Job analysis is the process of gathering data regarding a specific job to assess all the job functions needed to be done for a work requirement to be accomplished. It is a document that identifies the duties that are given to a person who is to function in a particular job position.
It is very important to analyze a job that you are entitled to do as it will help you to manage expectations and be ready with the culture attached in the implementation of your duties and responsibilities. Aside from job analysis, we have other Analysis Samples available for download.
Job Safety Analysis Template
Sample Functional Job Analysis
Job Safety Analysis Example
Job Hazard Analysis Format
Job Analysis Description Example
Job Task Analysis Sample
What Is in a Job Analysis?
A job analysis includes the following information:
- the activities that someone is tasked and is responsible to do,
- the efficient application of someone’s skills and professional experiences to the job that he or she is to do,
- the inclusions and other works attached to the job title being given to a specific person,
- the importance of the job to be done to other jobs in the department or the entire business or establishment,
- the professional performance level that one must attain to be considered productive regarding the job that he or she is assigned at, and
- the conditions that are needed to be considered when doing the tasked job functions.
Aside from our job analysis samples, you may also be specific and browse through our Job Task Analysis Samples also available for download.
The Concept of a Job Analysis
It is very important to know and understand that a job analysis is done to study the specific job function and everything about it. It is not about the person doing the job or the performance of an employee doing the specific job function.
A job function focuses more on the nature of the job and how it is to be done.
Strategic Job Analysis
Job Analysis Steps in PDF
Job Description Analysis
Job Group Analysis
Importance of a Job Analysis
There are various ways on how a job analysis may be done, and one easy way of doing so is by creating questionnaires that will allow the human resource department to know what are the requirements of a specific job. Here are a few importance of having a job analysis:
- A job analysis creates a way for a job description to be formulated.
- Before hiring employees, the company will know what kind of candidate profile will suit a specific job to be offered through the use of a job analysis.
- It will help the human resource department to narrow down their selection of the applicants and hire the person that is mostly fit to do the functions required by a job as per the results of the job analysis.
- There will be a reference that may be used for comparison should there be a need for promotion for a specific job. It will help the deciding committee to see who among the nominees for promotion deserves the job more based on the closeness of his or her work experiences, skills and talents, ethics, and other competencies to the result of the job analysis.
With all of these, it can be concluded that a job analysis is truly important in the processes that are needed to be done by a company. Other than job analysis samples, you may also download our Job Safety Analysis Samples.
10+ Checklist Trend Analysis Templates – PDF, AI
11+ Investment Analysis Templates – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
10+ Investment Analysis – Examples in Word, PDF
11+ Market Analysis Samples – PDF, DOC
12+ Market Analysis – Word, PDF
9+ Competitive Market Analysis Samples
7+ Stock Market Analysis Samples
9+ Stock Market Analysis Samples
9+ Comparative Market Analysis Samples
10+ Target Market Analysis Samples – PDF, Word
9+ Real Estate Market Analysis Samples
8+ Earned Value Analysis Samples
10+ Sample Data Analysis
10+ Data Analysis Samples
14+ Manager SWOT Analysis Samples & Templates – PDF, Word