A deed is referred to as a legal document that serves as an instrument used regarding the transfer, assignment, or bargain of a property or rights. Deeds need to be signed, sealed, and delivered so that it will be considered valid. Deeds are often associated with property transfers, like transferring the ownership of the title of a property to another.
A deed of assignment is one type of deed that is used not only in legal practices but also in the business industry during sale and transfer transactions. We will be touching on this important legal document in this article. Select deed of assignment samples and templates have been included in this article for your convenience. You may download these sample and templates for free. Useful information like what it is, its uses, its components, and many more are available here. Feel free to check them out below.
Editable Deed of Assignment
Sample Deed of Assignment
Bank Deed of Assignment Sample Template
Company Deed of Assignment
Simple Deed of Assignment Template
Sample Assignment of Intellectual Property Rights (Pro-Assignee)
Printable Deed of Assignment Sample
Deed of Assignment of Shipbuilding
What Is a Deed of Assignment?
A deed of assignment is a document that contains the details of a transaction that involves the transfer of ownership of a property from one entity to another. It works just like that of an agreement because a deed of assignment involves two parties in it who both need to agree to the terms and conditions of the assignment. The word transfer best determines or best describes what a deed of assignment is.
There will always be two parties involved in a deed of assignment and they are the assignee and the assignor. The the person or party who makes the transfer their rights to another person or party is called the assignor. The person who gets or receives the rights to a property or thing from the assignor is called the assignee. Both parties are important in the completion of a deed of assignment.
The concept of a deed of agreement is very similar to that of a legal agreement or legal contract, where there is a party who creates an offer and another party who accepts the offer. To learn more about deeds and other related topic, you may check out our website view them from there. To name a few examples are quit claim deeds, mortgage deeds, and sample grant deeds form.
How Is a Deed of Assignment Different from That of a Deed of Sale?
A deed of sale is also a form of document that transfers one’s rights on a property or thing to another. That is exactly the same as a deed of assignment. They may be used for the same reason, which is to transfer property rights, but there is still a difference between a deed of assignment and a deed of sale, which is evident in the details of each document and how they work. The following is a comparison that will help you understand their differences easily.
- A deed of sale is used mainly in real estate businesses to transfer the rights of the real estate holder, which is the seller, to that of the buyer once full payment for the real estate property is made. This transfer involves monetary payment by the buyer to the seller for the said real estate property. In a deed of assignment, the transfer of rights to a property may or may not require the assignee to make a payment for the said property nor does the assignor ask for payment for it.
- The buyer and the seller need to comply to the terms and conditions of the sales contract and they must do their share of responsibilities or obligations while the contract is still ongoing and even if the transfer has been completed. This is not the case in a deed of assignment. The transfer of rights is absolute, which means that once the transfer has been completed, the assignor no longer has anything to do with the property rights that they have transferred to another. In other words, they have totally given up all their rights to the said property or thing.
- A deed of sale is recognized by the law as the purchase or sale of a property, rather than a transfer of the rights of that property.
- A deed of sale may be seen as a takeover of rights while a deed of assignment may be seen as a transfer of responsibilities.
Uses of a Deed of Assignment
What are the uses of a deed of assignment? There are a number of things that a deed of assignment is used for and they are as follows:
- A deed of assignment is used as an evidence that a certain transfer transaction has taken place between an assignor and the assignee.
- It is a document used to show that the assignor has transferred all of their rights, claims, interests, and ownership of a certain property to the assignee.
- It is a proof of the assignor’s promise that they are transferring their rights and ownership to the property to the assignee.
- A deed of assignment is not only used to transfer one’s rights to another, but it is also used to transfer the responsibilities or obligations of the assignor to the assignee. These responsibilities or obligations come together with the ownership and rights to the said property.
Real estate businesses and other businesses involved in the sale and purchase of different kinds of properties commonly use a deed of assignment together with other important legal documents, like real estate sales contract samples, property sales contract samples and templates, and home sales contract samples and templates.
What Are the Components of a Deed of Assignment?
There are a lot of components of a deed of assignment and it is important that you know of these components if you are going to study or get involved in one. Below is the list of the components of a deed of assignment that you need to know.
