When you want to sell some of your assets such as your vehicle, house, or firearm, a bill of sale receipt will be of great help. Aside from establishing the existence of the transaction, this document legally transfers all of the rights of the item being sold to the purchaser.
There are eight Sample Receipts in this article that you can use as a guide to drafting your very own bill of sale receipt. With a wide assortment of samples to choose from, you are sure to find one that would suit your preference. Check out all of the samples we have below.
Vehicle Bill of Sale Receipt Example
Bill of Sale Receipt Form
Simple Bill of Sale Receipt
Vehicle Bill of Sale Receipt Form
Example of Bill of Sale Receipt Form
What Is a Bill of Sale?
A bill of sale is basically a legal certificate that transfers the seller’s rights of the property to the new owner or buyer. It records all the necessary information about the sale such as the date of the transaction, the location of the sale, the selling price, the seller, the buyer, etc. It is the legal evidence that proves that both parties have come to an agreement regarding the sale.
Bill of Sale Outline
A bill of sale needs to incorporate all of the necessary details about the sale to ensure that everything is covered and will answer any queries that might arise in the future. A bill of sale will usually include the following:
- Seller’s details such as name, location, and contact number.
- Buyer’s details such as name, location, and contact number.
- Item specifics such as physical attributes, brand, model, year, warranties, insurance, and other pertinent information about the item that may be considered as vital to the sale.
- The date and location* of the sale. (*If the buyer and seller are not in the same area/state, the seller’s location is stated in the bill of sale.)
- The selling price and the currency that was used (see Money Receipt Samples).
- The statement(s) that demonstrate that the sale transfers the rights of the item and that the deal is not illegal in any form.
Bill of Sale Receipt for Boat
New Vehicle Bill of Sale Receipt
Motor Vehicle Bill of Sale Receipt in PDF
Printable Bill of Sale Receipt Form
The Significance of Using a Bill of Sale
- It serves as the confirmation that demonstrates the legitimacy of the sale transaction between the seller and the buyer. This also serves as the proof of payment (see Sample Payment Receipts).
- All the necessary information about the sale transaction, the parties involved, and the item/s sold are stipulated in the bill of sale. This makes issues that might arise easier to trace and resolve.
- It is a great document that both the seller and buyer can use for future transactions such as reselling of the item, filing for government taxes, and credit line applications.
Why Use the Bill of Sale Receipt Samples?
- There’s a wide variety of samples to choose from that can be used in an assortment of circumstances that involve the sale of an asset.
- All samples will give you a wide array of layouts, designs, and outlines that you can use for your own bill of sale receipt.
- The samples available are all downloadable in PDF format directly from this article. They are also offered at no cost so you can download as many samples as you like.
- They do not take up a ton of space in your storage device or computer since they are compact files.
19+ Restaurant Receipt Templates – PDF, Word, Excel
23+ Donation Receipt Templates – PDF, Word, Excel, Pages
7+ Sample Advance Payment Receipts – Word, PDF
27 Free Payment Receipts
42+ Payment Receipt Samples
11+ Business Receipt Templates – Examples in Word, PDF
6+ Contractor Receipt Samples
6+ Sample Rent Payment Receipts
7+ Sample Payment Receipt Forms
5+ Medical Receipt Templates – Free Downloadable Samples, Example, and Formats
9+ Contractor Receipt Template – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
6+ Construction Receipt Templates – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
6+ Sample Photography Receipt Templates
27+ Receipt Templates in Word
7+ Cash Sale Receipt Samples