Receipts are common documents that are issued upon payment of availed products and services. They serve as a proof of transaction between the purchaser and business owner. It is simply a list of all the items that were purchased with the corresponding price and total amount that was paid.
As simple as they are, these documents are quite important in the sense that they can be used by the business owner to file for tax returns and inventory. Take a look at all of the Sample Receipts that we have for you and pick the one that you like best.
Security Deposit Receipt Forms
Rental Security Deposit Receipt Form
Landlord Security Deposit Receipt Form
Rent Receipt Forms
House Rent Receipt Form
Room Rent Receipt Form
Cash Receipt Forms
Petty Cash Receipt Form
Cash Payment Receipt Form
Cash Receipt Acknowledgment Form
Sales Receipt Forms
Car Sales Receipt Form
Cash Sales Receipt Form
Sales Receipt Blank Form
Rental Deposit Receipt Forms
Rental Security Deposit Receipt Form
Rental Deposit Return Receipt Form
How do we describe a receipt?
Receipts do not need a ton of introduction because most people already know what and how a receipt looks like. It is basically just a written acknowledgement that the receiving party has received the necessary payments following the sale of an item or service or the transport of goods. It also serves as a written agreement between a buyer and seller. For retail stores, it serves as a tool that proves that the item bought is now the property of the buyer.
These are also used by businesses for filing taxes and for inventory purposes. These simple documents can also be used to track down the sales that occurred and can also be a means of resolving issues should there be any that arise which is related to the transaction.
Purpose of Receipts
Receipts are important for both the purchaser and the retailer. The main goal of a receipt is to keep a record of the transaction. Keeping track of inventory will also become easier with the help of receipts. For deliveries, receipts acknowledge that the items delivered have been received (you may check out Acknowledgement Receipts).
Four Most Common Types of Receipts
A receipt can basically be issued for any type of transaction that involves the act of payment like landscaping, haircuts, or rent-related payments. There are four common types of receipts: (1) receipt of payment, (2) medical receipt, (3) sales receipt, and (4) rent receipt.
Receipt of Payment
When processing transactions, a seller will usually issue a receipt of payment. This type of receipt will have the following fields:
- receipt number,
- amount to be paid,
- the amount received, and
- the mode of payment (cash, check/money order, or credit card).
Remember that it is always important to note down the mode of payment. Here are two reminders* about check/money order payments and credit card payments:
- Check/Money order payments should take note of the check/money order number.
- The type of credit card should also be noted (MasterCard, VISA, American Express, etc.) as well as the last four digits of the card.
(*These reminders are applicable for all types of receipts.)
A medical receipt will take note of medical-related purchases like medicine, prescription drugs, or medical equipment. These receipts will include the following:
- diagnosis code of the patient,
- date of visit,
- consultation time (if visiting a doctor), and
- total payment (consultation fee + medicine purchase).
When you go to shops, stalls, malls, and boutiques to buy items or go shopping, you have more or less received a sales receipt. This receipt will serve as the proof of purchase which will include:
- payment amount,
- date of the transaction,
- description of the item and corresponding price, and
- name of the person who processed the transaction.
A rent receipt is issued by a landlord to a tenant when the latter pays the former. It will include:
- the name of the landlord,
- tenant’s name,
- rental property address,
- period covered by the total rent amount,
- rent amount, and
- start and end date of rent arrangement.
Nowadays, with a ton of online shops popping up, E-receipts are issued whenever a customer makes online purchases. These receipts are usually sent through email.
Delivery Receipt Forms
Vehicle Delivery Receipt Form
Hand Delivery Receipt Form
Sample Delivery Receipt Form
Blank Receipt Forms
Blank Donation Receipt Form
Blank Taxi Receipt Form
Blank Hand Receipt Form
Donation Receipt Forms
Donation Tax Receipt Form
Charitable Donation Receipt Form
Salvation Army Donation Receipt Form
Key Receipt Forms
Tenant Key Receipt Form
Key Return Receipt Form
Office Key Receipt Form
Employee Key Receipt Form
Key Elements of a Sales Receipt
Receipts are more commonly known to be issued by a seller to a buyer. We list down the key elements that are usually included in a receipt.
This section will include the following details:
- Seller’s name or company name,
- Seller’s address; and
- Contact information such as phone number and email address.
These details are usually seen at the top of the receipt, either left-aligned or center-aligned.
You have to always ensure that you write the first and last name of the buyer. This is important especially if the buyer will use this for the purpose of reimbursement.
This will include the usual date format (MM-DD-YY). This is important for tax purposes.