- The introduction, which includes the date when the assignment is made and signed, the commencement, the names of both the parties involved, and the recital
- The operative part, which includes the testatum or the witnesses, and other clauses like receipt clause, the consideration, the word grant, the parcel, the capacity of both the vendor and the covenant for the title, exceptions and reservations, and habendum
- Other miscellaneous clauses like the covenant for indemnity, both for assignor and assignee
- The testimonies
- The schedules
- The execution of the deed
Pipeline Company Deed of Assignment Sample
Deed of Assignment Form with Instructions
Deed of Assignment of Contractor’s Financial Benefits
Deed of Assignment of Tenancy
Deed of Assignment of Trademark
Deed of Assignment: Executors to Beneficiary
Deed of Assignment and Undertaking
How to Create a Deed of Assignment
Believe it or not, you can create a deed of assignment on your own. You just need the right steps to guide you and the appropriate resources to help you have it done. Below are some easy-to-follow steps that you will really find useful.
- Decide what your deed of assignment is going to be about. Think of the details that you want to include in it that specifically has something to do with its transfer.
- If you must, list down these details and other specifications that you want to include in your deed of assignment.
- Once you have that decided or identified, go online and look for a deed of assignment template that contains the same details and specifications that you need, or a template that is similar to what you need.
- When you already found the template, download it to your computer or laptop. Also check if it the file type is supported by the applications you have on your computer or laptop, like Word or PDF.
- Open the downloaded file. If you need to change anything, or add and remove some parts, feel free to do so. Just make sure that it does not change the meaning of the paragraph, sentence, or part that you made changes to.
- When you are satisfied with the changes that you have made, go back to the very first page and review your work. Make sure that everything is covered in your document.
- After finalizing your work, save the changes that you have made. Saving your work allows you to retrieve it later on if you have a need for it in the future.
- Print enough copies that you need for your transaction.
Now you should have a deed of assignment of your own with your preferred details. Things get pretty easy and convenient with the use of templates. It is just like the one we did above. To get hold of other useful templates, feel free to visit our website and check a variety of templates from there. Other titles you may be interested in are Quit Claim Deed Samples, Investment Contract Samples & Templates, and Shareholders Agreement Samples and Templates.
Advantages of Deed of Assignment Templates
With the steps above, you probably have an idea how great templates are. But its greatness does not stop there because more of it are in store for you. Below is a list of some of the advantages of a deed of assignment template.
- There are different varieties of deed of of assignment templates online so you can look for the template that is just right for your needs.
- The templates are from reliable and trusted sources so you are sure that the one you will find online is capable of handling your situation.
- Using ready-made templates ensures that the deed of assignment produced is one that is complete.
- The creation of the document becomes fast and convenient for anyone who wishes to make their very own deed of assignment.
- The use of the templates is highly recommended because of its level of accuracy, which is belied to be little to no mistakes at all.
That is a lot of advantages that you can get from these templates. Another good thing is, even with just sample on hand, you can pretty much get the same advantages similar to that of templates. If you find this article helpful, you will also love other articles that we offer on our website. To name a few are Asset Purchase Agreement Samples and Templates, Essential Financial Statements for Your Business, and Legal Bill of Sale.
21+ Nondisclosure Agreement Samples and Examples – PDF, Word
26+ Non-Disclosure Agreement Templates – PDF, Word
22+ Non-Disclosure and Non-Compete Agreement Template – PDF, Word
13+ Nondisclosure Agreement Samples – PDF, Word
14+ Nondisclosure and Noncompete Agreement Samples – PDF, Word
29+ Sample Non Disclosure Agreements
15+ Non Disclosure Agreement Samples
23+ Confidentiality Agreement Samples & Templates
11+ Confidentiality Agreement Samples
7+ Confidentiality Agreement Samples
13+ Sample Service Level Agreements
10+ Security Agreement Samples and Templates – PDF, Word
16+ Sample Partnership Agreements
15+ General Partnership Agreement Samples
18+ Partnership Agreement Samples, Templates, Examples