able to identify underlying problems.
- An audit checklist, if used by an inexperienced auditor, may not be effective. There may be problems between what the auditor is looking for and what the checklist provides.
- A good audit checklist template helps in speeding up the audit process, but if the audit checklist is poorly done, it will slow down the process. It could be due to duplicate tasks or repetitive tasks.
There are a lot of different uses for a checklist not only in auditing. To find the checklist that you need, we have other checklist samples on our website that will surely be of help. Examples are marketing strategies checklists and checklist to improve customer service to name a few.
24+ Sample Wedding Checklist - Documents in PDF, Word
16+ Sample New Employee Checklist - Free Documents Download ...
13+ Sample House Cleaning Checklist - Documents in Word, PDF
14+ Home Inspection Checklists – Free Sample, Example, Format
11+ College Checklist Templates - Free Sample, Example, Format
10+ Sample Equipment Checklist - Free Documents Download in ...
7+ Sample Project Checklist - Documents in Word, PDF
13+ New Hire Checklist Sample - Documents In PDF
7+ Sample Camping Checklist - Documents in Word, Excel, PDF
7+ Sample Cleaning Checklist - Documents in Word, PDF
6+ Sample Event Checklist Template - Free Documents Download ...
14+ Sample Daily Checklist - Documents in Word, PDF
7+ Sample Baby Registry Checklist - Documents in PDF, Excel
6+ Sample Word Checklist - Documents in Word, PDF
12+ Training Checklist Sample - Documents In PDF, Word