When it comes to gauging where the company stands financially, balance sheets will serve as an excellent reference. These are considered to be one of the most essential and major financial statements that companies make use of. It keeps a record of how much money comes in and out of the company and if all the expenses match and are balanced. These documents are profoundly imperative when the organization or company needs to make a report of what they own and what they owe to the government.
This article will show you seven balance sheet examples that you can use when you want to make your own financial report. New businesses, accountants, and even students can make use of all these Sample Sheets. You may browse through the samples below.
Sample Balance Sheet in PDF
Format of Balance Sheet in PDF
Example of Balance Sheet in PDF
Blank Balance Sheet in PDF
What Are Included in a Balance Sheet?
The following are the basic inclusions in an Accounting Balance Sheets.
Assets are basically everything that the company owns. These are the company’s property that have been acquired through transactions and can be communicated through monetary means. Assets can be classified as the following:
- Current Assets – These are items owned that are convertible to cash within one calendar year such as cash, receivables, and inventories.
- Fixed Assets – These are properties that are permanent in nature like land, buildings, and equipment.
- Other Assets – These are properties that are considered to be intangible.
Liabilities basically mean all the debts that the company owes a creditor. These can be classified into two:
- Current Liabilities – These are the debts or the amount the company owns that are due for payment within one year from the date of the balance sheet.
- Long-Term Liabilities – These are the debts that are payable more than a year from the balance sheet date.
Net worth or equity is considered to be the book value of the company. It can be computed by taking the difference between the assets and liabilities.
- Owner’s/Stockholder’s Investment – All investments in cash and/or equipment made by owner or stockholder.
- Retained Earnings – These are the net profit or net losses retained in the business from the previous year.
- Net Profit – The year’s current net profits.
Consolidated Balance Sheet in PDF
Printable Balance Sheet in PDF
Simple Balance Sheet in PDF
Small Business Balance Sheet
Balance Sheet Purpose
Balance sheets will give you a clear understanding regarding where the organization stands concerning its financial status. It gives the user or clients an idea of the condition relating to finances including the organization’s monetary strengths and capacities, and the organization’s obligations as well. This record is the document that an organization or company will submit to banks and other accredited creditors should they want to be allowed a credit advance.
Using the Sample Balance Sheet Templates
- Utilizing the sheets in this article can help spare you a great deal of time since you can simply follow or alter the design demonstrated in the layout of the template.
- These template guarantee that you won’t miss any essential detail particularly since balance sheets need to be made with utmost care.
- These templates are available in PDF file format. They are pretty simple to follow by simply copy-pasting the layout when you are making your own balance sheet samples.
- They are all available for free.
Once you are done making your own financial reports, you are now ready to submit these to your local SEC, banks, creditors, investors, and even upload these to your website.
You may also see Sample Expense Sheets.
22+ Asset Worksheet Templates – PDF, Excel
10+ Accounting Spreadsheet Samples and Templates – PDF, XLS
14+ Interview Worksheet Templates – PDF
16+ Inspection Worksheet Templates – PDF, Excel
14+ Overtime Worksheet Templates – PDF, Word, Excel
8+ Password Spreadsheet Templates – PDF, Word
9+ Monthly Spreadsheet Samples & Templates – PDF, Excel
11+ Hourly Worksheet Samples & Templates – PDF, Excel
7+ Accounts Receivable Spreadsheet Samples and Templates – Excel, Word
6+ Financial Spreadsheet Templates – PDF, Excel
10+ Daily Worksheet Templates – PDF, Word
22+ Payroll Templates in Excel
3+ Sales Prospecting Sheet Samples and Templates – PDF, Excel
6+ Debt Spreadsheet Samples & Templates – PDF, Excel
12+ Cash Flow Spreadsheet Samples and Templates – PDF