Among the many duties of the human resources department is to conduct a job analysis. This is a process used to determine each detail of a particular job like its duties and requirements. This could be done quarterly, semi-annually, or annually. Different kinds of Sample Analysis forms are presented below.
Job Analysis Form Template
Job Safety Analysis Template
It is important to remember when conducting a job analysis that, unlike with a performance appraisal, it is the job that is being evaluated and not the person. While it is the workers who are being interviewed, it is the specifications of their tasks that are in question and not them.
Sample Job Analysis Report
Sample Job Safety Analysis Form
Sample Job Hazard Analysis Form
Sample Job Analysis in PDF
Why Conduct a Job Analysis?
True, it is a lot of work, but conducting a job analysis would benefit both the company and the employees in more ways than one.
- A job analysis would help determine training needs and would provide a basis for post-training assessment.
- It can be used to evaluate appropriate compensation in relation to the difficulty of the tasks involved, required educational attainment, and conditions of work environment.
- It can be used in creating job descriptions and determining job qualifications.
- It is useful to the recruitment officer as they can gauge the best selection instrument to be utilized in screening applicants.
- A job analysis would provide a foundation from which evaluation of employees would be based.
How to Conduct a Job Analysis
Similar to how the Financial Analysis Samples served as a guide to the finance department, these job analysis samples would aid the human resource department as they conduct a job analysis.
- Gather all data. Study what available resources there are. Familiarize yourself with the job description and review previous performance analyses.
- Job Observation. Tour the workplace and observe both the workers and the surroundings. How are tasks done? Is the environment safe and reasonably comfortable?
- Hold Interviews. Talk to job content experts and high-performing employees. Ask them what they think are KSAs (knowledge, skills, attitudes) that are essential in order to effectively perform their tasks.
- Conduct Surveys. Send a survey to as many incumbents as you can.
Aspects of Job to be Analyzed
Remember, analyze the job and not the workers. Ask questions about
- tasks and responsibilities,
- equipments and tools,
- relationship with both supervisors and subordinates, and
- job qualifications.
Benefits of Job Analysis
- It assists in making sure there is a job-employee fit
- It attracts the best candidates for the job
- Serves as a guide for appraisal and evaluation processes
- Helps in designing training needs
Description of Job Analysis Sample
Construction Job Safety Analysis Form
Sample Job Analysis Form
Simple Job Safety Analysis Template
There is no one perfect way to conduct a job analysis. Some analysts prefer Quantitative Analysis with the use of surveys, others prefer qualitative analysis by conducting interviews, while others still prefer a combination of both. You must identify for yourself which method would be the best fit for the analysis you are conducting. Download and study the samples and familiarize yourself with the different methods to help you determine which would be most appropriate.
FREE 8+ Value Analysis Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 10+ Project Financial Analysis Samples in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | PDF
FREE 15+ Audience Analysis Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | PDF
FREE 17+ Market Analysis Samples in PDF | MS Word | Excel | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 11+ Restaurant SWOT Analysis Samples in Google Docs | Word | Pages | PDF
FREE 12+ Investment Analysis Templates in Excel | MS Word | PDF | Google Docs | Apple Pages
FREE 22+ Sample HR SWOT Analysis Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 6+ Process Analysis Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 9+ Sample Statistical Analysis Plan Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 9+ Statistical Analysis Plan Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 14+ Construction Cost Analysis Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 11+ Stakeholder Analysis Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 15+ Sample Gap Analysis Templates in PDF | MS Word | Excel | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 44+ Analysis Samples in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | Excel
FREE 10+ Disequilibrium Analysis Samples in PDF | DOC