Listing down things is a time-tested strategy for us to better understand and remember whatever matter it is we are dealing with. There are several daily tasks and goals which would be easier to accomplish if one is to create a list.
Whether you are about to create a grocery list, a service list, or a to-do list, then you must be concerned with saving time spent on conceptualizing how to categorize or arrange your list. In order to help show you the efficient method of creating lists, we are providing you with a variety of list templates that you may download easily. These templates are specifically created for various listing needs. What are you waiting for? Scroll down below and start downloading our templates now!
Free Grocery Lists
Basic Grocery List
Printable List for Grocery
Healthy Grocery List
Free Price Lists
List for Salon Price
Beauty Price List
List for Product Price
Photography Price List
What Is a List?
A list is an enumeration of certain items that are related to each other. A list can contain various items depending on the purpose of its creation. A list can simply be made as a mere reference or it can be a part of a more formal document such as project proposals, business plans, etc.
- Know the reason why you are making a list. Are you writing a list so that your grocery shopping would be done in a fast and efficient manner? Perhaps you are making a task list for your work?
- Identify the factors that can influence how you are able to maximize the use of your list.
- Arrange your list in such a way that is convenient to your purpose. For instance, if you are making a list of the topics you need to study for one semester, then you start by dividing your list per subject. Under each subject, divide it by main subheadings or topics. Under each topic, you can then enumerate the concepts, ideas, or subtopics that you need to study. Specificity and organization are indeed important in making lists.
- Follow a proper list template that fits the kind of list you are making. Refer to our easily downloadable collection of to-do list templates.
Free Packing List
Shipping Packing List
List for Holiday Packing
Vacation Packing List Template
List for Export Packing
Free Contact List
Customer Contact List
Contact List for Employee
Emergency Contact List
Contact List for Business
How to Create a List
You may or may not be inclined to rely on lists for your daily tasks or goals. Some people tend to be more drawn to making lists than others. However, that shouldn’t stop you from exploring the art and efficiency of list-making. The process of making lists can be long or brief depending on the type of lists being made. Below are some rules that may be helpful to you in the act of creating lists:
- First and foremost, you must know what type of list you are going to make. To do this, ask yourself what is the reason for making the list in the first place. A list can simply be for personal reference or it can be a guide for your daily tasks.
- Envision the items or objects that you are going to list down.
- When you already have an idea on how to go about your list, you can then proceed on determining the categories for these items. For instance, if you are going to make a grocery list, then you must categorize it according to dry goods, meat, poultry, condiments, etc.
- Follow a proper list template that fits the kind of list you are making. Download our website’s collections of list sample word and list sample Excel templates.
- Write down the label of your list. Examples of the most commonly prepared list labels are the following:
- “Grocery List”
- “To-do List”
- “Weekly Goals”
- “Books-to-Read List”
- “Movies-to-Watch List”
- “Event Planning List”
- If necessary, write down a brief description of what your list is for.
- Then you may proceed on writing each item under the category that it belongs to.
- When you are done listing down all the items, check your list.
- Add or remove items as you deem necessary.
Free Action List
Meeting Action List
Project Action Sample List
Daily Action List Template
Free Attendance List
Monthly Attendance List
List for Meeting Attendance
Blank Attendance Sample List
List for Classroom Attendance
Free Activity List
Project Activity Sample List
List for Weekly Activity
The Importance of Listing
There are several claims regarding the importance of listing things down. Below are some of the most notable advantages of making lists:
- The physical act of listing down things can better help you in remembering the items you are listing down. This particular benefit of making lists is especially important for those who are making a task list. If you write down the tasks that you need to complete at a specific time, the physical act of writing can better help your brain move the concept of each task from your short-term memory to your long-term memory. Thus in a way, it helps you save time and effort that is usually spent on trying to remember each task.
- When you have a list to look at, it would be easy for you to keep track of your progress and make sure that you are able to perform each task on the time allotted for it.
- After you have used your list, you can then keep this list as reference for future needs.
Free Reference List
List for Job Reference
Sample Reference List
Free Vendor List
Wedding Vendor List
Blank Vendor Contact List Sample
List for Catering Equipment
Free Class List
Sample Class List
Multipurpose Class List
List for Daily Task
Project Task List
List for Weekly Task
Benefits of Using Lists
Lists can benefit numerous individuals, organizations, and entities. Below are some of the benefits of using lists:
- A list is used by business owners prior to creating a business plan.
- A task list is useful for regular employees for them to be able to stay focused on their deadlines.
- A list is useful for project managers to ensure that they stay organized during the execution of the project plan.
- A list is used by students who are studying for their exams.
- A list is used by human resource managers in order to assess the factors that are influencing the productivity of their employees.
To know more about the advantages of using lists, check out our collections of to-do list sample word and sample shopping list templates that are available for download.
FREE 7+ Rreferences List Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ Daily to do List Sample in PDF
FREE 10+ Tier List Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ Daily To Do List Templates in PDF
FREE 10+ Supply List Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ Subcontractor List Samples in PDF | DOC
FREE 10+ Grocery Shopping List Samples in MS Word | Google Docs | PDF
FREE 10+ Child Care Waiting List Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ Professional Contact List Samples in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs
FREE 10+ Editable Grocery List Samples in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs
FREE 10+ Emergency Contact List Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ Santa List Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ Travel Packing List Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ Birthday Wish List Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ To-Do List Samples in PDF