A budget plan template is a tool used by an individual or organization to track when and how they earn and spend their money, allowing them to monitor their cash flow. By creating a budget plan, you can effectively manage your spending and better understand if your business has enough revenue to pay for its expenditures. With a monthly budget worksheet, you can plan how you will be spending your money every month such as rent, credit card payments, utilities, loan payments, and other expenses that you have to pay on a monthly basis.
50+ Monthly Budget Samples
1. Real Estate Monthly Budget Template
2. Corporate Monthly Budget Template
3. Restaurant Monthly Budget Template
4. Monthly Cash Budget Template
5. Monthly Profit and Loss Budget Template
6. Personal Monthly Budget Template
7. Monthly Budget Tool Template
8. Fillable Monthly Budget Template
9. Simple Monthly Budget Template
10. College Student Monthly Budget
11. Monthly Budget Worksheet Template
12. Basic Monthly Budget Template
13. Financial Health Check Monthly Budget Template
14. Generic Student Monthly Budget Template
15. Monthly Food Budget Template
16. Monthly Budget Planner Template
17. Spending Plan Monthly Budget Template
18. Monthly Budget Track Template
19. Monthly Budget List Template
20. Monthly Household Budget Template
21. Bank Monthly Budget Template
22. Monthly Budget Example
23. Monthly Budget for Kids Template
24. Monthly Budget Activity Template
25. Detailed Monthly Budget Template
26. Editable Monthly Budget Template
27. Business Monthly Budget Template
28. Relocation Monthly Budget Template
29. Teens Monthly Budget Template
30. Monthly Budget Sheet Template
31. Creating Monthly Budget Template
32. Printable Monthly Budget Template
33. Monthly Budget Module Template
34. Monthly Budget in PDF Template
35. Monthly Budget Report Template
36. Family Monthly Budget Template
37. Household Monthly Budget Template
38. Intern Personal Monthly Budget Template
39. Committee Monthly Budget Template
40. General Monthly Budget Template
41. Luxurious Monthly Budget Template
42. Sales Monthly Budget Template
43. Monthly Budget for Adults and Families Template
44. Retirement Monthly Budget Template
45. Insurance Cost Monthly Budget Checklist Form
46. Monthly Budget Analysis Template
47. Monthly Bankruptcy Budget Schedule Template
48. Financial Monthly Budget Template
49. Monthly Budget Performance Report Template
50. Individual Monthly Budget Template
51. Insurance Monthly Family Budget Template
What is a Monthly Budget?
Monthly budgeting is a method that ideally involves spending less money than what you earn every month which leaves you a portion of your salary to save. Budgeting allows you to easily plan your spending before they occur instead of expecting that you will have enough money to cover all of your essential costs and emergencies. As a small business owner, a business budget template helps you in identifying whether you still have enough money to spend on your business operations, expand, and drive income.
How to Create a Monthly Budget
A monthly budget is part of a business management plan and strategic planning to make sure that the business has enough funds to spend on its expenditures every month. With a business budget template, business owners can determine whether they have available capital, estimate their expenditures, and enable them to forecast their revenue. A monthly business budget is a financial plan created to represent the business’ income and expenses history.
Step 1: Determine Your Income Each Month
Start by calculating how much you earn each month to set the limit of how much money you can spend and save monthly. If you are using a budget plan to achieve your personal goals, look for consistent sources of income like your paycheck from your regular job.
Step 2: Create an Estimate of Your Spending
To estimate how much money you spend every month to track your spending. You can divide your expenses into fixed costs and flexible expenses. Fixed costs include rent, salaries, and insurance payments while flexible expenses refer to raw materials and commissions.
Step 3: Create Your Budget Plan
When creating your budget plan, list down various items for each spending category. These categories can be your emergency fund, down payment for a home purchase, or more. You can use your spending history to guide you in creating a budget.
Step 4: Track and Refine Your Budget Plan
Budgeting is not a one-time process. After creating your own budget, make sure to track your expenditures continuously and give the effort to follow your plan. You can review it every six months or once a year to determine your progress and performance, whether you are sticking to it or not. Revise your plan as your expenditures and income change.
What are the benefits of budgeting?
An effective budget informs you of how much revenue you need to make, determines what you have allocated for spending to drive revenue, how much your actual spending is, how much funding you have left, and the number of funds you’ll need for future use based on your sales, profit, and cash flow.
What is the purpose of monthly budget planning?
With monthly budget planning, you can perform goal setting and determine your short and long-term business goals, track your revenue, spending, and cash flow, cut your costs to prevent overspending, prepare your business for busy seasons and slowdowns, and help you maintain consistent financial reports and records.
What are the elements that a budget contains?
A budget plan contains your monthly revenue, expenses which include your fixed expenses and flexible expenses, and profit or income which is the remaining amount after subtracting revenue from your expenses.
A monthly budget is a tool used by businesses or companies to keep track of how and when they earn and spend their money or funds. It enables them to see and understand whether they still have enough incoming money to pay for their business expenses as well as helps them make more informed business and financial decisions. Monthly budgeting is an ongoing process and it is necessary for businesses to review and revise their budget on a monthly or quarterly basis or when changes occur to the business.
FREE 10+ Personal Budget Planner Samples in MS Word | MS Excel | Google Docs | Google Sheets | Apple Numbers | Apple Pages | PDF
FREE 5+ Yearly Budget Planner Samples in PDF | XLS
FREE 10+ Expense Budget Samples in MS Word | Google Docs | Google Sheets | MS Excel | PDF
FREE 4+ Vacation Budget Planner Samples in PDF
FREE 18+ Business Budget Samples in Excel | Google Docs | Google Sheets | MS Word | Numbers | Pages | PDF
FREE 10+ Budget Outline Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 10+ Conference Budget Samples in MS Word | MS Excel | Google Docs | Google Sheets | Apple Pages | PDF
FREE 10+ Monthly Budget Worksheet Samples in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs | Google Sheets | Excel
FREE 10+ Monthly Project Budget Samples in MS Word | MS Excel | Google Docs | Google Sheets | PDF
FREE 10+ Corporate Budget Samples in MS Word | MS Excel | Google Docs | Google Sheets | PDF
FREE 9+ Primary School Budget Samples in MS Word | Google Docs | Google Sheets | MS Excel | PDF
FREE 10+ Household Budget Samples in MS Word | Google Docs | Google Sheets | Excel
FREE 10+ Operational Budget Samples in PDF | DOC
FREE 5+ Budget Layout Samples in PDF
FREE 6+ Paycheck Budget Samples in PDF | MS Word