What is a reservation? A reservation is an arrangement between two parties involving products and services. Every day, people purchase a lot of these different goods, products, and services. To guarantee the availability of it, filling out a reservation form for a particular product or service is the first step in obtaining them.
A reservation form is an essential document needed when making a reservation. Hotels, transportation services, restaurants, etc., require consumers to fill out a reservation form in order to guarantee the sale of these products and services. If you are looking for sample forms for reservation, you may download the selection of forms available on this page.
Reservation Form Template
Restaurant Name Reservation Request Form Template
Railway Reservation Forms in PDF
Railway Ticket Reservation
Requisition for Reservation/Cancellation
Hotel Reservation Forms
Hotel Reservation Confirmation
Application Form for Registration and Hotel Reservation
Hotel Room Reservation
Official Hotel Reservation
Restaurant Reservation Forms
Restaurant Reservation Confirmation Form
Restaurant Event Reservation Deposit Form
Vehicle Reservation Forms
College Campus Vehicle Reservation
Sample Vehicle Reservation
Venue Reservation Forms
Venue Hire Booking Form
Why Do We Make Reservations?
We can’t always get what we want unless we make a reservation. Products and services are more likely consumed by consumers today than they were before. That is why the need for making reservations has been implemented by most establishments. The first-come-first-serve basis is still being implemented today, but it is more advantageous if a reservation is done ahead of time. You can also check sample tour reservation forms and sample reservation forms. Here are some of the reasons why we make reservations.
- To book a place for an important event like weddings, birthday parties, and meetings.
- Making reservations in a hotel assures that you have a place or room to stay if you travel to certain locations, especially during peak seasons.
- To avoid falling in line in long queues.
- To be able get limited number of products before they run out.
- To be able to reserve a flight and pay for it later.
- To be able to properly plan an outing or a trip to some place with a large number of people.
When and Where Can You Make Reservations?
Making reservations has become common today. It is just convenient to make reservations instead of rushing to the place to get a spot or fall in line to something who knows how long would take. We make reservations when we need to secure a location, such as a hotel room, a meeting or convention hall, a space or set of tables and chairs in a restaurant, or if we want to buy something that is not yet available in stores. Reservations can be made in hotels, resorts, restaurants, bookstores, specialty shops, travel tours, and many more. There are still lot of stuff that can be reserved, but it is still important that you ask ahead and don’t assume.
What Is a Reservation in Front Office Operations?
Front office operations in hotels are the ones responsible for answering customer inquiries about making reservations, and other services and amenities that a hotel or resort offers. This is an important task because reservations provide better chances of getting deals from interested customers. This also assures that a certain service or accommodation is sold. This means additional revenue for the business. Front office operations are the people that you see in the front desk of hotels or other business establishments.
What Is an Intersell Agency?
Intersell agencies make use of a central reservation system to be able to manage their hotel bookings or reservations. An intersell agency uses an approach that allows the customers to make various reservations by just calling a certain hotline. This single hotline can then help them with their booking or reservation needs without having to call other hotlines to make other types of reservations. They make contracts with hotels, resorts, airline companies, car rental companies, and travel and tours companies to be able to handle booking or making reservations for those companies. This makes the purchase of those services easy and hassle-free.
Library Reservation Forms
Library Book Reservation
Library Reservation Request
Tour Reservation Forms
Sample Tour Reservation
Tour Package Reservation
Group Tour Reservation Form
Conference Room Reservation Forms
Sample Conference Room Reservation
Conference Room Reservation Request
Types of Reservations
There are three types of reservations that are good to know in case we want to venture in the world of reservations. They are the confirmed or guaranteed reservations, tentative reservations, and non-confirmed or non-guaranteed reservations. Each of these types are discussed below. You might also want to check free reservation forms.
- A confirmed or guaranteed reservation is a type of reservation where a hotel or a service is sure to be booked for a guest until the time they have schedule to use it. In order for a guest to confirm or guarantee that the room or the service is booked for them, it has to be prepaid. This means that the guest should have a method of payment that is compatible with the hotel or establishment.
The following are the method of payment that the guests can use to guarantee a reservation:
• An advance payment requires that the guest pay the full cost of the reservation before their arrival date.
• Just like how deposits work, advance deposits require a down payment or a deposit of a certain amount before their scheduled arrival to the hotel or other establishments.