A brief description of the sold items will reflect in this section of the receipt. This will also include the quantity, item code/product number, and other identifying information about the product/service.
The total amount
A breakdown of the amount is usually included. This will include the price of each item bought, taxes, charges and fees, and discounts/promotions. This part makes the sale more valid and more specific.
This part takes note of how the buyer bought the item/service. This will either be in cash, check, credit/debit card.
Signature from the parties involved
Once the receipt has already been filled out or printed and the buyer has made all the necessary payments, the seller may ask the buyer to sign your copy for validation purposes.
You can check out more formats at Sales Receipt Template.
Key Elements of a Rent Receipt
A rent receipt serves as a proof of rent being paid. In creating a rent receipt, the following basic information should be included:
The total amount of rent paid
This could either be the full payment or portion of the month’s rent amount. Should it refer to a portion of the rent, a balance will also reflect on the receipt.
Date the payment was made.
This will help to track whether the tenant has paid on, before, or after the due date for the period.
This will include the tenant’s full name and contact information.
Complete details about the landlord will reflect on the receipt. It will include the full name of the landlord and pertinent contact details such as phone number and email address. This will reflect at the top portion of the rent receipt.
Address of the rental unit
Complete address including the unit number, building name, street, state, city, and zip code should be included.
The pay period of the rent
This will give the period that is covered by the total amount that was due.
The payment method for the rent (cash, check, etc.)
This will help the landlord keep track of all the payments that was made.
The landlord’s signature and the tenant’s signature
This establishes that both parties have come to an agreement about the pay that was made by the tenant.
More information about rent receipts at Rental Receipt Samples.
Money Receipt Forms
Earnest Money Receipt Form
Money Receipt Acknowledgment Form
Rent Money Receipt Form
Repair Receipt Forms
Computer Repair Receipt Form
Auto Repair Receipt Form
Service Receipt Forms
Service Provider Receipt Form
Computer Service Receipt Form
Child Care Service Receipt Form
Printable Receipt Forms
Printable Invoice Receipt Form
Printable Delivery Receipt Form
Payment Receipt Forms
Rent Payment Receipt Form
Sample Payment Receipt Form
Cash Payment Receipt Form
What do we have for you?
We offer a wide variety of Receipt Samples that are available for free directly from our website. Most of these samples are available in PDF file formats which are highly compatible with a lot of devices nowadays. You also need not worry about payments since all of these are Free Receipt Samples.
Let us give you a quick description of the samples that we have for you in this article.
- A Security Deposit Receipt Form is commonly issued by a landlord to his/her new tenant when the security deposit has been deposited for a rental property.
- A Rent Receipt Form is also issued by a landlord whenever a tenant has duly paid his/her rent for the property he/she is renting. You may check out more rent receipt samples at Printable Rent Receipt Samples.
- A Cash Receipt Form is mainly used when cash has been received from some source. The source can either be an individual paying for credit purchases, rent equipment, investments, and other additional funds.
- Once full payment for an availed item or service has been fully paid, a Sales Receipt Form will be issued. This will also state the mode of payment used by the customer. More sales receipt samples can be found at our Sales Receipt Samples article.
- A Delivery Receipt Form will be issued to establish that the goods have been duly delivered to the receiving party. It is usually sent by the post office.
- Whenever a donor has made a contribution to a nonprofit organization, a Donation Receipt Form will be issued to document the donation.
- Once a tenant returns his/her keys the landlord or if a new tenant receives his/her copy of the keys to the new apartment, Key Receipt Forms may be used. This is also applicable for employer-employee arrangements.
- To acknowledge services that were received by the clients, service providers issue Service Receipt Forms. This will contain all of the necessary information about the service provided such as the description of services and the corresponding prices of each item that was provided.
- Payment Receipt Forms serve as a proof of payment. It is a document that assures the buyer that the payment they made has been duly received by the business.
With the help of these descriptions, we are hopeful that you will now have an excellent idea which one is a good fit for your business needs.
FREE 5+ Award Nomination Form Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 10+ Mentor Application Form Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 10+ Tutoring Permission Form Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 10+ Tutorial Request Form Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 14+ Tutor Request Form Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 9+ Tutor Report Form Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 13+ Tutor Registration Form Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 4+ Tutor Observation Form Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 8+ Tutor Information Form Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 13+ Tutor Evaluation Form Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 5+ Tutor Agreement Form Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 10+ Sample Software Request Forms in MS Word | PDF
FREE 4+ Tutor Consent Form Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 10+ Special Education Form Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 14+ Sample Change Order Forms in MS Word | PDF | Google Docs | Pages | Numbers