Ever had to take a test in school? Well, a test plan is basically part of a teacher’s lesson plan, and the importance of a lesson plan is usually overlooked. A test plan is basically the thing used as a means of reference when making a test or evaluation plan.
A test plan is basically a project plan, in which they both follow a step-by-step instruction as to how to create a certain plan for a certain situation. Now, the essential elements of a project plan or a test plan will be discussed later in this article.
Sample Test Plan
Regression Test Plan
Software Test Plan
Performance Test Plan
Test Plan Outline
Unit Test Plan
How to Write a Test Plan?
- create a short introduction to the test plan;
- identify the purpose of the test plan;
- as of any test, indicate the materials needed for the test;
- write the actual test section of the test plan;
- list down features you aren’t testing for;
- identify the test strategy you will be using for the test plan; and
- identify the standards for passing or failing the test.
What Is a Test Strategy?
A test strategy is basically a guideline or a set of instructions the tester follows so as to ensure that the product does indeed meets the company’s standards and the required level of safety the law requires the product to pass. A testing strategy consists of product managers, product testers, and product developers. In most cases, a testing plan is done to software. These tests are referred to as a software test plan where the product testers will be identifying any flaws or errors the product may have.
Any test plan can be related to a teacher’s lesson plan. In comparison, a teacher’s lesson plan outline is quite similar to how product testers view their test.
Basic Test Plan
Software Project Test
Sample Test Plan
Tips on Answering the Test Plan
Designing a test plan can be like designing an emergency action plan wherein the goal is to be able to accomplish the task as efficiently as possible. When writing or designing a test plan, you must do the following:
- Treat every test question as a serious matter, since it is required by law that the product be screened through a rigorous test for defects.
- Gather as much relevant information to the test as possible, information being what to test the product for.
- Identify any defects of the product. The purpose of the test is to identify any and all defects.
- Be as thorough and precise for each test criteria.
- Always be specific, whether the product has passed the company’s test or if it has failed the test and the batch should be recycled or remade.
For more sample plans about testing a product, just visit the site and search for more sample plans. And why not learn about other plans as well. Just browse and learn new things about your everyday documents.
9+ Sample Validation Plan Templates
9+ Sample Recruiting Plan Templates
9+ Sample Disaster Recovery Plan Templates
27+ Work Plans in Word
9+ Sample Lesson Plans
7+ IQ Chart Templates
7+ Sample Software Business Plan Templates
12+ Sample Product Plan Templates
6+ Company Plan Samples & Templates
14+ Sample Physical Education Lesson Plans
8+ Transition Plan Templates
10+ Career Assessment Templates
Sample Business Analysis
9+ Work Plan Templates
10+ Security Operational Plan Samples