When you have sensitive, valuable data in your hands, you do not want just anyone to have access to it. You need to make sure that it only gets to the hands of the people you truly trust. Furthermore, you need those people who have access to it to not carelessly divulge the data that was enclosed in the document.
In cases like this, you would need a data confidentiality agreement. This would cause people who have access to keep sensitive information to themselves. Violation of the agreement could result to a lawsuit, so they are obligated to comply. When making a data confidentiality agreement, check out our Sample Agreements and use them as guide in crafting your own.
Company Data Confidentiality Agreement
Data Protection Confidentiality Agreement
Sample Personal Data Confidentiality Agreement
Data Sharing Confidentiality Agreement in PDF
Customer Data Confidentiality Agreement Format
What Is Data Confidentiality?
Data confidentiality is a rule of conduct that sets restrictions regarding the sharing of a particular information. This information or data may be something that only people in the company need to know, and organizations need to be clear with employees that these information should not be shared publicly. Data confidentiality can be further categorized into classified, sensitive, or public. Companies need to make their employees understand these confidentiality classification so misunderstanding is avoided.
Types of Data Confidentiality
Agreements need to be done so all parties involved are obliged to comply with the conditions provided in the document. Different agreements about nondisclosure of information exist such as general Confidentiality Agreements and Employee Confidentiality Agreements. Data confidentiality, however, are all about organizational information and they may be classified, sensitive, or public.
- Classified – Data is considered classified or confidential when if it is compromised would cause great harm to the organization or would pose a huge level of risk.
- Sensitive – When a sensitive data is disclosed without authorization, it would result in a moderate harm or risk to the organization and/or the people involved.
- Public – Public data is data that is readily available to everyone either upon request or through an open post from the institution.
Data Entry Confidentiality Agreement
Student Data Confidentiality Agreement
Data Security Confidentiality Agreement
Research Data Confidentiality Agreement
Data Recovery Confidentiality Agreement
Data Collection Confidentiality Agreement
Importance of Data Confidentiality Agreements
Data confidentiality agreements are very important documents in every company as it is a common misunderstanding between the company and the employee to not divulge data that are considered classified or sensitive. This way, the institution and the people involved are safe from the risk and harm that would result when the information is disclosed without authorization.
Tips in Making Data Confidentiality Agreements
- Provide a purpose for disclosure. By stating a reason why the data enclosed is confidential, you also limit the number of people that could gain access to it. Make the purpose specific and reasonable.
- Provide a clear scope of the agreement. Employees may want to hire advisers and other people within the company. Make sure you include which people the data can be disclosed and that the disclosing party is fully liable to actions of the people they disclosed to regarding the data.
- Incorporate a penalty clause. To fully protect you and the company, create a penalty clause that outlines what is to be done when noncompliance happens.
Data confidentiality agreement, like any other agreements, such as Vendor Confidentiality Agreements, would need to be clear on what data is confidential, who the people they could disclose to, what happens when noncompliance happens, etc. Our sample data confidentiality agreements have all the necessary elements that make your agreement as air-tight as possible.
21+ Nondisclosure Agreement Samples and Examples – PDF, Word
26+ Non-Disclosure Agreement Templates – PDF, Word
22+ Non-Disclosure and Non-Compete Agreement Template – PDF, Word
13+ Nondisclosure Agreement Samples – PDF, Word
14+ Nondisclosure and Noncompete Agreement Samples – PDF, Word
29+ Sample Non Disclosure Agreements
15+ Non Disclosure Agreement Samples
23+ Confidentiality Agreement Samples & Templates
11+ Confidentiality Agreement Samples
7+ Confidentiality Agreement Samples
13+ Sample Service Level Agreements
10+ Security Agreement Samples and Templates – PDF, Word
16+ Sample Partnership Agreements
15+ General Partnership Agreement Samples
18+ Partnership Agreement Samples, Templates, Examples