The term ‘grievance’ refers to the formal employee complaint that an employee or group of employees file when they are negatively affected by violations of company policies or terms on their contract agreements. These complaints are commonly filed in unionized companies when the terms and conditions of their employment agreements are not being met while in non-unionized companies, these are filed when a written company policy and procedure has been misapplied or misinterpreted.
FREE 32+ Grievance Form Samples
1. Sample Grievance Form Template
2. Sample Employee Grievance Form Template
3. Sample Grievance Complaint Form Template
4. Sample Formal Grievance Form Template
5. Sample Patient Grievance Form Template
6. Sample Student Grievance Form Template
7. Sample Union Grievance Form Template
8. Sample Disciplinary Grievance Form Template
9. Sample School Grievance Form Template
10. Sample Customer Grievance Form Template
11. Sample Grievance Procedure Form Template
12. Sample Municipal Grievance Form Template
13. Sample Public Grievance Form Template
14. Sample Grievance Report Form Template
15. Sample Grievance Form Blank Template
16. Sample Staff Grievance Form Template
17. Sample Work Grievance Form Template
18. Sample Member Grievance Form Template
19. Sample Community Grievance Form Template
20. Sample Grievance Appeal Form Template
21. Sample Official Grievance Form Template
22. Sample Client Grievance Form Template
23. Sample Recovery Housing Grievance Form Template
24. Sample Constituent Grievance Form Template
25. Sample Non-Faculty Grievance Form Template
26. Sample Grievance Authorization Form Template
27. Sample Medicare Grievance Form Template
28. Sample Institutional Grievance Form Template
29. Sample Family Concerns Grievance Form Template
30. Sample Dental Grievance Form Template
31. Sample Participant Grievance Form Template
32. Sample Internal Grievance Form Template
33. Sample Academic Grievance Form Template
What is a Grievance Form?
A grievance form is a document that an employee use to formally file a complaint against their employer because of a violation of legalities such as company policies, employment contracts, and national standards. Employees expect their employers to provide them with a safe working space, clarity on their roles and responsibilities, adequate staffing compensation plans, and more and grievances occur when there’s a gap between these expectations and what the employees receive from the company.
How to a Process an Employee Grievance
Employers should provide the company’s grievance procedure policy in writing so employees can easily find them such as on their company or employee handbooks, HR or personnel manuals, HR intranet sites, and employment contracts. Complaints are filed against an employee, manager, or team leader to raise issues that concern anything from bullying to harassment. Some of the policies that employees must be knowledgeable about are privacy policies, professional boundaries policies, bullying policies, sexual harassment policies, security policies, and more.
Step 1: Set an Informal Meeting With the Supervisor
Before formally filing a grievance, encourage the team member to communicate first with their manager or immediate supervisor which often resolves the complaint immediately. It is important for companies to provide an organizational chart or structure to provide a clear chain of command.
Step 2: Ask for a Written Formal Grievance and Evaluate
Utilize a grievance form that employees can use in filing grievances in a written format. They can also choose to send an email with the essential information about the grievance. Make sure to keep a record of these complaints and the plans of action taken. Evaluate the filed grievance to determine the appropriate course of action to take.
Step 3: Perform a Formal Investigation
To start a formal investigation, you might need to talk first with the employee who filed the grievance as well as other individuals involved in the complaint. Gather relevant pieces of information to help in thinking about resolutions such as email chains, receipts, and witness testimonies.
Step 4: Write a Formal Conclusion
Once you come up with a resolution, create a formal conclusion based on your results and findings. Inform the employee of your decision and what your strategic action plans are.
What are the best practices when implementing grievance procedures?
The best practices in implementing grievance procedures include providing employees with employee handbooks, conducting meetings with the employees, holding all team members to the same standards, keeping records of employee performance, infractions, and grievances, and offering regular workplace training.
What are the common steps included in a grievance procedure?
A grievance procedure commonly includes steps such as writing a formal letter to the employer to provide the details of the grievance, meeting with employers to discuss the concerns, and appealing to influence the decision of the employers.
What are the common examples of grievances in a workplace?
The common types of grievances in a workplace include issues of bullying and harassment, workplace health and safety, discrimination, work environment, relationships within the workplace, organizational changes, and terms and conditions of employment.
Grievance forms are documents that employers provide to their employees in case they have complaints about their policies and procedures, contract agreements, operational standards, and more. Companies provide grievance procedures to lay out the rules and methods for the proper documentation, presentation, and settling of workplace concerns or disputes. With these procedures, companies can prevent minor complaints or disputes, encourage the development of their policies, enhance company culture, and more.
FREE 6+ Sample Civil Complaint Forms in PDF MS Word
FREE 14+ Sample Letter of Complaints in PDF MS Word | Pages ...
FREE 6+ Harassment Complaint Forms in PDF
FREE 8+ Employee Complaint Forms in PDF Word
FREE 25+ Printable Business Policy Samples in MS Word Pages ...
FREE 10+ Customer Statement Samples [ Mission, Service ...
FREE 8+ Sample Employee Complaint Forms in PDF MS Word
FREE 6+ Banking Ombudsman Complaint Forms in PDF
FREE 13+ Sample Response Letter Templates in PDF MS Word ...
FREE 10+ Work From Home Policy Samples in PDF MS Word ...
FREE 17+ Sample Complaint Letter Templates in Google Docs MS ...
FREE 12+ Complaint Letters Samples in PDF MS Word | Pages ...
FREE 10+ Company Policy Samples in Word Google Docs | Pages ...
FREE 9+ Sample Customer Complaint Form Examples in PDF MS ...
FREE 10+ IT Policy Samples in PDF MS Word