A personal training contract documents important details regarding the client relationship, such as the services to be delivered, the length of each training session, the cost of each session, and how to terminate the agreement. Companies, trainers, and clients are liable to litigation if conditions (including a formal contract) are not established for personal training services. A personal training contract agreement guarantees that all parties, including the company, the client, and the trainer, carry out their obligations in order to increase the likelihood of a successful relationship. Customers pay you to help them attain their fitness objectives, and a contract makes it easier to handle this process equitably.
10+ Personal Training Contract Samples
A legal agreement between a trainer and a customer is called a personal training contract. It’s a contract that seeks to understand the nature of the partnership and the terms and conditions that apply to it. There are various ways a personal trainer might help a client, according to an online page on personal training by the University of Washington. Customizing an individual’s exercise program, creating fitness or health goals, reducing or gaining weight, monthly conditioning or regular activity, and training for a specific sport are just a few examples.
1. Personal Training Contract Sample
2. Class or Personal Training Contract
3. Editable Personal Training Contract
4. Fitness Personal Training Contract
5. Professional Personal Training Contract
6. Student Personal Training Contract
7. General Personal Training Contract
8. Formal Personal Training Contract
9. Standard Personal Training Contract
10. Personal Training Purchase Contract
11. Fitness Personal Training Contract Sample
- Supervision – Having your own personal fitness trainer can be really beneficial. The most significant advantage of hiring a personal coach or trainer is the opportunity for meaningful mentorship. Not only will you receive one-on-one training, but your regular contacts with your trainer will also provide you with a wealth of knowledge and information. Personal fitness coaches can show you how to work out properly. They can help you with your workout regimens and gym equipment usage. You will gradually build confidence in your program without the trainer’s presence if you are properly supervised.
- Expertise – Having a personal trainer gives you access to technical expertise as well as the ability to learn new talents. You get to see your coach’s knowledge and experience up close and personal with one-on-one training. A good mentor can help you improve in a variety of ways. When it comes to fitness trainers, the best ones aren’t just there to push you physically; they’re also there to help you grow psychologically and emotionally.
- Flexible arrangement – People that use personal training services, as opposed to typical gym goers, have more flexibility in their schedules. Of course, it depends on the trainer’s availability, but most of the time, the client’s schedules are met and prioritized. In the context of the continuing pandemic, a flexible training arrangement is extremely important. Many health aficionados are turning to at-home workouts as gyms and indoor training facilities continue to be subjected to lockdowns and inconsistent operation hours due to public health concerns. You can work out in the privacy and comfort of your own home by hiring a personal trainer.
- Motivation – Having a personal coach by your side can be a powerful source of inspiration. They can motivate and inspire you to accomplish your best and give everything you’ve got. Every now and then, everyone needs a little motivation. Having a personal trainer can help you achieve meaningful, long-term improvements by providing you with support and discipline. A personal trainer may serve as both a motivator and a collaborator in keeping you accountable. When you’re accountable to someone else, especially someone whose job it is to keep you on track, you’ll feel a stronger dedication to your health and fitness goals.
- Targeted plan – The tailored plan that many personal trainers are obligated to build for you is one of the benefits of having one. A tailored plan, depending on the type of program you enrolled in, could mean the difference between achieving your objectives and not. Trainers take into account your individual needs and preferences in order to assist you achieve the best possible results. You may be confident that other sorts of trainers, such as life coaches and professional development coaches, are trained or required to provide you advise and guide you in taking the most appropriate measures to help you achieve whatever goals you may have.
When to present your contract?
After you’ve completed a client questionnaire or a discovery session, it’s preferable to offer the contract. It’s at this moment that you’ll devise a strategy to assist your client in achieving their objectives. It’s also a good moment to talk about the terms and conditions of your company’s personal training program. If customers aren’t ready to sign the contract when you present your training plan, your agreement will serve as a useful reference document while you follow up with them. You begin to elicit any objections or reservations you may have about your terms, allowing you to get on the same page.
Do we really need a personal training agreement?
Contracts for personal training can be formed verbally, in writing, or through other means of communication. A formal agreement, on the other hand, is legally enforceable and provides additional protection and accountability for all parties. While using a contract isn’t required, we strongly advise you to do so to reduce risk.
If you want to see more samples and formats, check out some personal training contract samples and templates provided in the article for your reference.
FREE 10+ Coaching Contract Sample Templates
FREE 9+ Sample Health and Fitness Disclaimers
FREE 9+ Sample Personal Trainer Resume Templates
FREE 9+ Gym Membership Contract Samples
FREE 8+ Coaching Contract Samples
FREE 8+ Sample Independent Agreement Contracts
FREE 7+ Sample Personal Invoice Templates
FREE 52+ Sample Contract Templates
FREE 20+ Simple Investment Contract Samples
FREE 19 Training Certificates
FREE 12+ DJ Service Contract Templates
FREE 11+ Training Planner Samples
FREE 9+ Employee Contract Samples
FREE 9+ Short-Term Investment Contract Samples
FREE 6+ Sample Training Assessment Forms