• Credit cards are commonly used with reservations, especially those that are done online. With credit card payments, the whole credit information is taken by the hotel or the establishment from the guest. The charge will then be done on the credit card by charging the guest’s credit card bank.
• Travel agencies also offer to make reservations for you so they pay your reservations for the service that you want. The travel agency will be presented with the bills for the payment of the reservation.
There are also other things that you need to consider with confirmed reservations and they are:
• If the guest wishes to cancel the reservation, then they may do so provided that they cancel it properly.
• Failure of a guest to properly cancel any reservation may lead to them being charged a one-day stay at the establishment.
• Failure of a hotel to provide the service for the confirmed reservation may lead to penalties if the guest files a complaint.
- Not all reservations require full payment. There are reservations that allow you to pay them at a later time. One of them is a tentative reservations. It is a type of reservation that has not been confirmed by the guest. Since this type of reservation is not guaranteed or is not yet paid for by the guest, it can still be changed or cancelled. Say for example you booked a plane ticket online and the reservation was done successfully. The confirmation for the reservation said that you have until this time to make a payment and confirm the reservation, otherwise it will be forfeited. This is what we call a tentative reservation.
- In a non-confirmed or non-guaranteed reservation a hotel allows a guest to reserve a room for them until they arrive on a specific date and time. They provide a cut-off time for when the guest is allowed to confirm the reservation. If the guest fails to confirm the said reservation, it will be released from hold.
Party Reservation Forms
Birthday Party Reservation
Private Party Reservation Form in PDF
Party Room Reservation
Property Reservation Forms
Sample Property Reservation Form
Reservation Application Forms
Housing Application and Reservation
Application Form for Room Reservation
Meeting Room Reservation
Event Reservation Application
Reservation Cancellation Form
Railway Reservation/Cancellation Requisition Example
How to Make Reservations
Here are some helpful steps that you can use to make reservations. You can also check business proposal letters in Doc.
- Determine the establishment and the service that you want to reserve. You can’t make a book reservation by calling a hotel and you can’t make a hotel reservation by calling a restaurant.
- If you have determined what to reserve but don’t know the details, you may look into their website or call their information hotline to ask more details.
- You can make reservations online, or you can call their customer hotline number, or go to the establishment in person.
- If you want to make a reservation by phone, call the establishment’s hotline number and make the reservation form there.
- Provide the date and time for your reservation. They will first check if the time and date is still available and will tell you about it. If it is still available, then it will be booked for you and the reservation agent will ask for your name and contact details. They will also tell you some important information about cancellation, rescheduling, and other stuff.
- Also ask for the name of the person who made the reservation for you. Record their name together with the time and date that you made the reservation. It is also best to ask for a confirmation number if they have one.
Advantages of Making Reservations
- Making reservations makes booking a place for an important event hassle-free. All you have to do is go to the venue, give your name, and it will be ready for you to use.
- You can make sure that you have a place or service to use when you go to a certain place or dine in a certain restaurant.
- You can avoid waiting in long lines since you already made reservations ahead of time.
- You can avoiding running out of limited edition stuff that you want to buy. They just run out real fast, so you have to be quick. But why go through a lot of competition if you can have one reserved for you?
- If there is a thing, like a book that you have been dying to have but it is not yet available in your place, you can have it reserved. When it is available, all you have to do is go to the bookstore, claim your reservation, and pay for it.
- If you have no cash on hand but there is only one copy left of your favorite video game, have it reserved and promise to come back at an agreed time to pay for it. Most establishments would allow you up to 24 hours to pay for it.
FREE 8+ Sample Employee Clearance Forms in MS Word | PDF
FREE 8+ Sample Employee Uniform Forms in MS Word | PDF
FREE 10+ School Admission Form Samples & Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 63+ Sample Application Form Templates in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | MS Word
FREE 7+ Sample Employee Advance Forms in MS Word | PDF
FREE 4+ Employee Performance Appraisal Form Templates in PDF
FREE 20+ Membership Form Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 33+ Consultation Form Samples in PDF
FREE 20+ Coaching Form Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 20+ Student Registration Form Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 29+ Education Form Samples in Google Docs | MS Word | PDF
FREE 10+ Sample Employee Details Forms in MS Word | PDF
FREE 33+ Campus Form Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 20+ Administration Form Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 20+ Case Report Form Samples in PDF