Employee performance appraisal process is very essential among organizations to help boost their productivity and the and efficiency of the result. It is mostly an annual process wherein an employee’s performance and productivity is being evaluated to see if it is aligned with the objectives set by the organization. Also, performance management should be observed because it does not only determine the factors that would tell about the employee’s wage and promotion, it also evaluates each of every employee’s strengths, skills, and shortcomings in an accurate manner. However, in most cases in an employee appraisal, it would be rare enough to put to good use since most of the existing performance appraisals would fail to analyze the results of their performance. In order to prevent performance appraisals from becoming useless, human resource managers should help in improving the previous process and try to implement specific methods in which we will talk about later.
10+ Appraisal Evaluation Samples
1. Applicant Appraisal Form Evaluation Template
2. Performance Appraisal Program Evaluation
3. Statement of Appraisal Evaluation
4. Supervisor Appraisal Evaluation
5. Real Estate Appraisal Evaluation Policy
6. Teacher Performance Appraisal Evaluation
7. Training Policy Appraisal Evaluation
8. Independent Appraisal Evaluation
9. Classroom Teacher Appraisal Evaluation
10. Employee Performance Appraisal Evaluation
11. Performance Appraisal Evaluation Assessment
Most businesses, big or small, will find it necessary to conduct an employee appraisal evaluation on a regular basis. It is usually conducted annually and would typically include reviews about the employee’s work, habits, and performance and compare it to the expectations of the company. The results of the evaluation are mostly the key consideration or the basis of promotion, bonuses, and salary increase. Having evaluations would help the employees to understand what is really expected of them, how they could improve their communication between the management and the employees and how they could give employees appreciation or recognition for their work.
How to Conduct an Appraisal Evaluation?
In order to evaluate an employee effectively, every company must prepare a standard evaluation framework that will serve as a basis and review each of them in opposition to the metrics. Listed below is a guide in evaluating employees:
- Set performance standards – it is always a necessity to set performance standards that will provide you an outline of what a specific employee is expected to do and accomplish and how a particular work is supposed to be done. The standards set by the company must the one being applied to each of the employees who hold the same position. The performance standards should also be achievable and should relate on the employee’s job description.
- Set goals – you should also set goals that would appear to be clear among all the employees. Goals are said to be particular when it comes to strengths and weaknesses of the employees. This can also help them in improving their skills and learn more.
- Take some notes that you find beneficial throughout the year – try to track the performance of your employees. It is preferred to keep a performance file to each one of them. These files could be their noted accomplishments and incidents, both positive and negative. You may also provide a feedback to the employees when they are performing better.
- Be prepared – when it is about time to give an appraisal evaluation, it would be best to prepare for a meeting earlier so that you can have more time to have a review of the documentation and take some notes about what you have to discuss with the employee.
- Be honest and specific when providing criticisms – you should always be honest and straight to the point when giving feedbacks. Do not sugarcoat as it will usually create confusion.
- Don’t compare one employee to another – the main purpose of an appraisal evaluation is to make a review of the performance of each employees in relation to the standards to the company. It is not helpful if you compare one employee to another because it will certainly lead to an unhealthy competition.
- Evaluate the performance – you should focus on the performance, not on the person’s personality. If you focus on their personality, they would usually feel more attacked. Do not make criticism personal.
- Create a conversation – a good appraisal evaluation should have conversation between the two of you. Find time to listen to their concerns. This would help them grow as a person and as an employee in the company.
- Ask questions – asking specific questions could help foster productive conversations with the employees.
- Give ongoing feedback – giving feedback to see how the employees are working can help boost their morale and would eventually keep them on track.
What is the purpose of a performance evaluation?
This helps the employees to better understand what is being expected of them, gives feedback to employees to help them improve their performance in the future, helps employees and managers plan for the future of their employees and gives objective reviews based on the standards.
What do performance reviews mostly include?
It usually includes manager’s evaluation based on the performance of the employee as well as self-evaluation conducted by an employee.
What are the methods of performance appraisal?
It includes Management by Objectives (MBO), 360 degree feedback, Assessment Center Method, and Behaviorally Anchored Rating Scale.
If you want to see more samples and format, try to check some of the appraisal evaluation samples and templates to be guided.
FREE 15+ Appraisal Letter Samples
FREE 13+ Sample HR Evaluation Forms
FREE 9+ Sample Program Evaluation Forms
FREE 9+ Sample Employee Self Evaluation
FREE 9+ Self Appraisal Templates
FREE 8+ Sample Employee Appraisal Forms
FREE 8+ Sample Employee Performance Review
FREE 7+ Sample Performance Self-Evaluation Forms
FREE 6+ Sample Job Performance Evaluation
FREE 6+ Sample 360 Evaluations
FREE 57+ Evaluation Forms
FREE 11+ Sample Performance Evaluation Forms
FREE 10+ Appraisal Report Samples
FREE 10+ Self Assessment Samples
FREE 9+ Performance Appraisal