HR records provide a wide range of information about employees in a company, such as hours worked, pay, and absence levels. Employers should utilize both physical and electronic data security procedures to protect this information, which is typically maintained electronically but may also include paper records. All businesses should have adequate HR data storage solutions in place and follow all applicable laws. A document retention guideline and monitoring program that is disclosed to all employees is a good idea. The policy should guarantee that records are preserved just for as long as they are needed and then safely deleted. It could include legal training as well as discussion of the advantages of good personnel management and a larger HR strategy.
10+ HR Records Samples
The information documents used by an organization to carry out its functions are referred to as human resource records. It exhibits organizational memory. The records contain information about the organization that is kept in a tangible form (written, graphical, charts, etc.) and serve as tangible evidence of the organization’s actions. Personnel records contain information regarding HR’s role in the organization, such as training, performance, absenteeism, earnings and salaries, labor turnover, efficiency, morale surveys, quality of work life, social security, and occupational health and safety, among other things.
1. HR Record
2. HR Record and Information Management
3. Management of HR Record
4. Sample HR Record
5. HR Records Administration
6. Simple HR Record
7. HR Record Policy
8. HR Record Retention
9. HR Empoyee Record
10. HR Record Retention Schedule
11. Printable HR Record
Essentials of Good Records
To meet the above goals, a good record must have the following characteristics:
(1) It should be unbiased. It should be sustained in order to achieve the stated goals.
(2) Keeping records should be simple and straightforward.
(3) It must be accurate and free of any errors or deception.
(4) It should be in line with the requirements.
(5) It should be verifiable or readily available.
(6) The concept of economy should be maintained when keeping records. Documents should not be costly to maintain.
(7) It should be beneficial to better corporate management. Records should not contain unnecessary papers.
(8) Required information should be easily accessible, thus it should be kept up to date.
(9) It should be simple to distinguish between distinct records.
(10) Duplication should be avoided.
(11) A record custodian should be assigned to oversee record preservation.
Many purposes are served by the records. Personnel records must be kept from the moment of their accession until their retirement or departure from the organization. Certain measures, according to Jucius Michael, are required for keeping employment records.
(1) Each employee’s recruitment information should be retained in a folder. The folder also contains other information about the employee, such as performance evaluations, academic credentials, training, and any disciplinary actions taken against the individual.
(2) In addition to the folder, a card with crucial information may be filed in the folder, allowing convenient access to the personnel record at any time.
(3) Data processing equipment may be utilized to keep records in some circumstances where the amount of employees is quite great.
What is an individual service record?
Employee’s name and residence, sex, age, educational qualifications, experience, department & section, date of appointment, date of superannuation, wage, increment, promotion received, transfer, and other information are included in this record.
What is included in the performance record?
This document contains the annual performance review ratings given to each employee.
What is a training record?
This covers the dates and times of the employees’ attendance at training programs.
If you want to see more samples and formats, check out some HR records samples and templates provided in the article for your reference.
FREE 23+ Sample Time Off Request Forms in PDF MS Word
FREE 10+ Employee File Checklist Samples [ Personnel, Medical ...
FREE 11+ Sample Employee Change Forms in MS Word PDF
FREE 10+ Employee Incident Statement Samples in PDF DOC
FREE 7+ Sample Employee Disciplinary Action Forms in MS Word ...
FREE 10+ Employee Termination Checklist Samples [ Exit, Meeting ...
FREE 43+ Printable Payroll Templates in PDF MS Word | Excel
FREE 11+ Sample HR Manual Templates in PDF, Word
FREE 10+ HR Training Budget Samples in MS Word MS Excel ...
FREE 8+ Sample Attendance Calendar Templates in PDF MS Word
FREE 9+ Medical Records Clerk Job Description Samples in MS ...
FREE 10+ Performance Documentation Samples & Templates in MS ...
FREE 9+ Payslip Templates in PDF MS Word
FREE 26+ Daily Log Templates in MS Word
FREE 23+ Time Log Samples & Templates in PDF MS Word