Employees are the backbone of the company. Without employees, there will be no productivity for the business. In short, if there is no productivity, the company will not earn anything. This is why you should give value to your employees. However, it cannot be denied as well that there are times when employees do mess up, whether or not they do it on purpose.
There are a variety of reasons why an employee might be issued a warning letter. Usually, it is due to misconducts and other behaviors deemed to be unacceptable in the workplace. As the name of the document suggests, its purpose is to inform the employee about why the warning is being served and what are the consequences should there be any.
Warning Notice Sample Template
If you are currently looking for a quick and easy guide about when and how to issue an employee warning notice, you have come to the right website! We are going to share with you guidelines as well as tips about why these notices are considered to be important in the workplace.
We even have high quality and free notice form samples that you can use as reference should you want to make a new notice form for your company or update the existing one you have. Just make sure that you keep scrolling down to see what we have in store for you!
Warning Notice to Employee Sample
Printable Employee Warning Form
Sample Employee Warning Notice
Employee Warning Notice to Download
Student Employee Warning Notice
County Employee Warning Notice Sample Letter
What Is an Employee Warning Notice?
When an employee receives an employee warning notice in the workplace, it does not necessarily mean that he/she is a bad employee. Instead, it is more like a means of letting them know that they have a chance to remedy or find a solution to the offense or misconduct they have committed. Each and every one of the employees in a company should be given a chance. People will make mistakes as no one is perfect.
An employee warning notice is basically a document that the HR department issues to an employee being warned. It is mainly used to let an employee know why he/she is being warned. It is handed alongside other documents that has relevant information regarding the reason why the warning is being issued. Remember to follow the proper protocol with regards to issuing these notices.
It is important that you review the company policies that you have in order for the whole warning process to be as smooth as possible. Typically, the direct supervisor or manager is the one who manages and conducts the whole warning process.
The Importance of an Employee Warning Notice
Ensuring that an employee knows all the ins and outs about why there is a warning being issued to him/her is part of proper office etiquette. Never make any corrective action without giving out an employee warning form or else your employee will be taken by surprise. This also ensures that you are following the correct disciplinary actions which can in turn help avoid any major problems.
Here are some of the reasons why it is important to issue employee warning notice:
- Unless an employee is employed at-will, you cannot fire him/her for a mistake he/she has done, especially if it’s the first offense. The notice will serve as documentation that the authorized bodies in the workplace are aware of the offense and that proper actions are to be implemented to correct the offense.
- The warning notice can actually serve as a wake up call for the employee to start evaluating himself/herself. It just might be the push that he/she needs to start doing better at work.
- It is a corrective tool that can make the employee aware of the actions he/she makes in the workplace, which can in turn make him/her more careful about what he/she does in the workplace.
- Your employee will appreciate it more if you warn them first instead of directly firing them for the mistakes they make. Plus, it gives you a more positive image compared to companies who just directly fire employees even for the most minor mistakes they make. You can also lessen the chances of losing excellent employees.
- Giving your employees a warning notice actually gives the impression that you care for them.
Circumstances That May Need an Employee Warning Notice
There is a wide variety of office situations that may need a warning notice. Some of these circumstances are as follows:
- Non-performance of assigned duties and responsibilities
- Indecent actions in the workplace
- Felony such as theft of office property
- Falsification of documents
- Damage to company property
- Threatening colleagues
- Consuming liquor while in the premises of the company
- Working while under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Consequent tardiness
- Constant absence
- Unauthorized undertime
- Unauthorized breaks
- Not being in the assigned office area for long periods
- Defacing office property
- Smoking within the company premises
- Gambling inside the office premises
What is considered to be an offense to one company may not be considered as one in another as policies vary from company to company. Some of the offenses listed may even be considered as major offenses wherein instead of a warning notice, a termination notice may be issued.
Just always remember to review the company policies, employee handbooks, and the employment contract to check what are considered to be minor and major offenses, as well as what the corresponding corrective actions that are needed to be implemented to rectify the mistakes.
Free Employee Discipline Warning Notice
Sample Employee Warning Notice Form
Fillable Employee Warning Notice Form
Corporate Employee Warning Notice Example in PDF
Simple Employee Warning Notice Template
Employee First Warning Notice Form
When to Issue an Employee Warning Notice
When it comes to issuing employee warnings, you should already know how to do it and when it should be done. You have to know when the right time should be. It will vary depending on the company however. It will generally be given when there are incident reports.
The usual process of conducting warnings in the office setting are as follows:
Again, to ensure that you are following the correct disciplinary procedure in your company, review the policies and the handbook of your company. You may also consult with the HR department in case you are still unsure about when you can issue a warning notice to the employees.
Once you are sure that you will be writing a warning notice, make sure you have all the relevant information. Usually, the form will ask for the following details:
- Name of the employee
- The nature of the offense (minor or major)
- The details about the warning such as the date and the time
- Consequence or corrective actions to be taken
- Future consequence in case offense is committed again
In writing the details about the warning, you have to be very specific especially with the date and time. This ensures accuracy with regards to your notice and everyone who will get to read it will find it easy to understand as to why such circumstance had to happen. This is to ensure that misinterpretations will be avoided at all times and that the warned employee will not take it the wrong way.
Using the Employee Warning Notice Templates
Now that you have a wider perspective and understanding about what an employee warning notice is, when and how to issue them, it’s about time you start making your own notice that you can use in the company should a particular situation need one.
Making use of the employee warning notice samples that we have for you in this article is as easy as pie! All of the samples can be downloaded at no cost? Yes, they are all for free! Awesome, right?
How to download? Simple! Just follow these instructions:
- Choose the sample that you want to base your notice template on.
- You can find a green DOWNLOAD button beside the sample/s you have chosen. Click that button.
- You will notice that after clicking on the download button, you will be asked to fill out a simple captcha. Click on the VERIFY button.
- After clicking the VERIFY button, you will now see a red DOWNLOAD button. Click on it and you will be asked to save the file.
There you have it! Wasn’t that easy? You can download as many samples as you can. Simple as that, and you will now have a sample that you can use as a reference for making your very own employee warning notice!
45 Free Notice Samples & Templates
14+ Abandonment Notice Templates – PDF, Word
10+ Bulk Sale Notice Samples and Templates – PDF, Word
10+ Final Notice Samples and Templates – PDF
11 Birth Notice Samples & Templates
5 Notice Templates of Copyright Infringement Samples & Templates
How to Give Notice to Employees Who Are Unqualified for Christmas Bonus
14 Renewal Notice Samples & Templates
10 Resignation Notice Samples & Templates
13 Effective Employee Management Strategy Samples & Templates
10 Tenancy Notice Samples & Templates
10 Layoff Notice Samples & Templates
10 Copyright Notice Samples & Templates
Notice of Termination Due to False Employee Information
6+ Two Week Notice Email Samples